Difficulty of soulslike games.

Corty

On Vacation, on Uranus
I'd also like to add that the new ER DLC, items, and weapons are not what I also liked in earlier titles, even if I never finished them besides ER.

I liked the fact that the weapons were realistic, the movesets were realistic or at least realism-adjacent.

Now, most of the weapons are flashy, neo-anime-like nonsense; everything glows, bazillion effects are thrown everywhere on the screen, and it's the wet dream of an Adderall addict kid. I miss the simple, weapon weapons, without firework.png added to their movesets.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I can solo Malenia. That doesn't excuse the fact that something is bad. And the DLC is bad. There is a fine balance, and they overcorrected it because Swamplover doesn't want the player base to go in with lvl300 characters and steamroll it. So what if they want to do it? The new leveling system in the DLC? Shit. Go make Sekiro 2, then.

ER was the first souls-like game that totally vibed with me, and I went ahead, collecting all items, all gear, and finding all the bosses. But right now, the DLC is a disappointment, and I won't touch it until multiple patches are added to it.

There is fun, and there is "git gud" trolling. This is the latter.
Well, I didn't mean for it to be trolling. I understand if just fighting bosses isn't fun for you. If you ever try the DLC again, you should take my advice tho. It'll make some bosses a lot easier (and a lot more fun) once you get the hang of it.

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.
I discredit it because I hate the trend of 'patience' in gaming.
Also dislike the people saying it's a 'sense of accomplishment' because it's promoting more games like that. Granted, people should vote with their wallets, but if this opinion changes people's minds and makes From Software make more games like Sekiro then mission accomplished.

There are not many good games made nowadays that I really enjoy.
Yeah it really depends If it fits your "tempo". Either it suits you or not at all.
The accomplishment stuff sounds obnoxious though.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
You know though, I think the argument about difficulty is stupid, what's more important is whether people enjoy the game. Difficulty is also based on what games a person is used to playing. If you're used to playing souls like games, or have a lot of patience, that difficulty would be less than if you were to play X-com on iron man mode (that stumped me for weeks).

I don't think challenge and difficulty is a 1 way road. All sorts of things can be difficult in different ways.

Some people will find DS1 more difficult, some people would find CSGO against global elites more difficult, others will find ER more difficult.
Someone used to playing FPS will not find Doom Eternal's hardest difficulty challenging, but someone who only plays souls likes would probably have a hard time.

I believe I was wrong in my argument about difficulty initially.
Difficulty is subjective.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I don't think challenge and difficulty is a 1 way road. All sorts of things can be difficult in different ways.

Some people will find DS1 more difficult, some people would find CSGO against global elites more difficult, others will find ER more difficult.
Someone used to playing FPS will not find Doom Eternal's hardest difficulty challenging, but someone who only plays souls likes would probably have a hard time.

I believe I was wrong in my argument about difficulty initially.
Difficulty is subjective.
only vampies are eternal

Poleg

That is what fucked ER DLC

Every boss is from Sekiro but the PC is from DS3.

Good luck with that. They overshot the goal line by a fucking mile.
Have not played the dlc myself yet, but the fact that midir reskin and the "final boss" appeared was the biggest turn off ever.
Really a bummer, since the Lion boss Looks very cool.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Have not played the dlc myself yet, but the fact that midir reskin and the "final boss" appeared was the biggest turn off ever.
Really a bummer, since the Lion boss Looks very cool.
uh, Bayle is not Midir reskin. They have the same extra head damage, sure, but the moveset can't be more different. I hated fighting that thing but it's definitely not a Midir reskin.
I'm still not sure how I feel about the "Final boss" tho.

Poleg

No, they're not.
Indie devs are starting to make garbage too now. -_- They all try to follow the trends instead of trying to make somehting I would enjoy.

Well, I hope Capcom makes another DMC game soon.

:blob_catflip:

You're the 60 year old!
People are really pretending that like 80% of Indie games/ all Games weren't shit?
Like let's be honest. Only the best ones are really remembered and like any other medium they are at most 20%.

Corty

On Vacation, on Uranus
Well, I didn't mean for it to be trolling. I understand if just fighting bosses isn't fun for you. If you ever try the DLC again, you should take my advice tho. It'll make some bosses a lot easier (and a lot more fun) once you get the hang of it.
It is the game that trolls the users, and the mindset that people have is that the game must be like putting your peepee into a fire ant's nest every time it is wrong.

Could I beat it? Yeah. If I give it enough time. Do I want to do that? No. Because the devs don't respect my time. Margit was a fucking menace but it was still fair. The DLC bosses don't give the same feeling.

Also, here are some ER DLC memes to further bash it a little:

If you know, you know. It was a fucking weird choice for sure... but it fits the incest family, so I am only 50% disgusted by it.

CROSSBOW GOES BRRRRRRRR

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
Miquelester the Freaky
If you know, you know. It was a fucking weird choice for sure... but it fits the incest family, so I am only 50% disgusted by it.
George Martin was involved in the original lore. I kinda expected it... but I didn't expect the big M to actually go along with it. (but he's from Japan so what can I say)

SailusGebel

It was dark souls 1. I'm getting pretty confused here. What was your point to begin with?
My point is, the difficulty of soulslike shouldn't be bosses. It shouls be a symbioze of the world and bosses, just like how it was in Demon Souls, and to a lesser extent DS1. Unfortunately for me, they picked the route of making bosses harder instead of developing everything equally. Also older bosses were more of a puzzle. They didn't have to be difficult back in the day not because From couldn't make the difficult, but because the path to them was a crucial part of their difficulty. You can see that they were able to make hard bosses even back then, but chose not to.

Corty

On Vacation, on Uranus
Miquelester the Freaky

George Martin was involved in the original lore. I kinda expected it... but I didn't expect the big M to actually go along with it. (but he's from Japan so what can I say)
MiyaMiya has been a femboi enjoyer, just look at his previous self-inserts as beautiful traps.

Poleg

uh, Bayle is not Midir reskin. They have the same extra head damage, sure, but the moveset can't be more different. I hated fighting that thing but it's definitely not a Midir reskin.
I'm still not sure how I feel about the "Final boss" tho.
I am pretty sure they weren't that lazy to just reuse him ala Omenslayer/capra demon, but it feels like they were "heavily inspired" by Midir.
I mean I know Boss design is hard, but I would have prefered to have something different and I really liked Midir.

The final Boss should have been godefroy the grafted, just to see the entire souls community mind broken.
Jokes aside, it should have been godwyn.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I am pretty sure they weren't that lazy to just reuse him ala Omenslayer/capra demon, but it feels like they were "heavily inspired" by Midir.
I mean I know Boss design is hard, but I would have prefered to have something different and I really liked Midir.

The final Boss should have been godefroy the grafted, just to see the entire souls community mind broken.
Gotta disagree there with Midir/Bayle, but I agree on the "Final boss." It's very "heavily inspired" by the twin princes and also a bit bullshit to fight. Godwyn would've been cool. (even Messmer would've been a fine final DLC boss)

Corty

On Vacation, on Uranus

They should have given us one or multiple new ending options. That is what made me not even want to bother with it.

It is so fucking disheartening that you slog through the DLC, and then the game ends the same way as if nothing happened.

Yet, here I am, waiting for September so the Baldur's Gate 3 guys give us an extended evil ending. For free. Just because. Shame on you, From Soft.

Poleg

Miquelester the Freaky

I remember people posting stuff like
> I found the part that Martin wrote!!!1!!
> It's really weird stuff like the lore where the prostitutes has sex with monsters and patches saying "by marikas tits!".
MiyaMiya has been a femboi enjoyer, just look at his previous self-inserts as beautiful traps.

Ahh thePruld, good old times.