Euphoria723

Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost! [Evaluated]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
  • Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Survive your first day.
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
Stella, the beautiful young star spirit has arrived at the supposed home of the Adventure Guild. Her light blue twin tails flustered in the wind as she look for someone to direct her to the Guild Building. When she finally got the direction to the building, she bow her head and thank the man who answered her.

She headed towards the Guild and walked straight inside when she spotted the building. Stella approach the reception desk and smiled at the staff politely.

"Hi, I'm Stella, a new adventurer." She said, "may I know what this city is called? Also where I can purchase a house or rent a room? I also need to know where I can find most of the shops here."

The staff informed her that this is Scribel City and continued on to answer her other question. They have a Shopping District and a tavern for staying. She can also purchase a house for several thousand gold coins.

Stella thanked the person and asked for a map of the city. Than she exit the building on a positive note.

Character Sheet - Stella
GenderFemaleRaceNorthern Star SpiritLevel1 [0 / 200 EXP]
Age18ClassIce+Astral MageMoney500 Gold

6A7D0A74ED3EBBA56D9C86572FC73347 (1).jpg
Appearance
Stella is a young girl with with bright blue, peach blossom eyes and light blue hair styled in a twin tails as shown in the image. She is usually seen dressed in different shade of bright colored blue or white while holding her wand, the Starwheel Ice Staff.
Personality
Stella is a usually quiet girl with a bright personality. She's cooperative and friendly as long as you don't provoke her. She has a positive mind set and think optimistic of everything. Stella is not a push over and always very eager to take revenge right away to blow off steam as she believe it's better to not bottle up negative emotions.
Backstory
Stella can from the northern regions as she is a Northern Star Spirit. The Starwheel Ice Staff manifest when she was 6 years old as a way of Coming of Age. Stella grew up in a happy family which is the cause of her personality.
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
As seen in the picture above, it's made out of light
blue crystals and ice. It helps user with their usage
of astral energy and ice element
Spatial RingA ring containing a miniature space for storage
Flying SwordA aerial transportation tool
Crystal Ice BowA bow made of crystal clear ice and can produce
ice arrows by holding it in shooting pose
SkillDescription
Astral ManipulationUser can create, shape and manipulate astral energy
Ice ManipulationUser can create, shape and manipulate ice
ArcheryThe skill of using the bow and arrow in long ranged
attacks
Spirit FormA last moment resort to save oneself from death by
turning into a ball of astral energy

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost! [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
Stella, the beautiful young star spirit has arrived at the supposed home of the Adventure Guild. Her light blue twin tails flustered in the wind as she look for someone to direct her to the Guild Building. When she finally got the direction to the building, she bow her head and thank the man who answered her.

She headed towards the Guild and walked straight inside when she spotted the building. Stella approach the reception desk and smiled at the staff politely.

"Hi, I'm Stella, a new adventurer." She said, "may I know what this city is called? Also where I can purchase a house or rent a room? I also need to know where I can find most of the shops here."

The staff informed her that this is Scribel City and continued on to answer her other question. They have a Shopping District and a tavern for staying. She can also purchase a house for several thousand gold coins.

Stella thanked the person and asked for a map of the city. Than she exit the building on a positive note.

Character Sheet - Stella

Appearance
Stella is a young girl with with bright blue, peach blossom eyes and light blue hair styled in a twin tails as shown in the image. She is usually seen dressed in different shade of bright colored blue or white while holding her wand, the Starwheel Ice Staff.
Personality
Stella is a usually quiet girl with a bright personality. She's cooperative and friendly as long as you don't provoke her. She has a positive mind set and think optimistic of everything. Stella is not a push over and always very eager to take revenge right away to blow off steam as she believe it's better to not bottle up negative emotions.
Backstory
Stella can from the northern regions as she is a Northern Star Spirit. The Starwheel Ice Staff manifest when she was 6 years old as a way of Coming of Age. Stella grew up in a happy family which is the cause of her personality.
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
SkillDescription
attacks
Welcome to the guild.
OOC: Please mark your post as evaluated.

Euphoria723

Please Don't Starve [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Find food.
  • Hope it is safe to eat.
  • Don't get diarrhea.
Have you ever wondered?
A cthulhu walks into the market and purchases a mysterious meat from a lizardman butcher.
Is it edible? Can you eat it? Will you die if you nibble on a piece?
I hope you're not too hungry...
Rewards:

After a long day of travel and the fact that she hasn't eaten yet, Stella look at the map in her hand and searched for the Shopping District.

When she got there, she looked around for a seafood market and purchased some seaweed and sea snails. Afterwards, she stored them in her spatial ring. Stella loved sea snails and seaweed and dislike fish and any type tentacle sea creatures. Their tentacles makes her wants to puke.

Next, Stella want to get some meat. Preferably duck and lamb meat. She dislike beef, don't usually eat pork since one can find hair on them even when cooked, and chicken is okay. Once she's bought them, Stella also got herself a box of eggs. Then she stored them all inside her spatial ring.

After all that shopping, Stella found a noodle shop and settled down for a meal.

Character Sheet - Stella

Appearance
Personality
Backstory
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
SkillDescription
attacks

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Please Don't Starve [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Find food.
  • Hope it is safe to eat.
  • Don't get diarrhea.
Have you ever wondered?
A cthulhu walks into the market and purchases a mysterious meat from a lizardman butcher.
Is it edible? Can you eat it? Will you die if you nibble on a piece?
I hope you're not too hungry...
Rewards:

After a long day of travel and the fact that she hasn't eaten yet, Stella look at the map in her hand and searched for the Shopping District.

When she got there, she looked around for a seafood market and purchased some seaweed and sea snails. Afterwards, she stored them in her spatial ring. Stella loved sea snails and seaweed and dislike fish and any type tentacle sea creatures. Their tentacles makes her wants to puke.

Next, Stella want to get some meat. Preferably duck and lamb meat. She dislike beef, don't usually eat pork since one can find hair on them even when cooked, and chicken is okay. Once she's bought them, Stella also got herself a box of eggs. Then she stored them all inside her spatial ring.

After all that shopping, Stella found a noodle shop and settled down for a meal.

Character Sheet - Stella

Appearance
Personality
Backstory
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
SkillDescription
attacks
I didn't know we had sea food around here.

Euphoria723

Um, where can I get a toothbrush? [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Realize that you are unable to maintain a routine from your old life.
  • Find a solution to get around it... or not.
The culture shock continues!
Do they sell bath soap here? Underwear?
What am I going to do without my quantum teleporter?
OMG, my mana-phone is going to run out of battery! :blob_upset:
Rewards:

When she finished eating, Stella immediately started on the second thing on her list of to dos. Self cleaning produces. Preferably some toothbrush and paste for cleaning her teeth and body wash or soap bar for taking a bath.

Earlier, Stella pasted by a self cleaning product shop so she quickly found her way there. She first, stopped before it to confirm that it's the one before going inside.

Once inside, she searched the shelves for toothbrush and toothpaste. Yet as Stella scan the aisles, she just couldn't find one. She did find soap bar and bath towels, so she took those. As for toothbrush and paste, the staff told her they didn't have them and neither do they know what they are.

Stella could only resigned to her fate and go find a stall that sells peppermint. Once she bought a bag of them, Stella head out of the shopping district.

