Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Actually, thinking about this more, I think the easiest rule is that:

Character + Equipment = Rank

Meaning that a character plus their equipment shouldn't exceed the approximate limits for their ranks. Artifacts should be counted along with equipment. This basically means that a Rank D character should never be picking up a hydra-slaying artifact.

If you want your character to use a artifact as a primary weapon, keep them "underleveled" (weaker than average for their level) until they pick up the artifact/item that they'll be using as their primary weapon for now on. Alternatively, coordinate equipment changes with level ups or rank ups.

Bochi

Actually, thinking about this more, I think the easiest rule is that:

Character + Equipment = Rank

Meaning that a character plus their equipment shouldn't exceed the approximate limits for their ranks. Artifacts should be counted along with equipment. This basically means that a Rank D character should never be picking up a hydra-slaying artifact.

If you want your character to use a artifact as a primary weapon, keep them "underleveled" (weaker than average for their level) until they pick up the artifact/item that they'll be using as their primary weapon for now on. Alternatively, coordinate equipment changes with level ups or rank ups.
Petition to add SS and SSS ranks! Then push S to level 60!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
The town was unusually quiet. With the streets around him empty and lacking any sounds aside from the occasional whimpering that could be heard from some of the houses.

Cassel had a bitter smile in his face as he walked down the streets. With the sounds of his footsteps slowly fading away into the night.

In front of the sewers, he lifted a small bag and shook it. With the sounds of flowing water getting interrupted by the sound of something jumping out of them. Cassel saw a familiar figure pop up.

Looking at the slime in front of him with a small smile. He gestured them towards a wall to get away from the sewers smell.

Looking into the bag, he found all sorts of things: skewers, flasks, and a couple biscuits. Damn Pierre was always adding more than needed. Smiling, he pulled a skewer and tossed it to the slime. Hearing a muffled snap, he watched as it munched on the skewer happily.

Opening one of the flasks the sickly scent of alcohol pooled out. Taking a sip, the bitterness of the drink made him wince a bit before swallowing. Honestly he wasn’t one for bitter drinks but since it could take his mind off things he didn’t mind.

Seeing the slime perk up curiously at the new sight. He laughed as it winced at the bitter favors. Shying away from him everytime he lifted the drink in it’s direction.

Chuckling, he watched it calmed down as another skewer entered it’s mouth. As it did so, he explained his days as guild master, the lectures he had gotten, and the trouble he had gotten in before this.

The training he had with the guards, the teasing of the bartenders, the sounds of the city, and everything else he could think of.

As he ran out of things to say. His voice slowly became softer and softer. Until only the sounds of water and chewing remained.

With an odd feeling of unease beating in his chest, he whispered, “You know, little one I think this might be the last time I’ll see you.”

Feeling the slime try to shove its body towards him. He pushed it away, and shook his head. And, explained “I’m not a good friend to have, Little slime, I’m greedy, impulsive, and naive. Because of this all 15 of my friends in my old world have died.”

“Did you know? Those idiots all died with smiles on their face. Do they not think that I would know? Did they think that would comfort me? Freaken idiots you should’ve worried for yourselves first. Honestly...”

Seeing the slime stare with blank eyes at his silence. He let out some bitter laughter, “You know in this world I only had two friends. A person who used to come from a world with thousands of slimes just like you and another person who was a noble of descent who has braved a thousands battles.”

“The first friend I made in this world I threw down a path of misfortune. Did you know that I’m the cause? I left them in their time of need. I left them laying there in the cold ground while I slept in a warm bed. All so I could get a little stronger.”

Crackling madly he laughed “And, you know what’s the worse part? It was all because I was scared of walking with them. A walk! You know how many people are scared of walking. No one else but me! Over a year of training all for a walk!”

“All because of that I pushed them away, I watched as they fell onto the ground, and because of my cowardice I stabbed them in the back.”

“Did you know? That they had asked once if it was a curse? That maybe it was bad luck? I should’ve told them yes. Anything if it stopped what would happen in the future. Maybe it wouldn’t have ended like this if I was only a little less greedy. A little more brave. I would’ve never been friends with them. And, they would be living a happy life.”

“Funny enough, I think they might’ve been right. I might’ve as well be cursed with my record.”

Burying his chin between his knees and staring blankly at the slime he whispered, “I’m scared. I’m scared of the curse being true. I scared of my teacher suffering because of me. I scared that it might be the thing that does her in. I don’t know what I would do if that happens.”

“Right now I just want to close my eyes a little. Forget the things my friends wanted me to hold onto, forget my friends, forget everything. I just want to be away from it all.”

Sinking lower into his knees, he said, “Honestly I don’t why I was chosen as the temporary guild master. Was it all some sick joke, a kind of punishment, or something else? You never know with the guild master not even the ones next to him knows.”

