Why is china single-handled carrying the yuri genre and why are korean novels so good

• Thread starter Deleted member 133647
  • Start date

J_Chemist

Well because that's an opinion, and it's probably also a preference you have.

Please provide statistics and evidence that Chinese novels are carrying the genre. :blob_popcorn:

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I have a scene I want where the demon lord is actually another transmigrator. He's a japanese guy who got isekai'd along with the MC, except he wound up in the demon lord's body. He's going to make a grand entrance when he takes to the battlefield. I'm going to have him come driving in a car made out of magic that looks like a Delorian and he'll be playing this song as he steps out of the car.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
I disagree on the Korean novels. Same with their manhwa - mid at best.

Chinese novels, tho... chef's kiss :blob_sir:

I demand reccommendations! :blob_thor:
"She is the Protagonist", "Outrageous", or the classic "Female General and Eldest Princess" or more angsty "Clear and Muddy Loss of Love" I will always recommend. I'm just sad that a lot of novels with interesting premise are a bad MTL

BlackKnightX

They usually have cooler MCs, in both appearances and personalities. Japanese MCs are... well, it depends on the story, I suppose.

Mortrexo

"She is the Protagonist", "Outrageous", or the classic "Female General and Eldest Princess" or more angsty "Clear and Muddy Loss of Love" I will always recommend. I'm just sad that a lot of novels with interesting premise are a bad MTL
You recommended "Female General and Elders Princess"? Do you want to throw them into a world of angst and depression? Hahaha. Don't get me wrong, it's a good novel, but it's really angsty.

DannyTheDaikon

| Azure tamer | Harbinger of chaos and soup
You recommended "Female General and Elders Princess"? Do you want to throw them into a world of angst and depression? Hahaha. Don't get me wrong, it's a good novel, but it's really angsty.
Compared to JWQS, FGEP was a fairytale for kids when it comes to angst... They're going to be fineeeeeeee :blob_cookie:

I think... :blob_hmm_two:

Kalliel

Grind, Future, A Beautiful Star
Well, the Chinese stories outside of yuri are pretty damn bad in my opinion.
It's not like there is no bad yuri though.

Verdante

I disagree on the Korean novels. Same with their manhwa - mid at best.

Chinese novels, tho... chef's kiss :blob_sir:

Thank you!!