Character Sheet - Stella

Appearance
Personality
Backstory
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
SkillDescription
attacks

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Um, where can I get a toothbrush? [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Realize that you are unable to maintain a routine from your old life.
  • Find a solution to get around it... or not.
The culture shock continues!
Do they sell bath soap here? Underwear?
What am I going to do without my quantum teleporter?
OMG, my mana-phone is going to run out of battery! :blob_upset:
Rewards:

When she finished eating, Stella immediately started on the second thing on her list of to dos. Self cleaning produces. Preferably some toothbrush and paste for cleaning her teeth and body wash or soap bar for taking a bath.

Earlier, Stella pasted by a self cleaning product shop so she quickly found her way there. She first, stopped before it to confirm that it's the one before going inside.

Once inside, she searched the shelves for toothbrush and toothpaste. Yet as Stella scan the aisles, she just couldn't find one. She did find soap bar and bath towels, so she took those. As for toothbrush and paste, the staff told her they didn't have them and neither do they know what they are.

Stella could only resigned to her fate and go find a stall that sells peppermint. Once she bought a bag of them, Stella head out of the shopping district.

Character Sheet - Stella

Appearance
Personality
Backstory
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
SkillDescription
attacks

Euphoria723

Making a Friend™ [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:

Just as Stella exit the Shopping District, she ran into someone singing a happy tune. It was boy with dark blue hair that's almost black with phoenix blue eyes in long sleeve sailor suit. Curious, she went up to greet him.

"Hi, I'm Stella," she introduced herself. "What are you singing?"

"Oh hi, I'm Vesper," the boy who seems slightly older then her said. "I'm Bright Moon's Song, a song from my homeland."

"I like it," Stella told him. "It's catchy."

"Thanks," he said, then spotted her Starwheel Ice Staff. "Are you an adventurer by any chance?"

"Yeah," she answered. "You too?"

"En."

"Then let's keep in touch and maybe do a party quest in the future," Stella suggested.

"Okay."

Character Sheet - Stella

Appearance
Personality
Backstory
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
SkillDescription
attacks

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Making a Friend™ [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:

Just as Stella exit the Shopping District, she ran into someone singing a happy tune. It was boy with dark blue hair that's almost black with phoenix blue eyes in long sleeve sailor suit. Curious, she went up to greet him.

"Hi, I'm Stella," she introduced herself. "What are you singing?"

"Oh hi, I'm Vesper," the boy who seems slightly older then her said. "I'm Bright Moon's Song, a song from my homeland."

"I like it," Stella told him. "It's catchy."

"Thanks," he said, then spotted her Starwheel Ice Staff. "Are you an adventurer by any chance?"

"Yeah," she answered. "You too?"

"En."

"Then let's keep in touch and maybe do a party quest in the future," Stella suggested.

"Okay."

Character Sheet - Stella

Appearance
Personality
Backstory
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
SkillDescription
attacks
Yay, friends...

Euphoria723

I'm not homeless, am I? [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Find somewhere to sleep.
:blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep:
Rewards:

They talked until the sky got a little dark, indicating that it's early evening. Stella asked her new friend whether or not he knew where the tavern is and Vesper nodded. He told her the directions and waved her good bye.

They parted on a happy note and Stella headed towards the tavern. Inside, it's livery and bright and she could see several people eating at their respective tables.

Stella walked up to the clerk and looked at the price of everything. She rented a room with meals included at the price of 10 gold coins. Stella took her room key and went upstairs.

Her room has a single bed with a desk for writing. Near the doorway is the closet for her clothes and other luggage. Satisfied, Stella sat her Starwheel Ice Staff by the desk and sat the bed with a yawn.

Character Sheet - Stella

Appearance
Personality
Backstory
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
SkillDescription
attacks

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
I'm not homeless, am I? [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Find somewhere to sleep.
:blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep:
Rewards:

They talked until the sky got a little dark, indicating that it's early evening. Stella asked her new friend whether or not he knew where the tavern is and Vesper nodded. He told her the directions and waved her good bye.

They parted on a happy note and Stella headed towards the tavern. Inside, it's livery and bright and she could see several people eating at their respective tables.

Stella walked up to the clerk and looked at the price of everything. She rented a room with meals included at the price of 10 gold coins. Stella took her room key and went upstairs.

Her room has a single bed with a desk for writing. Near the doorway is the closet for her clothes and other luggage. Satisfied, Stella sat her Starwheel Ice Staff by the desk and sat the bed with a yawn.

Character Sheet - Stella

Appearance
Personality
Backstory
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Starwheel Ice
Staff
SkillDescription
attacks

Euphoria723

Night Watch [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.
We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:
  • Money: 10 G

After settling down in his tavern room, Vesper glance at the sun. Right about now, the sun is about to set. He went down stairs and bought a loaf of bread and eggs for 2 gold coins total. Vesper took them into his hands and ate them on his way to the Adventurer’s Guild.

By the time he arrived at the guild, vesper has finished the last of his eggs. The Building is conveniently next to the tavern, so it didn’t take long. Vesper head inside and signed up for night watch duty.

Once he got his approval, Vesper bid the staff good bye and head out the building. Vesper then took out his Frost Bow, a weapon he made a short time after his Inheritance Ceremony with his Blood Essence which contains the purest ice energy and ice.

Frost Bow is Vesper’s proudest masterpiece, the artifact that he created for his coming of age. It doesn’t need any arrows and it’s automatic, needing only for Vesper is stand in shooting pose.

As the sun sets and the sky got dark, the young luan patroled the city without slacking. Despite that, he wasn’t nervous but felt rather aloof. This is natural. After all, Vesper is an offspring of the luan race.

Fortunately, nothing happened tonight so young Vesper didn’t have to do any major work. He merely patrolled the city thoroughly and when the sun came up, Vesper head towards the Adventurer’s Guild to check out of duty.

Ice Mage Vesper - Level 2
GenderMaleRaceLuanLevel2 [240/600]
Age19ClassIce ElementalistMoney480 Gold
Appearance

Personality
Vesper is positive and proud youth like most of his kins. He's also rather two faced, showing a positive to people who he just met or hardly knows and shows his friends and family a rather annoyingly arrogant person. He's adaptive and can read situations and knows when to retreat, a useful survival skill.
Backstory
Vesper, a name that means the Evening Star, is born of the Luan Race. A bird race with similarities to the phoenix and born with the innate ability to control ice.

He grew up loving music which he occasionally use to control beasts and puppets with his white jade flute. A form of puppeting from his homeland. As a member of his race, Vesper is exceptional with the ice element.
Skills
SkillDescription
Ice ManipulationThe ability to control and manipulate ice to his very imagination
Music PuppetingUsing musical instruments channeled with mana to control beasts and puppets
Archery ProficiencyExceptional ability with the bow and arrow
Divine SenseAn all purpose soul like part of all human, just some knows it's existence some don't. It can be a spatial storage, the size depend on your mental powers. It can also be used for out of body travels, communicate search your surroundings, and if you have the ability, invade other's minds. (Action not recommended as it can result in fatal injuries if your divine sense is attacked in the progress)
Flying SwordMainly used as an aerial transportation tool, it can be also used to attack enemies in form of flying swords. Attack moves are controlled by user's soul, divine sense, spiritual energy or mana power.

Euphoria723

Healing Herbs [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:
  • Money: 20 G

When Vesper slept enough and woke up, it’s early noon and when he went downstair, he sees very few people there. It’s only natural since most people are already out and on to their daily tasks.

Vesper went to the guild to take up a task. He head over to the front desk and was suggested to stock 5 small sacks of healing herb. Vesper listened attentivey to the description of the plant and head for the northern forest.

Once he’s there all the supposed area where he could find healing herbs, Vesper scan his surrounding for grass similar to the staff’s description. He experiment on a several patch of grass by making a small wound on his palm and using some of the grasses and see if they heal.

Finally, Vesper found a relatively big patch of grass that was success in Vesper's test. If you look carefully, you can even find sparkles of energy surrounding them. Vesper ran over and stopped just in front of them, careful not to step on them.

Vesper took out 3 sacks he got from the guild and carefully plucked them out and put them in the sacks. When he’s done with everything late noon and he put the 3 sacks into one of is spatial ring.

Since it’s quiet a way, he took out his sword, named Qi Ming which means Vesper like his own name and hopped on. Vesper manipulate the sword with spirit energy and flew in the direction of the guild. It didn’t take long before he arrive since flying swords are a fast aerial transportation. Vesper turned in the 3 sacks and the task was complete.

Appearance

Personality
Vesper is positive and proud youth like most of his kins. He's also rather two faced, showing a positive to people who he just met or hardly knows and shows his friends and family a rather annoyingly arrogant person. He's adaptive and can read situations and knows when to retreat, a useful survival skill.
Backstory
Vesper, a name that means the Evening Star, is born of the Luan Race. A bird race with similarities to the phoenix and born with the innate ability to control ice.

He grew up loving music which he occasionally use to control beasts and puppets with his white jade flute. A form of puppeting from his homeland. As a member of his race, Vesper is exceptional with the ice element.
Skills
SkillDescription
Ice ManipulationThe ability to control and manipulate ice to his very imagination
Music PuppetingUsing musical instruments channeled with mana to control beasts and puppets
Divine SenseAn all purpose soul like part of all human, just some knows it's existence some don't. It can be a spatial storage, the size depend on your mental powers. It can also be used for out of body travels, communicate search your surroundings, and if you have the ability, invade other's minds. (Action not recommended as it can result in fatal injuries if your divine sense is attacked in the progress)
Flying SwordMainly used as an aerial transportation tool, it can be also used to attack enemies in form of flying swords. Attack moves are controlled by user's soul, divine sense, spiritual energy or mana power.

Last edited:

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Night Watch [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Watch for monsters, vagabonds, and criminals.
  • Sound the alarm if there is an attack.
  • Stay awake and vigilant for the whole night.
  • Do not leave your post.
Currently, the Scribel City Guard is understaffed.
We need people to help keep the city safe.
Rewards:

After settling down in his tavern room, Vesper glance at the sun. Right about now, the sun is about to set. He went down stairs and bought a loaf of bread and eggs for 2 gold coins total. Vesper took them into his hands and ate them on his way to the Adventurer’s Guild.

By the time he arrived at the guild, vesper has finished the last of his eggs. The Building is conveniently next to the tavern, so it didn’t take long. Vesper head inside and signed up for night watch duty.

Once he got his approval, Vesper bid the staff good bye and head out the building. Vesper then took out his Frost Bow, a weapon he made a short time after his Inheritance Ceremony with his Blood Essence which contains the purest ice energy and ice.

Frost Bow is Vesper’s proudest masterpiece, the artifact that he created for his coming of age. It doesn’t need any arrows and it’s automatic, needing only for Vesper is stand in shooting pose.

As the sun sets and the sky got dark, the young luan patroled the city without slacking. Despite that, he wasn’t nervous but felt rather aloof. This is natural. After all, Vesper is an offspring of the luan race.

Fortunately, nothing happened tonight so young Vesper didn’t have to do any major work. He merely patrolled the city thoroughly and when the sun came up, Vesper head towards the Adventurer’s Guild to check out of duty.

Appearance

Personality
Backstory

Skills
SkillDescription
Glad to hear nothing happen, here's your reward.

Zoey

Mustachu
Evaluation
Healing Herbs [Evaluation Needed]
Objectives:
  • Identify healing herbs in the wilderness.
  • Collect 5 small sacks of healings herbs.
  • Do not accidentally harvest the wrong plants.
Many species of healing herbs can be found throughout the world.
A special type of grass with healing properties is known to grow in this area.
The guild would like to stockpile on these herbs for emergencies.
Make sure that you're collecting the right kind of plant though!
We don't want a sack of ordinary grass!
Rewards:

When Vesper slept enough and woke up, it’s early noon and when he went downstair, he sees very few people there. It’s only natural since most people are already out and on to their daily tasks.

Vesper went to the guild to take up a task. He head over to the front desk and was suggested to stock 5 small sacks of healing herb. Vesper listened attentivey to the description of the plant and head for the northern forest.

Once he’s there all the supposed area where he could find healing herbs, Vesper scan his surrounding for grass similar to the staff’s description. He used his divine sense to search for the circulation of mana in the grasses.

Finally, Vesper found a relatively big patch of grass with mana circulating from within. If you look carefully, you can even find sparkles of energy surrounding them. Vesper ran over and stopped just in front of them, careful not to step on them.

Vesper took out 3 sacks he got from the guild and carefully plucked them out and put them in the sacks. When he’s done with everything late noon and he put the 3 sacks into one of is spatial ring.

Since it’s quiet a way, he took out his sword, named Qi Ming which means Vesper like his own name and hopped on. Vesper manipulate the sword with spirit energy and flew in the direction of the guild. It didn’t take long before he arrive since flying swords are a fast aerial transportation. Vesper turned in the 3 sacks and the task was complete.

Appearance

Personality
Backstory

Skills
SkillDescription
Do keep in mind that the quest was for five sacks of healing herbs not three. I expect better next time.
  • Money: 16 G
OOC: also your character seems a bit too over power for their level, just saying.

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
APPRAISED
> > >
Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost!
Objectives:
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably! Rewards:
> > >
Lifting up the burdens off his shoulders, the light eased his senses. Thus accompanying him to a better end, till everything darkens and disappears along with him. Or so would he have thought if his clothes did not move at the breeze of wind, if his nose did not perk up to such a bitter scent, if his limbs were not freely able to move-- if, simply told, his corpse was thrown at the dogs. Nonetheless, here he was. Alive, in a place he was not familiar with. Somewhere away from the city. ‘Is it-- the afterlife?’, it was his fight thought when his spirit grasped the situation. The answer quickly turned negative as noises began to appear. Steps to be more precise, people speaking a foreign language yet familiar, likely a sort of dialect.

Yet, despite all of his senses, one was heavily diminished. His sight was badly damaged, every color faded, every perspective seemed to be darker than it should be. A sigh escaped his mouth as his mood lifted up. Manyvat Adruo survived, he went through hell and came back with significant harms. But he was alive.

‘That is all I need to start anew,’ will he try again? It is likely. However, questions remained, for example, his last memory and his current appearance. Everything seemed blurry, including his memories, aside from his sensations, one word came to mind: heat.
That is right, someone or a group attempted to burn him to death likely. As his mind kept running the possible scenarios, the merchant lied down on the ground and his pupils focused upon the sky.

‘Why can I not remember… why would they… I mean… I have not done anything wrong, did I..? Perhaps some errors there and here. But not enough to be-- executed, right?’

Trying to remember what happened, he tried to visualize his sensations in a different-- and such, he thought of snow nearby a fire. That snow melted and then faded away.
‘Is that what happened?’
Does that mean he died, burning on the sakes? If that is case, where is he? Until his body lifts off the ground, and his legs explore these lands. It will remain unanswered. However, taking each thing in its own time is a more efficient option. His shape was cladded into a black robe from head to toes, revealing an iron cuirass. A tricorn was put down on his head, just below it was a smooth white mask, likely in iron as well.
Nothing in his brain could tell him where and how did he get to wear these clothes. None of these fitted his personality, neither did it goes well with his taste. Anyhow, holding on this mask with his left hand, he tried to remove-- but he was unable to. Another issue was risen, how will he eat if he cannot remove this mask? Same as for drinking. Trying again, but this time with the lower half of the mask-- only the lower half turned up.

‘Mmmm. How strange. I suppose I cannot do anything about it… still, that will make my work much more difficult. How troublesome.’
Since he was unable to do so, he tried to lift up his sleeves-- but he was unable as well. Collecting his thoughts, Adruo was still unsure whether that was reality or not. What kind of entity would force you to live with these clothes and never be able to take them off? Perhaps, even a curse. Or simply his own mind-- who knew, perhaps he was simply dreaming and all he needed was to go along with it.

Now that most aspects of his current self have been assessed, his head turned left and right. And his eyes widened. Even more questions followed his shadow as he began walking around, trying to examine the place he was in-- a city. Little by little, his sight seemed to be returning, allowing him to have a more proper view on it. An outskirt city? That is what he thought when he saw the buildings, but something felt odd. There was something wrong. For example-- those gates.

At this exact moment, a hand set on his shoulder. Worries run along his spine, sweat began to cover his body-- but, of course, none of this could be noticed. Slowly turning back, his eyes focused on the stranger.

“My, that is one strange outfit. But I suppose you are not the strangest out there… in any case, I suppose you just arrived there, didn’t ya?”
It was a man, likely in his late forties. Of a white composure, brown hair, dark eyes, heavy wrinkles around his smile, and finally a rather wide shape. Likely, that man is a warrior, a friendly one considering that humongous grin. Who was he? And where were they? Nonetheless, he preferred to wait rather than ask questions. Wait and see-- answers may come by themselves without needing him to personally involve himself.

“Ahaaah, and you’re a silent one. Oh well, in any case, welcome to this new world! You’re currently in Scribel City! Where can be found the Adventurer’s Guild, many otherworlders go there once they came in.”
When he heard those words, a sigh escaped his mouth. An Adventurer’s Guild? Honestly, he did not like it. Nonetheless, usually, lot of information went through them as they were more popular than mercenary bands in his previous world-- or so it was thought. Manyvat frowned upon those thoughts, coming from another world? That sounds like pure legends. If people such as these existed, they would be purged. Be it as it may-- before getting more confused.

“Let’s have a drink somewhere and speak. My name is Manyvat Adruo.”
Looking a bit surprised, the warrior smiled and stretched out his arm, hoping for a friendly handshake. In any case, since one introduced himself, the other shall do the same while leading him to the-- Adventurer’s Tavern. Where else should he go, after all? There was not any other place he could go to.
“Mine is Paul, just Paul. We’re gonna go to the tavern, aye? I will be able to explain things more thoroughly to you.”
“I do hope that you will do that. I need information right now… and I thank you in advance for that.

In fact, while they were on the way to the tavern, that is what he did-- later on, he explained the relationships between the City-State of Scribel and the Adventurer’s Guild, some significant places around the city. But not much more than that. As time flew on, the merchant began to relax and the tone of his voice became much more friendly and joyful. This swift change made his guide rather perplexed, but he just shrugged over it and thought of it as an otherworlder’s eccentricity.
Eventually, it became a reason for Paul to pester his newfound comrade with questions that delve into his personal life a bit too much for comfort.

• Your name’s quite odd, does it have any particular meaning?
  • How did you even get into this world? Lot of people seemed to give out pretty eccentric replies… though, all were somehow interesting I guess.
  • Right, did you have a family or anything along those lines? Why would you come here and leave them behind if you do have one? Isn’t that pretty selfish…?
  • Although… what’s up with these clothes? Isn't it... too warm?

However, the merchant still remained unwilling to speak about his issues and tried avoiding the bothersome topics or get around it. For example--
“When going to a hot place such as desert or so, it is unwise to go naked. If you are heavily clothed, sweat will be more profusely produced. But this same sweat will be able to cool down your body and thus permits you to hold out a longer time in a hot climate! So, may as well feel hot all of the time.”

While he could not confirm about whether what he was declaring was lies or not, he only needed to divert the topic to something else. Not minding much his reply, Paul just clicked on his tongue and decided to be done with it as it seemed that the merchant was unwilling to share. It was clear. The otherworlder wanted him to leave considering his reply, and how he kept avoiding speaking.
“Since it seems like that you still need time, I suppose I should let you the time to think everything through, I must be a bother by distracting you-- let’s just talk again once your thoughts are collected, I am always curious about what otherworlders, they always bring intriguing stories with them… Anyway--”

Understanding how this encounter may end up if he leaves it this way. Manyvat decided to interrupt him, shook his hand and-- express his deepest thanks and apologies as the same time. While trying to keep a certain sort of link with him.
“Dear friend, I just want you to know one thing. I am grateful for you to have guided me. Once I am feeling better, I will be sure to pay you a treat and a drink. Or if you prefer, I owe you a favour, if you need anything that can be within my capabilities, just… come to the… Adventurer’s Tavern I suppose? That can be our discussion and drinking spot.”
“Oh… arg, I hate it. Whatever. I guess I can apologize for being too curious as well, you just came here and I kept asking questions about you.”
“That’s fine, that’s fine, let’s just meet up when everything’s fine, okay?”

Following this, no words were exchanged. Only gestures, handshakes and nods. As well as smiles. A sort of relief took over the merchant’s mind who then wondered what kind of benefits could he draw from this relationship? Considering that he seems to be a warrior, perhaps information about the surrounding beasts? Nonetheless, now that he got this matter dealt with. The merchant leaned against the Guild’s war and needed time to compute before going into the guild to register himself as an adventurer.

--first, the situation seemed to be real. Surprisingly enough, it would make sense if he did come to another world. Yet it is still unbelievable. How can he not doubt the current situation? He may as well be teleported to the other side of the planet! That would already more credible than being in another world! Although, he remembered what his eyes perceived-- those gates. Something was amiss about them. Somehow-- it did not feel like magic, it was similar yet different.
To try it out, the merchant tried to cast some spells-- but everything felt so unstable that it barely worked. The foundations themselves of his spells felt wrong-- even though in his previous world, it worked just fine. With this, he came to the conclusion that magic itself was different in this world.

Also, while the common language is slightly different. For some reasons, he had no problems speaking it. It seemed that he even spoke with a native’s accent. How did he do that? He barely recognised his own voice when they spoke to each other. Actually, why did he even perfectly understand him? Aside from that-- there were many questions, but all of these could be answered with time.
Except one-- why? Why is he here? How did he come through those gates? No matter how hard he thought about it, he could not remember anything but the scent of smoke. And since his mind seemed unwilling to share what he went through-- he will not think about it, he will discard that thought and try to discover much more the place he is in and, perhaps, realise his dream while he is at it. But for that, he needed information that he could get from the Guild as it seems that they are used to receive people from other worlds-- or so the common belief claims.