“I miss the simpler times, the times where I could fall on my face and get up with a smile. The times where the only thing I had to worry about was my swordsmanship or my petty jealousy toward my friends goals.”

“I eventually destroy everything I love so before that happens to you…”

Looking at the slime silently looking back at him. He turned away and quietly said “..let's stop meeting okay?”
:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:

Vanus

Uhhh did people have a specific opinion about this?
Only non-personal NPC's in the thread so only ones that anyone can use! *Needs to add my criminal NPC's*
(Talking fruit!)
Funnily enough the first ever magical and mythical race I made up was vegetable men!
On another note, I think I would also like to see more regions that don't follow the battle formula too.

I.E. Mobs of X is attacking Z, so war!!!!!!!

:blob_happy: There are a lot of ways to build quest boards that aren't necessarily military/war based.

Like here's an example:

The patron river god of the village Z is angry and demands a new sacrifice every week. Generic NPCs are regularly tossed into the lake, which leads to an underwater dungeon of many mysterious things. The Quest Board consists of a long quest chain (as well as slice-of-life things to do around the village) centered around rescuing a Generic NPC, angering the River God, and then finally appeasing the River God.​
Time to add the Nekeharans to the world in their giant pyramids! The quests revolve around finding weird magical spells to help the mortuary cult develop a spell of immortality!

Alma

As much as I love seeing a Madoka character here, she is too OP for the game I think... She needs some nerfing.

Too late for regrets~ *giggles*

:blob_aww: :blob_aww::blob_aww:
Hmm? Is there actually more than the gamer character? I admit, I intended her for her storage function only. For her in new world without the source of grief seeds, she would be close to witching out if she continue to use her time stop. Not to mention time rewind cannot be explained except that she died (because she rewinded to the moment she made wish, she returned back to her world).

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Hmm? Is there actually more than the gamer character? I admit, I intended her for her storage function only. For her in new world without the source of grief seeds, she would be close to witching out if she continue to use her time stop. Not to mention time rewind cannot be explained except that she died (because she rewinded to the moment she made wish, she returned back to her world).
Time and space magic isn't allowed, though, since it's considered too OP for the game setting.
'-'

X

Bochi

Will Death Do Us Part? [Closed]

A maiden sat in the infinite void, looking at the imaginary scene in front of her. The darkness fused and formed into countless, pitch-black feathers, falling from the ceilingless sky. The sound of the black ocean wave echoed as the gentle raindrops tapped the black soil.

On her kneel, the maiden held a golden cage, looking at the dazzling glow inside it. Her face, revealed no expression, continued to caress the cage. Gradually, around her, golden flowers began to blossom from the darkness, atop the black ocean, above the sky, and everywhere. Their fragrance diffused into the infinite plane, revealing faint, glowing threads that connected all of them together.

The wind blew, and the maiden's pale, snowy dress danced with its rhythm. The threads fluttered, moving in a strange motion, as if someone was using it to puppet something. Most of the threads would merge, until there were very few of them, numbered less than ten. The last few threads would glow brighter than other, and their end was tied with the golden cage, giving the glow inside of it companied.

"Death of Memory, why have you not taken my memory yet?" After an eternity of resting, Luna finally asked the infinite darkness before her. Her voice echoed endlessly, and it seemed like there was no one inside the void. Only the lonely maiden remained.

"Miss, it was you who had never given up, and with my authority, how could I force you?" A distorted noise resounded, coming from all direction. Brother Deaths had spoken, all three of them at the same time. In their speech, they remained respectful, and dared not do anything.

"Then, why did not kidnap me?" Once again, Luna kissed the cage, and multi-coloured sparks manifested, dancing around her to keep her companied.

"To save you from those mortals, Miss. It was impossible for us to interfere without giving away your position, so we have to play by the rules." Death of Memory spoke, and the two Deaths followed with an agreement.

"... Then, who am I?" The true question that plagued Luna's mind for a long time finally came out. The darkness stopped its motion, and time froze its flow. Everything waited quietly for the answer.

"Miss, we cannot answer such a question... Who you are, are who you are... Please understand, that Miss is powerful, and anything that involved Miss, if not handled delicately, would disappear like a flickering candle of Life... We are of no exception... No one is..." After that, Deaths remained silent, not willing to answer such a disastrous question.

"Nevermind then... I'll remain here, for all eternity... Until my soul turned white... It is my punishment, huh?" Luna's eyes turned cloudy as she submerged inside her memory, and in there, she slowly merged with the strange light that the book from Letianna had sent into her.

"Don't worry, Miss... He will come here, and we'll wait for his arrival..." The three Deaths spoke at the same time, and finally, space regained their movement, and time continued its flow.

OOC: Some more mysteries and a trace of hope! Isn't this heart-warming and poetic? :blob_hug:
It reminds me much of FGO's Ereshkigal, and her ending is...well, you'll see. :blob_popcorn: