Discarded story ideas

Pixytokisaki14

Suffering in Final period
Look, we've all been there, you come up with something that sounds good on paper but on second thought was a terrible idea. This one is with regards to specific story ideas. What stories did you come up that sounds good on paper, but later got discarded because you realize its a terrible idea?

Mine was a fanfic of Highschool DxD, adding a self insert character, but after a hard thinking, yeah it's cringe and I immediately thought better of it and deleted it from my brain banks.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Look, we've all been there, you come up with something that sounds good on paper but on second thought was a terrible idea. This one is with regards to specific story ideas. What stories did you come up that sounds good on paper, but later got discarded because you realize its a terrible idea?

Mine was a fanfic of Highschool DxD, adding a self insert character, but after a hard thinking, yeah it's cringe and I immediately thought better of it and deleted it from my brain banks.
I started writing a harem GL with a slutty lead who was a kitsune. I don't even like harem, so I dropped after writing like 9 chapters.

doravg

137/4001 (finally counted the stories)

I wrote about a were Shih Tzu this month. Did it make sense? No. Still, I finished it. It even saw the light of day, got posted.

That should tell you how stubborn I am.

MasFaqih

Normal White Cat | Fluffy | Can bite really hard
I started writing a harem GL with a slutty lead who was a kitsune. I don't even like harem, so I dropped after writing like 9 chapters.
Huh neat, there is a time when you are normal too huh.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
I planned to write a whole multi-work franchise including multiple layer worlds to each world, but then I remembered I'm a lazy-ass and discarded the whole thing. Now it's just a few elements I like and most likely will put into most of whatever (ifever) I write so I can pull a "yes, the whole multi-dimensional coincidences were planned and are canon" if I ever write more than one story

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…

A lot.
A story about a god of contracts.
Essentially a dungeon core story.
A story about a guy who manages to achieve immortality by fusing with a golem.
A wilderness survival story.
A story about a guy’s soul being bound to a grimoire and being sent to a world that is a hollow sphere and they live on the inside.
A couple stories about a guy creating and developing a plane.
And probably a few more I have forgotten about.

Last edited:

Pixytokisaki14

Suffering in Final period
A lot.
A story about a god of contracts.
Essentially a dungeon core story.
A story about a guy who manages to achieve immortality by fusing with a golem.
A wilderness survival story.
A story about a guy’s soul being bound to a grimoire and being sent to a world that is a hollow spree and they live on the inside.
A couple stories about a guy creating and developing a plane.
And probably a few more I have forgotten about.
That second to last one really sounds cool, as a plane nerd myself. Especially if its Isekai.

HuaiChi

My longest discarded one is with 37 chapers of isekai. Still my favourite

DanielPotter

A self-insert in Game of Thrones who had devil fruit powers of Trafalgar D. Law. It was an idea that was inspired by The Accidental Liberator

Tempokai

Overworked One
Engineer gets isekai’d, fights monsters goes to demon realm with others heroes after opening a portal, sees them countless and then creates ultimate tower defence while protecting the only portal where the creatures come from. He gets stuck for years in there, almost enjoying himself (think of it as firewatch job but with turrets and walls while farming like a martian), and accidentally obliterates the entire realm (countless experience points from the demons equals more autonomous robot army equals death to demons), and seeing no purpose staying there he finally leaves the realm back to that isekai world. That's where the real story begins and it is scrapped immediately because i had no idea what challenges to make for the MC.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Engineer gets isekai’d, fights monsters goes to demon realm with others heroes after opening a portal, sees them countless and then creates ultimate tower defence while protecting the only portal where the creatures come from. He gets stuck for years in there, almost enjoying himself (think of it as firewatch job but with turrets and walls while farming like a martian), and accidentally obliterates the entire realm (countless experience points from the demons equals more autonomous robot army equals death to demons), and seeing no purpose staying there he finally leaves the realm back to that isekai world. That's where the real story begins and it is scrapped immediately because i had no idea what challenges to make for the MC.
That actually sounds kinda cool