‘I still do not believe it.’
Assuming that coming to another world is really possible, it means that there should be a knot, a link or anything between his world and this one, right? But if there was one, he would know it. For sure, before appearing here-- he sought secrets, any esoteric clue that could lead him to a new source of benefits. Be it through an intermediary or not-- nonetheless.
‘...I could not know it as well… after all-- I lost everything, right? It must not have been something that happened overnight, someone must have been planning in the long-term… thus that would explain why I would not know of it.’

Let’s stop thinking about it. That is better, it is not as if he can change anything to the outcome after all. Unless he could go back in time and travel between worlds, nonetheless, it is impossible. Entering into the Guild, he looked around and saw the reception. That was time to register, wasn’t it? He walked to the receptionist, cleared his throat and spoke on a joyful tone.

“I would like to register, although, only if it’s free!”
That is how he became an adventurer, still, only if it's free-- jokes aside, no matter what happened on the registration day, he became an adventurer. Somehow.
OOC: I honestly did not know what to write with this one~
(Maybe because it's supposed to happen before the registration? Or because of the gate stuff? Not sure about what gave me troubles writing this one. )

Last edited:

Bochi

> > >
Scouting the Lake
  • Required Level: 7
Objectives:
  • Scout the perimeter of the lake.
  • Note any changes in the enemy status.
  • Note any changes in the poisoned fields.
  • Do not lure enemies to the city.
Information is essential to fighting any war, and we cannot afford to operate blind.Please scout the lake and the Poisoned Fields and assess the damage.Many varieties of new poisonous monsters have been discovered since the war.Any information about the hydra's forces is invaluable. Rewards:
'Well, first things first, I saw the Hydra. Or at least I'm hoping that that's the rumoured Hydra, because if something roughly the height of Gelderholm's walls and in possession of nine heads isn't the Hydra in the reports, then we're going to have a lot of fun. I say roughly, because I dipped right out the moment I spotted the first head rising from the lake, and didn't pause until I was a very respectable distance away and hiding in the foliage. From there I observed.

Since the closest path to the Lake was kinda riddled with snakes of all kinds, I ended up taking the long way around, all the way across the other side of the lake. It did take a bit longer, but I'd say it's very worth it; I came across what I'd describe as a...breeding ground. Eggs of all shapes and sizes scattered about randomly, just sitting in piles by themselves.

I figured the size of the nest was way too small to keep up with the number of snakes assaulting the walls every day, until I explored deeper into the nest.

F***ing hell.

Let's just say that if someone could sneak back here with a cluster of firebombs, they could do some serious damage to snake production and maybe even cripple it. It'll be a mercy to the...breeding chambers...as well, and I refuse to emphasize further. I've marked it down on the map if anyone wants to do the honours.

As for the poisonous fields...well, I don't know how poisonous they were previously, but right now it's basically a distribution centre for toxic waste, because it now resembles a swampland and the murky greenish water definitely ain't caused by mud. From where I was, I could see snakes swimming across the f***ing liquid surface and then straightening out to mimic floating sticks. Yeah, you'll have to pardon me, but I'm not wading in there blindly. Even my instincts are screaming for me to stay away.

After that I resumed my patrol, and made my way along the southern part of the lake which was where I spotted the Hydra(?). Several of it's heads were staring at a smaller three-headed snake, but otherwise looked bored. Nothing much happened beyond that.

Was what I was hoping to say.

Instead, I looked on as one of the heads brought out what appeared to be a tiny golden box held within it's mouth. A smaller snake then pushed the lid open and some sort of gas floated out, enveloping the smaller snakes that had gathered on the opposite shore.

I watched as most of them underwent very rapid transformation; I recognised the spike throwers and the shields and the frilly things, but there were also another bunch of weird looking snakes mixed in the batch. Some of those were flying. And as soon as the gas disappeared the now matured snakes crawled off, heading in the direction of the dwarven city. Just to be certain, I staked out for a couple hours more and saw it happening again in the afternoon, before packing up and heading back to Gelderholm myself.

Basically, that seems to be the way the Hydra gets the numbers for the attacks on Gelderholm. The nests hatched scores of small and weak grass snakes every day, then they gathered to the Hydra and the weird gas from the box turned most of those into stronger, deadlier adult snakes. Then they leave to attack Gelderholm. On the flip side, besides a couple of three-headed snakes, the Hydra didn't seem to be too tightly guarded whenever it's not doing it's golden box trick.

Perhaps an opportunity to fight back can be found somewhere.'

- Vicious, G. G.

Last edited:

Vanus

Appraised
> > >
Giant Rat Subjugation
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Hunt giant rats in the Scribel City Sewers.
  • Dispose of the corpses.
  • Collect 20 giant rat tails.
The Scribel City Sewers are notorious for being invested with various critters.
Overgrown giant rats are a concern because they can spread disease.
While not too dangerous, they are agile and difficult to catch.
Rewards:
> > >
Having arrived at an entrance to this sewerage system which appears to be fairly orderly from all the records I have acquired even if it says that it is mazelike to some I take stock of the conditions of the sewer.
Assertion: Sewers are far cleaner than I had expected them to be.
Conclusion: Relatively the sewers are not that dirty compared to those of many of the larger Imperial worlds.
Assertion: Relative cleanliness of the sewers as compared to those of that I am used to.
Conclusion: Lower population density has lead to the sewers not having as much gunk in them as compared to those that I am far more familiar with as well as the open water source nearby likely means that it's easier for a flow to occur.
Assertion: Scribel Adventurer guild regularly sends people down into to the sewers to make sure that there are no corpses in the sewers as well as to contain rat populations.
Conclusion: The traffic that humans make as they go through the sewers keeps them relatively cleaner as people don't want to be wading through rotting piles of shit more often than not.
I slowly make my way deeper into the sewer scanning look for the rats to test myself against they are supposed to be giant but how big is that exactly I really need to start making a more thorough search of the databases here before going out on these quests. A Vanus operative is supposed to live and die by their knowledge. However from the size of these sewers and the relatively low threat that they are supposed to present I can say almost certainly that the rats here will pose little threat to myself. I actually had a few missions against rats after all they are supposed to be excellent at stealth and detection of enemies so assassins where sent into the sewerage system to acclimatise to the area and wait until even the rats could not notice them before leaving.

After travelling for a while into the sewers I noticed a distinct lack of living rats of course there were a few dead rats lying around but none of them had tails still attached. I began to collect up these rats in a pile so that they could be disposed of later. This lengthened the job probably by a large portion but I was supposed to remove corpses from the sewers anyway. The slow motion and the constant stalking seemed to be creating a fire in my body. I could hear a low whistling sound, the sound seemed to come from every direction at once and was slowly building up inside of my head.
Assertion: The daemon is making some kind of play to put pressure on me during this period of time.
Conclusion: Reasoning unknown threat unknown caution advised.
I slowly open up my left eye to see if there is anything living nearby no lights show up and the pain seems to be gone for now. Though dancing at the edge of my vision of my left eye is black spots. Likely something to do with the daemon it was referred to as a black emptiness by doctor Sturn.

After a while longer of the slow movement through the sewer I was able to ignore the noise however the heat building up in my body was becoming far more problematic constantly distracting me from my goal. I'd built up a fairly large amount of rats about 30 odd with their tails removed and dead. I was waiting near it standing as still as I could against the wall surely the rats would come for this. A rat about the size of one of those black creatures that stalked birds and rats above ground appeared large for a rat I guess but not the biggest by a large margin I've heard of. I slowly take aim at the back of the creatures head whilst the fire in my body seems to be dragging around to my leg. I take the shot and immediately after firing the arrow I collapse to the floor. My left leg having given out underneath me.

A while later after having killed 4 rats in similar ways after each shot my left leg gave out each time smacking me down on the floor dirtying my clothes and getting a foul stench building around me. The heat was slowly building up inside my leg and it was beginning to feel good. The slime and gunk seemed to have soaked into it and no matter how much I tried to clean off the gunk it would always be covered in more. The gunk was slowly spreading further and further up my leg as well and anywhere I left the gunk on my clothing it started a pleasurable sensation.
Assertion: The gunk is reacting with my body and giving my body pleasure for some unknown reason. Furthermore pain after a certain point is becoming a type of pleasure.
Conclusion: The daemon is doing something.
Assertion: The daemon wants me to feel pleasure and to be covered in this gunk.
Conclusion: Speed up this process and get out of here.

After that troubling discovery luckily a large group of rats came by and attracted by the pile of 34 dead rats, the new group lost all sense of their surrounding and rapidly dived at the pile beginning to munch and eat with abandon. I slowly begin to feel the headache pounding in my head and rapidly closed my left eye. I than quickly walked over to them being as silent as was possible the gunk built up on my body helping to silence my movement at least. Grabbing a sharp arrow from the quiver I quickly move in and begin killing the rats using the pile to hide my actions.
Assertion: Physical action increases the pleasure that is being driven throughout my body however it does not bring about the same weakness that is drilled into my body when I used ranged.
Conclusion: The daemon wants me to use melee attacks for some as of yet unknown reason.

After finishing off 9 of the 10 rats the pleasure built up is to great and a sound escapes from my throat. The last rat startled quickly looks around sees me and dashes through my legs escaping with one of the dead rats clenched between it's teeth. The rat had a slight tinge of purple to it and a lightning stripe ran along it's side from tailtip to one of it's 7 whiskers it seemingly missing one. "Fuck" I shout out and an intenser pleasure goes through my body at the word and I start shivering all over. I proceed to collapse backwards when the pleasure subsides both my legs having given out. I slowly remove the rat tails from each of the rats that I've killed before adding them to my pile. 13 tails and now 40 dead rats piled on the floor. I close both my eyes as the build up of an information overload feels like it is oncoming. Something feels like it's grabbed onto my shoulder but there is nothing there. Even though there is nothing my body is still slowly rolled over in the muck. Covering my body entirely except for my face which is miraculously on a clean area though my hair seems to be on fire to. The fire continues to strengthen and a tearing sound appears in my ear the suit is slowly ripping itself apart on places of my body where the firey sensation is strongest. I hear a mans voice and than I blank out from an information overload.

Coming to my suit that seemed to have ripped before I fell unconscious feels to have been removed from my body by something or someone. I am lucky that no rats found me whilst I was unconscious down here or I'm likely to have died. Getting up I look over myself dirtied and sullied in the filth of the sewers that will be a pain to clean though whatever the daemon was doing has ended for now it's actions are far to worrisome for my liking.
Assertion: The daemon has strong control over the pleasure receptors in my body and has vast powers seemingly at it's command.
Conclusion: I am in a fair amount of trouble. Requesting someone to execute me if I fall to far is a good idea.
Getting up I slowly look around me the sewer near me seems to have some white stains and I can feel something hot inside of my body though what exactly it is I do not feel like finding out. My clothing lays nearby completely clean though the left leg is coloured purple now rather than the white it previously was.
Assertion: The daemon has some long term scheme going on.
Conclusion: I must find now go and get new clothing fast.
Before my thoughts can go any further a whisper buries it's way into my ear. "How do you like my improvements? They take you towards perfection do they not." The sounds make my body shiver this only redoubles my effort to find new clothing.

Having brushed as much of the gunk off as I can I begin to move over to my clothing to inspect it further. There is a skull that surround each of my ankles, knees, elbows. What looks like the imprint of a skull around the groin area and a chain of skulls that runs around my neck. I checked my other stuff the 13 tails still remained. I went back to hiding to wait and quickly recovered 7 more tails from rats that passed by. I slowly walked away whilst looking at the sewer walls which were actually well layered with stone and had wooden support beams fairly often. Some of the wooden support beams looked as if they would need replacing soon if it was wished that they should continue to be in use. Every so often the dark of the tunnel was split by a shaft of light. These shafts were for people who wanted to dispose of garbage and other such stuff.

After a few more minutes of sitting down waiting for a rat to approach the pile I decided to go outside and burn the rat corpses and collect some more water for washing. I started off looking for something to help me carry my dead rats. I slowly walked along the sewer tunnel scanning everywhich way till I came across a board which looked big enough to carry my load. Quickly I returned to my stash of rats with the board. I slowly stacked the rat pile now depleted slightly further by rats having carried off 2 or 3 of them. The weight of the rats was far less than I predicted and I could easily carry it all on the board with no trouble.

Exiting the sewers I found that it was night time I made preparations for a small fire but left it unlit.
Assertion: Filthy
Conclusion:Time for a clean.
I slowly left the place where my rats were and headed towards the pool of water nearby to rinse my body off, I slowly got undressed I separated some of the water out of the pool and proceeded to use it to clean my hands off. I dumped the skintight body suit into the water the purple colour seems to have receded slightly on the left leg though the part is a deeper shade of purple I'm absolutely sure of it. Slowly I used the water to clean the rest of the gunk off my body making my self properly clean at last. Than I grabbed my suit out from the water and got dressed again. Than I lit the fire and started cooking one of the rats for dinner. The rest would be burnt to ashes and I'd crush the bones in the morning.

After finishing my dinner I spread the fire out a bit and began placing the rats into the fire to cook. There was no risk of the fire running out but there may be problems with the rats not catching fire properly or maybe the fire not being hot enough I'd see tomorrow. The rats had lost all their blood after I first killed them and whilst they had been sitting in the pile so the only problem would be the muck they had on them much of which in itself was highly flammable.

Waking up I made sure that my 13 rat tails were still secured and looked at the fire now burnt out but the meat had all been turned to ash. The rats were properly burnt leaving only the bones behind. I quickly gathered them up and than crushed them beneath the heel of my left leg. Some of the bones dust seemingly tinged purple but it was gone before I could be positive. After that I prepared to re-enter the sewers.

After a while of travel I began seeing more and more rot in the wood as if this area had been neglected on purpose though the rat tracks decreased even further in this area and the floor was far cleaner. Stopping I took a look around the place I was currently in.
Assertion: Roof seems to have lost stones and supports appear to be rotted through. Roof is also far lower compared to previous sections in area ahead.
Conclusion: Tunnel in imminent danger of collapse.
Assertion: Danger to those above and danger if anything is below.
Conclusion: Report to guild the lack of rats and the imminent collapse of the sewers.

The heat from yesterday returned to my body as I arrived at a section of the sewers with seemingly clean wooded floors. The heat was as I would predict particularly strong in the left leg that had been covered in gunk again to a point where you couldn't notice the purple. At this point I'd collected another 3 rats to add to my collection. meaning that I only had to collect another four and burn the ones currently hanging from my waist. A purple rat came from around the corner it was about the size of a small dog.
Assertion: Danger
Conclusion: Fire crossbow
As soon as I brought the crossbow up my legs began to feel like jelly and swiftly dropped me to the floor. The rat was now far closer.
Assertion: Daemon is messing with my nervous system again.
Conclusion: Finish this in melee quickly.
I quickly stood up as the rat continued to charge towards me I noticed a lightning stripe on it running from the start of it's tail until one of it's whiskers. The rat was getting to close to me so I prepared to jump out of the way now struggling to get a bolt out from my sealed quiver. The rat trued to jump as it came close enough however it seemed it wasn't used to having such a large body as it immediately stumbled and collapsed on the floor I relax and pull the bolt out of the quiver and ran at it. I stepped on the rats head with my left foot whilst it was trying to get itself up off the ground and than I brought the arrow down just behind the tip of my toe into it's neck. Purple blood shoots out of the rats neck dirtying the The rat continues wriggling around trying to escape so I begin sawing away it's neck than my left leg goes dead and the rat escapes. The patches of purple blood that landed on my body are now fading away though the ones on the floor remain. The rat proceeds to run away and escape.

The firey feeling diminishes as I go further and further along the wooden floor. I soon come upon 3 large rats sitting still I ready my bolts the first a blunt one and the other 2 sharp and load the crossbow with the first. I fire off the first shot smashing into the rats face and crushes it crumpling it to the floor I quickly reload with the sharp bolt and fire the second through the back of the neck of the second rat and then I rush to reload the third. The final rat notices me and dashes off towards the shadows but I fire the shot smashing through it's body from end to end. I quickly go and collect my bolts from the floor and proceed to attach the 3 rats to my belt. I turn around and begin to head out of the cave.

I arrive back at where I hurt the rat the firey sensation now back in full force and increasing I ready myself by pulling out one of the bolts as I slowly inch around the corner and spy with my left eye the large purple rat. This action sends a massive bolt of pain lancing from my eye into my brain. To counteract this my body moves out into the tunnel where the still bleeding rat proceeds to launch itself at me. I fall on the floor and the rat lands on top of me it's head just above my mouth it's neck wood slowly dribbling it's blood near my mouth a drop touches my lip and seems to just expand from it. I smash the side of my fist into it's head the arrow head penetrates into it's neck and than the fist smacks into it sending the rat flying. I slowly get up and walk towards the corpse where I proceed to stomp on the thing with my left leg which than goes limp. The blood splatters all over my body and most of it than proceeds to burst in a miniature explosion which sends me stumbling to the floor and knocks me out.

I wae up naked again, the white suit cleaned over on the floor beside me I quickly put it on again whilst carefully looking it over. Nothing seems to have changed to it just the tail of the purple rat has been added along with some of it's corpse still there. Time for me to leave and report back to the guild.
The sewers have a part that is collapsing, there is not all that many traces of rats that can be found in the sewers. There was also a rat that was mutated from being a normal giant rat to a larger and purple coloured Mega rat.

Last edited:

Quaesitor

QUEST REPORT: Appraised
> > >
Infiltrating the Criminal Network
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Prerequisite: Missing Children
  • Infiltrate a criminal network while undercover.
  • Gather intelligence about criminal activities.
Networks of criminals, thieves, and street gangs are known to operate in Scribel.
In order to stay one step ahead of crime, we need to know what they're planning.
Please infiltrate a criminal organization. Do not get caught. Rewards:
> > >
PoV - Canis

The sound of a bell ringing through the halls wakes me up. Itching for some action, I jump out of my bed, almost landing on a fellow gang member, and dash out of the room while putting on my clothes. Bursting into the assembly hall, I see the masked dude that knocked me out yesterday. From what I've heard yesterday, he seems to be the right hand of the boss. Wants to be called captain or some stuff.

"Hey, Cap'!" I greet him. "Wanna go at it again?"

"...how are you already recovered?"

"Well, I got a healthy liver!"

The captain holds his head as if he is in pain and mutters something I can barely understand: "I didn't mean the alcohol, you... why did I agree to take this idiot in?"

"What was that, Cap'?"

"Nothing..."

The rest of the gang in this hideout slowly assembles, still hungover from the night before. Once everyone is there, the captain starts: "Listen up, gang! Those Mariani bastards are preparing to mess with the 3rd merchant street, which is under our protection. I want you to get there, mess the Mariani up, and make sure the stores don't get the slightest amount of damage. Got that?"

"Yes, Captain!" - "Yes, Cap'!"

"And you, newbie." He throws me some piece of clothing. I snatch it out of the air and look at it. "Ooh~ nice!" It's the official Crimson Coin glove. Without another word from the captain I put it on - it fits perfectly.

"Now get going!" He barks at me as I give him a mock salute before I notice that the rest of the gang is long gone.

"Bloody hell, wait for me!"

A few minutes later, I am on the 3rd Merchant Street with the rest of the gang, impatiently walking up and down the nearby alleys. That's it! I can't wait any longer.

"I'll climb up and check if I can see them!" I shout to a nearby gang member as I am already climbing up the balustrade.

"Are you mad!?"

"Of course!"

Before I reach the roof I take a look around and already spot some people sneaking about. I signal the worried gang member the number of people I see and where they are before pulling myself up on the roof and dashing over the tiles towards them. It doesn't take long till I have reached the Mariani goons and, upon hearing the battle cries of the Crimson Coin, jump down from the roof onto my first victim, the force of my descent throwing him down as we roll over the floor, with me ending up on top of him. Before he can finish his "What!?" I already am pummeling his face with my brass knuckles, quickly knocking him unconscious. As I keep pummeling away happily, I get kicked off him.

I turn towards the attacker - "Oi, who's tryin' to pick a fight with me?" - only to have an iron pipe smash into my face.

"Gah!" I lick up the blood from my split lip before breaking into a grin. That's just how I like it. While getting up from the ground I throw some dirt at the attacker's face before smashing my right fist into his face while he kicks me into the chest, and both of us tumble away from each other. He readies his pipe for a downward strike - and I charge at him.

As he brings it down I leap forward, the pipe dully impacting my back as I knock him over. As we land on the ground I am already punching his head him with my brass knuckles, and strike his arm with the iron pipe out of the way with an elbow before smashing his head into the ground with a furious blow.

Upon seeing that he has stopped moving I wipe some blood off my chin, get up and kick his head for good measure before heading to the nearby sounds of battle.

The battle's over, and I am in the hideout, getting scolded by the captain for not working together with the others.

"But I took down 4 of 'em!"

"You almost died!"

I look down at my body, covered in bandages and with supports for my broken bones before looking up again.

"No Cap', I'm fine."

"Fine my ass! If I see you outside of your bed before you are recovered, I'll make sure you aren't fine!"

"Nice! Cap, you wanna fight?"

"Just shut it and take a rest!"

The next morning, I'm already mostly recovered. I wouldn't say that I jumped down from my bed again, but I did. In the assembly hall, I cheerfully greet the captain.

"Sup' Cap?"

He stops upon seeing me before shaking his head. "I'm not even surprised anymore..."

Once the rest of the gang is there, he makes another announcement.

"You guys did a good job yesterday. The manpower of the Mariani is temporarily reduced, so we are planning to raid their hideout tomorrow to kidnap their boss and put an end to this conflict. Any questions?"

I raise my hand, which the captain doesn't seem to notice for a good while. Then, finally, he sighs. "Yes, Canis?"

"Why put an end to this conflict? I like fighting."

"We need to expand and create a stable base so that the guild can't just flush us out."

