Is it offensive?

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
I was writing a part of a chapter when some name of gods appear and I write that some was like human when other looked like beasts in my story. It's then that I asked myself, if someone from these countries see there gods was portayed as beasts would that be offensive for them?

The part in question :

"It seems that there were different kinds, some with a human-like appearance such as Zeus, Odin, Isis, and Amaterasu, while others like Nüwa and Ganesha resembled more like crystal beasts."

(Crystal beasts are the name for "magic" beasts in my novel.)

Kamelingil

Multiversal Author
Myth Gods can be used in Fictions, it's fine except, the Religious Gods like Jesus or others.

Because myth Gods are just fictional and the Gods that are used by the Religion can be an offense by the believers.

Sleds

To be honest I'm not sure how much Nüwa and Ganesha are nowaday, if it was about old religion who are not active now, I know I can write them without having to think about this like the greek or scandinav one.

Tempokai

Overworked One
Mythical gods often transformed into the animals, so it's ok. But Abrahamic everyone except few are humans, so proceed with caution

Succubiome

I don't have a religion myself, but a lot of gods in a lot of different religions can take the form of beasts, so ones that are supposed to take the form of beasts sometimes taking the form of beasts doesn't seem insulting-- but even with those, saying that some are beasts while other ones are humans seems a bit iffy?

PeacefulMyst

In your heart~
Sorry, didn't mean to.
nah i dont really mind. If you change the wording a bit i guess it is ok? I mean ganesha, the demigod, has the head of an elephant anyways (though human) although you can just use a different demigod like Narsingh which would be ok to refer to that way ig

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
I don't give a shit about people being offended by me doing their god dirty, since I used off-screen haki on them, I already crossed the line long ago. I'm willing to defiled the image of a god for the sake of the story.

In all seriousness, it depends on how gods are implemented in your story. Where they good or bad. Benevolent or need Kratos. You can't pleased everyone, and you don't need to. As an author, your opinion matters more than the readers or potential readers.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
So describe it. Don't just say "crystal beast".

Describe Ganesha's elephant head.

Comment on Nuwa's serpentine body.

This is to differentiate between them from the common beast. Even more so if your "crystal beast" is feral and/ or detrimental to humans. Distinguish the gods from the monsters.

Sleds

I don't give a shit about people being offended by me doing their god dirty, since I used off-screen haki on them, I already crossed the line long ago. I'm willing to defiled the image of a god for the sake of the story.

In all seriousness, it depends on how gods are implemented in your story. Where they good or bad. Benevolent or need Kratos. You can't pleased everyone, and you don't need to. As an author, your opinion matters more than the readers or potential readers.
They are all dead long ago due to war, there was no evil or good. Just different point of view resulting on a war.

Sleds

So describe it. Don't just say "crystal beast".

Describe Ganesha's elephant head.

Comment on Nuwa's serpentine body.

This is to differentiate between them from the common beast. Even more so if your "crystal beast" is feral and/ or detrimental to humans. Distinguish the gods from the monsters.
Doesn't really work in my story to write it like this. The "crystal beast" are a common term for beasts/animal who gain "magic" and since the gods we have in real life are part of an ancient world who don't exist anymore since billion years and only can be found in some old book that rare and no one read, for current people they will just look like "crystal beast". Gods are being that you can see on TV in this story and even crystal beast can reach it, they won't be amazed to see the term gods.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Doesn't really work in my story to write it like this. The "crystal beast" are a common term for beasts/animal who gain "magic" and since the gods we have in real life are part of an ancient world who don't exist anymore since billion years and only can be found in some old book that rare and no one read, for current people they will just look like "crystal beast". Gods are being that you can see on TV in this story and even crystal beast can reach it, they won't be amazed to see the term gods.
Your world has no description for noodle animals and creatures with a prehensile nose?