Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Alrighty, update on Lizardmen Region

First, I've done a review of all posts that make a reference to the southern swamp / marshes / lakes / lizards.

There's been tons of stuff mentioned, including:
  • In general, this biome is a waterfall / lake / swamp / marsh / floodplain / wetland (a ridiculous ton of stuff)
  • Lots of oversized creatures (dangerous)
    • Giant Dragon-like Alligators
    • Giant Dragonflies
    • Giant Serpent
    • Giant Crocodiles
    • Giant Mantis
    • Giant Lizard Mounts
    • Giant Worm-like creature
  • There's also been other things
    • Swamp slimes or strangely-shaped slimes
    • Carnivorous vine plants (camoflodged)
    • Dangerous birds
  • There's been things mentioned about lizards
    • Human-eating lizards
    • Lizards who hunt fish
    • Lizards who are good at killing slimes using a soap substance called Burza
  • There's a human outpost that Felicia was stationed at
  • There's been mention of ravines, cliffs, sinking sand, sulfur-smelling pits...
In either case, there's an enormous amount of content available for subjugation quests, which can run in parallel with a greater plot of Western Lizards vs. Anti-Human Lizards.

I've used my creative interpretation to synthesize as much as possible to put together a map:

The general takeaways here are as follows:
  • Dozens of lizard tribes, not named - a handful of famous ones marked.
  • The western faction of tribes (Searocks + Salt Marshes + Southern Marshes) is the Sea Lizard Council, which is pro-human (and pro-trade) and allied with Scribel City. They are also the seat of the Lizardmen Adventurer's Guild. They have one main fortress called Albatross on the lake, which serves as the place where the council meets -- and also as a place where the allied tribes can take refuge in.
  • The eastern faction of tribes in the Swamplands are generally anti-human and more militaristic. They have several fortresses hidden in the swamps, which are both difficult to find and difficult to attack.
  • The Greater Marshlands and the Yellow Tree Wildlands are intended to be mostly wilderness. This is where all the giant oversized beasts will probably be placed (although the Swamplands will probably also get oversized beasts).
Planning a Rank E exam for this region (not rank D).

Level range will probably span level 3 - Level 10 ish

The quest board will be organized by location rather than by levels.

Content will involve lizard-lizard warfare in various different settings (lake battle :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: ), infiltration, espionage, among other things.

I am currently thinking that the villages will not all be ubiquitous. For example, there will be some Western Villages who are anti-human (secretly), and some Eastern Villages who are pro-human (secretly). There will be political plots about attempting to elevate the standing of those tribes higher on their respective councils so they have more power. Basically, backstabby diplomacy stuff.

As for the purpose of the factional war. Nominally, it's about trade with humans -- but frankly the true motives are that both factions are greedy, and the human issue is sort of a spark that lit the fire. They wish to conquer the entire lizardlands and unite it under a single flag so that the lizard lands can be great and powerful empire. :blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint::blob_paint:

Also would like to have something like a Lizard Olympics, just for the heck of it. Clearly, it should be called "Olyziard Competition".

Anyhow -- definitely hoping to solicit more content and ideas -- particularly players who visited the swamp in the past and would like to see something in the lizardland region! :blob_happy::blob_happy::blob_happy: Feed me more things that you want!
:blob_aww: :blob_aww::blob_aww:
Also, I wanna ask that does roleplay in Tavern got you EXP if exceeding 100 words count?
I don't think so, but I doubt anyone will mind if you add 15 xp everytime it does happen~

Siostar

Goblins according to library entry: Essentially stupid
Goblins in my quest: Pincer people, work well together, try to protect each other and try to use their numerical advantage well whilst avoiding unsafe attacks
'-'
Don't forget Gobo, @InsertName's BigGreen's familiar.
'-'

X
you should make more categories for goblins then!