"Oh. How is that connected?"

"Moving on, any other questions? No? Good. Make sure to be prepared for tomorrow."

This is Exal. I have continued my infiltration of the Crimson Coin. They seem to be in conflict with the Mariani, and are planning to raid the Mariani hideout to end the conflict tomorrow. As I have yet to see the rumored left hand of the boss and the boss himself, I suspect that the Crimson Coin has multiple hideouts. Should I continue my infiltration?

You can hide the response and reward in the third dump from the north in the Saint's Street in the slums. The profile of my new personality is added to this letter.

If I do not receive any instructions, I will continue the infiltration and further reports will follow.

Character Sheet - Canis
GenderMaleRaceHumanLevel3 (895 EXP)
Age19ClassMad DogMoney80G
Appearance
Personality
The personality of Canis can essentially be summed up in 2 words - aggressive and merciless. He tends to solve things through violence.
Backstory
Canis used to live in a world which essentially was a single planet, completely covered by a single city. Shunned by his peers due to his violent nature, he had no choice but to turn to crime. Alas, the gang he joined was on the losing side of a conflict. When all hope was lost, he fled through a portal and arrived in this brave new world.

However, these memories are completely fake, as Canis is a fake personality constructed by Exal to infiltrate a criminal network.
InventorySkills
ItemDescription
Brass KnucklesA simple pair of bloody brass knuckles
Lavish ClothesA set of lavish-looking clothes
Crimson Coin GloveA glove with the symbol of the Crimson Coin
SkillDescription
Dog FightCanis excels in extremely close range combat, always finding a way to attack no matter how entangled with the opponent
Fueled by MadnessInstead of shying away from pain, Canis seems to revel in the feeling and the more he gets hit, the more viciously he fights back

Last edited:

Euphoria723

Slime Subjugation [Evaluated]
Objectives:
  • Exterminate slimes in Scribel City.
  • Collect 10 slime cores.
Slimes are a pest in Scribel City, and they end up in all sorts of weird places.
While they aren’t too dangerous, they can slowly erode and damage structures over time.
They also spread diseases if they get into the sewers and pick up icky stuff.
Slimes are bad! Eliminating them is a public health campaign!
Rewards:

After turning the healing herb which he mistakenly forgot 2 more, Vesper went over to the quest board and took the slime subjugation quest. He took out his frost bow and left the building.

Vesper patrolled the city starting with the area closest to the guild. He found 2 slimes near a sewer and readied his bow. A single ice arrow appeared and he aimed it at one of the slimes after a moment of concentration, going for it's core. The arrow hit and the slime burst into a mess of slimes.

The other slime senses damage and quick distanced itself. Seeing that it was about to escape, Vesper readied another arrow and shot it as the slime. It hits the slime and the slime burst like his companion. Vesper went over to pick up the 2 cores and cleaned up the slimey mess with water from his spatial ring. (He used some of his drinking water) Then his put the 2 slime cores into a small pouch and continued on.

Vesper headed to the nearby Market Square and inspect the place. He only found 1 slime which he took care of quickly. Next, he patrolled the house districts and found 2 slimes near the entrance at a wet puddle. Vesper took care of them by taking out Qi Ming since they were only a few inches away. He took their cores and put them in the pouch.

He walk into the neighborhood after cleaning up the slime mess, his eyes looking for slimes. Vesper found 2 near a drain pipe and 3 slimes by a sewer near the side walks.

Vesper readied his bow and aimed at the 2 slimes near drain pipe as 2 ice arrow manifest. One arrow hit and another got away. He quickly aimed another arrow at the escaping smile and this time it hit.

He turned his head towards the sewer and saw the 3 slimes attempting to escape. Vesper readied 3 arrows and shoot. Since they already got quite a distance, only 1 slime got hit. Vesper reacted quickly and aimed 2 more arrows. They hit the escaping slimes and the slime burst into a slimey mess.

Vesper retrieve the 5 smile core and cleaned up the mess. By the time it's all finished and he got the 10 slime cores, it's late afternoon. Vesper got on Qi Ming and speed towards the guild building with his harvest.

GenderMaleRaceLuanLevel2 [300/600]
Age19ClassIce ElementalistMoney506 Gold
Appearance

Personality
Backstory

Skills
SkillDescription

Last edited:

Euka

Quest - Evaluated

With my encounter with Iris in the forest before, I forgot to pick up the wood I was gathering when running away from the goblin. Well what's done is done so I decided to take a job on the way.

> > >
Woodcutter in the Forest
  • Required Level: 2
Objectives:
  • Go to the North Scribel Forest.
  • Collect a cart full of firewood.
  • Note: There is a penalty for losing/breaking the cart.
Are you afraid of the forest? Monsters and goblins lurk in its depths.
Yet the city runs on firewood, and somebody needs to go chop trees.
Are you courageous enough to risk the dangers?
Rewards:
> > >

Taking the job, it should be simple enough with the stone axe I have. Do I still need equipment just incase? Nah, it should be fine this time around. I took the cart that was nearby the guild and head off to northern forest. Iris was quietly following me like it's a natural thing. She was quiet the whole time, until now she still has that deadpan look.

We arrived at the edge of the northern forest and looking at the size of the trees, I can pretty much guess we only need to cut down two trees to fill the cart.

"Ok Iris, don't go into the forest. Stay near me."

After saying as such, she only stares at me with a dead look then goes and sits near the cart. Satisfied, I approach one tree and start chopping away. With my abnormal strength, it's easy to fell down a tree but the process into small firewood takes still takes quite an amount of time. I trim down all the branches around the log then proceed to chop it into smaller pieces. With one tree down, I repeat the process to the second one and make quick work of it.

Now that the second log is done, I start loading the cart only to find Iris gone. Where is she?! I face all directions but she is nowhere to be found. What am I gonna do?! Don't tell me she got dragged off by a monster while I was working. No, she should've screamed then right? but, she barely says anything at all though..... While trying rack my brain on what to do, a rustling sound was coming from the forest. I readied myself when I saw what came out behind the tree. It was Iris, noticeably she was carrying a green plant in one of her hand.

Sigh.... This girl is gonna give a heart attack. That's a cruel joke dying from heart attack at a young age. Feeling relieved, I walked towards Iris.

"Hey, where were you? I was worried that you disappeared."

As if my worry was nothing to her, her expressionless state was unchanging.

"Plant.... weird blue..."

She showed me the plant in her hand, it was one of the green grass plants in the forest. I didn't know what she was saying about he plant being blue, it's still the same green plant no matter how many times I see it.

"Iris, when you're gonna go somewhere away from me, tell me first ok? I don't wanna get worried about you again. Come on, help me load the cart. We're gonna go back now."

We both load the cart filled with firewood along plenty of spares for a job I'm gonna take in the future. While pulling the cart back to city, it bothered me what Iris meant about the plant being blue. Then I remembered something about healing grass, it was said that it may look like a normal green grass but it can be differed by sensing the mana it's giving off. Does that mean she can sense mana?

We finally arrived at the guild and parked the cart near the guild then filed the report. Peeking my curiosity, I loaded all of the excess firewood I have in my room then decided to take that job.

Greetings to you Guild

The proclamation of firewood has been upheld. Two logs worth of fire, chopped into carriable size, has filled the cart. I hope this amount will sustain the city for a fair amount of time.

At service to you, Lancer Reival and Lady Iris

Evaluation Report

Last edited: