Writing Prompt Looking for interesting Isekai idea to write

LuceLucky

So I'm in the mood to write some Isekai goodness and am open to ideas.

I'm leaning towards:
  • Female protagonist
  • Kinda steamy
  • Unique twist of trope(s)
  • Some examples: (Villainess) (Mother of villain) (escaping noble life) etc just go ham
So if you have any ideas containing those feel free to post them here (or private message me idc). Who knows? Someone (me?) might actually write the story you want to read.

Disclaimer: any ideas you post here are up for adoption!

Vhail

The mother of twin sisters that are leaders of to enemy sects/guilds, she can't choose a daughter to support because it would be deny the other

Nixil

Reincarnated as a villainess of a otome game, but the heroine has disappeared and now with no one to defeat (seduce) the demon king, I have been sent as a bed warmer; with nowhere to run I was resigned to my fate, but hold on a second the demon king isn't a man?

Why is it so hard to create unique plots...:sweating_profusely:

Last edited:

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
Write a story with the main character believing that violence is always the answer and that you just have to apply it the correct way. Essentially, no subterfuge. Everyone who tries to use subterfuge will end up being punched.
Another thing to keep in mind is that being violent doesn't mean you're stupid.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I reincarnated as a villianess who was disregard by my fiancee and decided to join the military, becoming a hero instead.

MC who was just reincarnated into the world, suddenly her engagement with the prince annulled. She decided to join the military and using her career as soldier in her past life. Earning every man's terror and becoming a hero to the kingdom, she comtinues to show bloodshed unto the battlefield.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
So I'm in the mood to write some Isekai goodness and am open to ideas.

I'm leaning towards:
  • Female protagonist
  • Kinda steamy
  • Unique twist of trope(s)
  • Some examples: (Villainess) (Mother of villain) (escaping noble life) etc just go ham
So if you have any ideas containing those feel free to post them here (or private message me idc). Who knows? Someone (me?) might actually write the story you want to read.

Disclaimer: any ideas you post here are up for adoption!
Reincarnated as the evil incestuous mother to the villain who taught him dark magic. The father is an emperor who kidnapped the heroine's pregnant mother to be a political hostage but was otherwise a good man. Villain fell for the heroine during her time growing up with him together and when the father sent the heroine and her mother back he later killed his father and and mother and took over the throne. By then his mother had already forced her incestuous feeling on him long since, even during the time the heroine was living with him

Now the twist: our MC reincarnated as the mother after she already fucked her son and the heroine is also reincarnated.

The next twist! At the same time the MC becomes the mother, the villain, her son...GETS HIS FUTURE MEMORIES BACK. Thats right. He is a "second chance" character who has died in the original storyline and has gone back to his younger self's days, learning from his past forcefulness and now trying to seduce the heroine before she meets the male lead. Or killing the male lead before they meet. Whichever

Obviously tho shit is different cuz of the mother being reincarnated, and the heroine. So you have the drama between him trying to forgive his mother and stuff

....this is a darn good idea. If you dont use it, i will.

Edit: also the Reincarnated heroine has a huge lady boner/crush on the smexy Emperor/villain's father. Least in my version she does!

Seriously i wanna use this idea if you dont.

I never learn, do i? Last time i told someone my ideas George made millions in the science fiction genre.

Ral

Ideas are a dime a dozen. The important question is, can you really write a great story?

FlyingPirateCat

Let me try too...

MC reincarnated as a twin sister of a prince in some isekai kingdom.

Utilizing her knowledge, she became a prodigy, both in swords and magic, causes the twin brother to have inferiority complex. The girl is also kind to him, at the same time cheerful, and popular with the servants, guards, etc. Causing revolutionary at food production (farming method), unique architecture building design, factory machination, etc.

But unexpectedly, her talents were ignored by the King, Queen, and their close attendant. They deliberate ignored the princess as if she doesn't exists and pampers the prince.

Somehow prince fall in love with his sister, since from his point of view, any girls he met were inferior than her. And then he conspired to rape her. After some moment, she is okay with it and accept the prince's love. Well, after that day, they did lots and lots of it, like rabbits in heat.

And then, the twist:
The prince actually didn't have any sister at all. The twin sister actually a figment, from a brain tumor in the prince's head. She generated a body unconsciously by using the prince's magical power. He actually have H-Scenes with his own brain tumor!
( If you didn't know what figment is, look at this link : https://vndb.org/i1894 )

And this is the reason why the King, Queen, and their close attendant was indifferent to her.
ezgif-1-9a33adf91bc6.gif
They obviously know the truth but decided to remain silent because...
zenon.png
dragon fountain.jpg
futuristic bracelet.jpg
Ten vs Three.png
ezgif-6-7d4261d89fc2.gif
Hey, she was nice to the prince, and the fact that there is no knowing what would happen to the prince if they kill her.

Lastly, the girl gives the prince a choice, remove the tumor and lost her, or keep the tumor but dies at 25 or less.

The plot revolved around multiple POV, but mainly it's the girl.

Last edited:

Ral

Let me try too...

MC reincarnated as a twin sister of a prince in some isekai kingdom.

Utilizing her knowledge, she became a prodigy, both in swords and magic, causes the twin brother to have inferiority complex. The girl is also kind to him, at the same time cheerful, and popular with the servants, guards, etc. Causing revolutionary at food production (farming method), unique architecture building design, factory machination, etc.

But unexpectedly, her talents were ignored by the King, Queen, and their close attendant. They deliberate ignored the princess as if she doesn't exists and pampers the prince.

Somehow prince fall in love with his sister, since from his point of view, any girls he met were inferior than her. And then he conspired to rape her. After some moment, she is okay with it and accept the prince's love. Well, after that day, they did lots and lots of it, like rabbits in heat.

And then, the twist:
The prince actually didn't have any sister at all. The twin sister actually a figment, from a brain tumor in the prince's head. She generated a body unconsciously by using the prince's magical power. He actually have H-Scenes with his own brain tumor!
( If you didn't know what figment is, look at this link : https://vndb.org/i1894 )

And this is the reason why the King, Queen, and their close attendant was indifferent to her. They obviously know the truth but decided to remain silent because... Hey, she was nice to the prince, and the fact that there is no knowing what would happen to the prince if they kill her.

The plot revolved around multiple POV, but mainly it's the girl.
It seems difficult to implement the twist. The twist would most likely be contrived. The fact that she is a figment should be obvious and, given your synopsis, a lots of people know this fact. This is made even more difficult with the multiple POV because some of those POV characters should have the knowledge of the fact. What make this twist a twist is because you are deliberately withholding information that should have been apparent early on. It is likely to end up unsatisfying.

FlyingPirateCat

No, the twist only revealed on a later chapter. (Don't reveal at the synopsis too).

The beginning is for "This girl is sugoi!", triumphed in swords / magic training, the prince's inferiority complex, kingdom development period (to avoid food shortening in winter / crisis economy / or many problems), Magic Academy period (prodigy / social relationship), etc.

The prince couldn't help but envying the girl, but at the same time she was very kind to her, as she was reincarnated person and developed maternal instinct to the boy. Both love and hate mixed in his mind.

The King, Queen, and others who knows the truth only displayed they ignored the girl while greatly hinting it because she is a girl, and the boy was the crown prince, actual heir.
onlinecharttool.png
While obviously they also left a little clue that she is not exists.

And then, after some years, the secret leaked out because of their incestuous relationship and at that moment, the die was cast. The girl used her magic to inspect her brother's brain and found out the truth.
footnote.jpg
Code Geass R2 02.mkv_snapshot_16.59.367.jpg

She hastily do some preparation to pass down all her business and wealth to the prince and at the end gives him the painful choice.

The story went from happy-go-lucky theme, then undergo genre shift to serious physiological theme, and then either tragedy or happy ending.
( author choice )

Of course for the happy ending, the prince must have a solution for 3rd choice, transplanting the girl's mind to alternative body, like homunculus, sacrificing a female slave or whatever, and removing the brain tumor at the same time.

Last edited:

Ral

No, the twist only revealed on a later chapter.

The beginning is for "This girl is sugoi!", triumphed in swords / magic training, the prince's inferiority complex, kingdom development period (to avoid food shortening in winter / crisis economy / or many problems), Magic Academy period (prodigy / social relationship), etc.

The prince couldn't help but envying the girl, but at the same time she was very kind to her, as she was reincarnated person and developed maternal instinct to the boy. Both love and hate mixed in his mind.

The King, Queen, and others who knows the truth only displayed they ignored the girl while greatly hinting it because she is a girl, and the boy was the crown prince, actual heir. While obviously they also left a little clue that she is not exists.

And then, after some years, the secret leaked out because of their incesteous relationship and at that moment, the die was cast. The girl used her magic to inspect her brother's brain and found out the truth.

She hastily do some preparation to pass down all her business and wealth to the prince and at the end gives him the painful choice.
Of course the twist is revealed on the later chapter. Many twist are actually revealed near the end of the story. That is just the nature of twists.

Mostly, the problem with your story is the multiple POV. There should be a POV that knows of the fact that she is a figment. A twist would unsatisfying if the only thing that make it a twist is because the author is deliberately withholding information. It is a cheap trick that most readers would not fall for.

One way to make the twist more easier to implement is to tell the story with a limited POV, preferably from a single POV character, most likely from the girl. This way, we only know what the girl know and us not knowing she is a figment is natural because she doesn't know.

Another weakness of this twist is that it doesn't have a strong basis to be a twist. Mostly because: why would the parents keep it a secret and do nothing about that? Sure they don't know what would happen if they kill her, but that is just a reason not to kill her but not to keep her nature secret. The readers would just be wondering after the twist was revealed why the people don't the tell prince about it?

Another weakness is the fact that it doesn't really should not have any effect or that big of an effect. Being a figment doesn't seem to be harmful to anyone, even the prince. Her being a figment doesn't seem to effect her life except for being ignored by some people. She is still like a normal person and capable of what any normal person can do. Sure you said that the prince had brain tumor but he have it for maybe decades now and it doesn't seem to be harmful to him. So what is the issue? Why the sudden drama in the end? The parents I could understand but everything else? Couldn't they just continue living like this and ignore the fact that she is a figment?

Truly, I don't think this idea is that bad. It just need to be executed better. Some changes here are there to make it work.

Last edited:

FlyingPirateCat

Hmm... Then how about this?

Limiting the POV only for the girl and the boy, just those two people, or just chuck it out and only tell the story from the girl's view.

Why the parents withholding the truth, well, there are lots. But mainly it's from political reasons.

At first their reason is just kinda uncomfortable to reveal, like a scandal. And then the figment actually made a great contribution to the kingdom and amassed great assets. Now they further can't reveal it anymore. ( good luck author )

And why the drama after all of that. Because at the first, they really didn't feel the threat. But after the twins go to Magic Academy, various problem occurs. The girl's magic is actually the prince's. And by her using magic, actually drains the prince so much. This is still not serious yet, at most the prince only became tired or sick faster. But the King or Queen became suspicious and ordered the prince to take a health inspection.

After various inspection from the imperial doctor, they finally found out the reason. Strike!

Then, before they could think of any solution, the prince actually had already make a move on her. Double Strike!

blood-splatter.gif

Last edited:

Ral

Hmm... Then how about this?

Limiting the POV only for the girl and the boy, just those two people, or just chuck it out and only tell the story from the girl's view.
Yeah. This is one I provided too.
Why the parents withholding the truth, well, there are lots. But mainly it's from political reasons.
Uh . . . you didn't actually state any concrete reasons. You have to spell out these reasons to see if they make sense.
At first their reason is just kinda uncomfortable to reveal, like a scandal.
Why? Why would it be a scandal? Do they have anything against figments? And even then, this is no reason not to tell the prince, or even the girl, just a reason not to tell the public.
And then the figment actually made a great contribution to the kingdom and amassed great assets. Now they further can't reveal it anymore. ( good luck author )
Okay, why don't they tell the prince before she contributed anything? It should have taken a lot of time before those contributiona and amass assets (like years) so they have a lot of time to tell the prince before they become uncomfortable in revealing it. Not to mention, they could just stop her. They are the King and Queen and they are the parents. Seriously, you are trying to make the King and Queen stupid just for the sake of the plot.
And why the drama after all of that. Because at the first, they really didn't feel the threat. But after the twins go to Magic Academy, various problem occurs.
Okay, another logical fall through here. The King and Queen is supposed to be ignoring her, now they send her to a Magic Academy . . . Why? They could just, I don't know, keep here in the castle?

And why wouldn't they feel her as a threat? She is abnormal and has something to do with their child (most likely the heir). There is actually a strong reason that they should fear her.

And still, this is no reason not to tell the prince or the girl/princess. In fact, they have no reason not to tell them and all the reason to tell them.

Seriously, you are making the King and Queen dumber and dumber.

Maybe you just have to make family be a regular family instead of a noble family? Some issues would be resolved by doing that.
The girl's magic is actually the prince's. And by her using magic, actually drains the prince so much. This is still not serious yet, at most the prince only became tired or sick faster. But the King or Queen became suspicious and ordered the prince to take a health inspection.

After various inspection from the imperial doctor, they finally found out the reason. Strike!
Okay, you have serious issues with your details. The King and Queen should know about this right? You said so previously, maybe aside from the side effect, that is why they don't feel the she is much of a threat. For them to feel she isn't a threat then they should have some knowledge of her nature that makes them feel so.
Then, before they could think of any solution, the prince actually had already make a move on her. Double Strike!
And why are the King and Queen not do anything? I mean, they suspected something, then why are they letting them be unsupervised or something? Heck, the prince should be confined to his sick bed, because he is sick, and the girl imprisoned or something after their discovery so she wouldn't do anything to bring further harm.

Also, more reason to tell the two the nature of the girl. Why are they still keeping it secret even then? How dumb are the King and Queen could be?

Not to mention, how old are they? They should be too young don't you think?

Sorry for being an ass here. I'm just critical to details. I seriously think the idea has merits. The implementation just needs work.

Last edited:

FlyingPirateCat

Uh, does it really need a detailed explanation? You know human mind is quite complex.

They are royalty, the person in power.

What will people say if they leaked the fact that the princess is actually a nonexistent person?
Mind that she generates a body that basically not different with normal human in the other people's eyes.

It will create unnecessary turmoil in the kingdom.

Okay, why don't they tell the prince before she contributed anything? It should have taken a lot of time before those contribution and amass assets (like years) so they have a lot of time to tell the prince before they become uncomfortable in revealing it. Not to mention, they could just stop her. They are the King and Queen and they are the parents. Seriously, you are trying to make the King and Queen stupid just for the sake of the plot.

Okay, another logical fall through here. The King and Queen is supposed to be ignoring her, now they send her to a Magic Academy . . . Why? They could just, I don't know, keep here in the castle?

And why they need to stop the princess? She creates the solution for their problems. Food shortage, economy crisis, etc...

Then, if you are about 5-12, and you have a twin sister, but your parent tell you that "your sister is actually not exists, it's just your imagination".
And there, you see your sister outside the window, training swords with the guards/instructors. Then what will you think?

Perhaps they will tell him (and her) after he becomes adult, but they were already too late by then.

About sending her to magic academy, she is talented, prodigy, and stuff... How could they keep her confined?
It will only arouse suspicion by their vessels if they do so.
Also what will happen to the prince if they were separated far away, no one knows as well and they also didn't dare to take risks.

And as I typed in previous post, they are unaware of the threat. Basically, if she didn't use much magic, then all is fine.
But if she used magic in daily basis, you can't help but notice something is wrong.

And why wouldn't they feel her as a threat? She is abnormal and has something to do with their child (most likely the heir). There are actually a strong reason that they should fear her.

The girl is a cheerful, kind girl, cared for her brother very much, contributed to kingdom development, etc... etc...
Oh well, any reason can be made.

But basically, she shows 0 threat to their life. On the contrary, she brings prosperity and wealth.
Even if they do feel uneasy, they also can't let go this kind of existence too, don't they?

And why are the King and Queen not do anything? I mean, they suspected something, then why are they letting them be unsupervised or something? Heck, the prince should be confined to his sick bed, because he is sick, and the girl imprisoned or something after their discovery so she wouldn't do anything to bring further harm.

The prince should also aware that incest is wrong, so he definitely won't do things openly. He wasn't brainless either.
It's just because of the plot that it got revealed. That's all.

About the sickness, as I said earlier, the symptoms are just simple tiredness. He did not immediately coughed blood or something.
It didn't alarm anyone enough to confine the prince into the bed, until few years later.

And, after the discovery... Well, that's the conflict lies. Let's leave the author to do the narration.

Not to mention, how old are they? They should be too young don't you think?

Let's just say, they're 18 when the incest/selfcest? take place. Minimal age for adult content in this website.

Seriously, I don't know why I need to type all of this... It's just a prompt.
This should be left to the author's imagination to fill the loophole if he or she wants to use this idea.

Last edited:

Ral

What will people say if they leaked the fact that the princess is actually a nonexistent person?
Mind that she generates a body that basically not different with normal human in the other people's eyes.
Why not? It is said to be possible. This is a fantasy world.

And even then, it remains that they could have told the prince and the girl this fact.
Then, if you are about 5-12, and you have a twin sister, but your parent tell you that "your sister is actually not exists, it's just your imagination".
And there, you see your sister outside the window, training swords with the guards/instructors. Then what will you think?
Again, this is a fantasy world. I, in that situation, would believe it.

And it is not what about the prince think but the King and Queen's action. They have no reason not to tell the two. Even if the prince don't believe them in the end, they have no reason not to tell them. And the girl would have considered teh implication considering she is reincarnated.
But basically, she shows 0 threat to their life. On the contrary, she brings prosperity and wealth.
Even if they do feel uneasy, they also can't let go this kind of existence too, don't they?
Oh, come on. They don't know at first. The moment she appears there should have been years or something before she could do anything substantial.

And just because she shows 0 threat doesn't mean they can't be afraid of her. Something doesn't have to harm you first before you could fear it. Like, people are afraid of spider. Did the spiders harmed them? No, most aren't harmful at all. Still they are afraid of them.

And, he is the heir (since you didn't deny). Are they really going to be this blasé to the things that happened to him?
The prince should also aware that incest is wrong, so he definitely won't do things openly. He wasn't brainless either.
It's just because of the plot that it got revealed. That's all.

About the sickness, as I said earlier, the symptoms are just simple tiredness. He did not immediately coughed blood or something.
It didn't alarm anyone enough to confine the prince into the bed, until few years later.

And, after the discovery... Well, that's the conflict lies. Let's leave the author to do the narration
Okay, you scrambled the timeline. The mechanism, the fact that she is a figment, is revealed before they can do the act. This is the moment that the King and Queen should have told the two. Heck, the doctor would have told the prince because the prince should have asked the doctor what is wrong (you being a patient would the doctor right?). That should put a damper on their passion.

Or maybe they could still continue that act but it would not be the same. Though, that could still be a great outcome. I mean, they really aren't siblings.
Let's just say, they're 18 when the incest take place. Minimal age for adult content in this website.
Hmm. That is great.

Still, the main problem is not resolved. The unbelievable contrivance; of withholding information, of making characters dumb and idiotic, of keeping the two protagonist in the dark, just so the twist could work. This is just inelegant.
Seriously, I don't know why I need to type all of this... It's just a prompt.
This should be left to the author's imagination to fill the loophole if he or she wants to use this idea.
We could also do that. That is point out the loopholes. The author might not see the loopholes so . . . Also, for fun. Talking about things is what we do in a forum.

Seriously, most of the problem with the execution would be solved if the family aren't royalty; if they are in poorer part of the population. You could excuse a lot of stuff as ignorance about magic or lack of resources to identify the real nature of the girl. Only in the future where they have the resources, with the girl's help, could they find that out . . . which also adds a sense of irony.

FlyingPirateCat

Your quote is outdated... I already edited my post a few times.

The reason why the king didn't disclose the princess being a figment = to maintain order / dignity / prevent turmoil.
Even if it's a fantasy world, if a figment existence is known, would that bring out disturbance in society?
Who knows if the person beside you (especially wife or child) is just a product of your imagination.

Perhaps a supplemental backstory needed for this figment.

Let's just say it was possible because soul reincarnation/transmigration takes place, and the soul actually parasitic into the brain, forming a tumor.
Which means, this case is the first time, and there is no predecessor event before this.
The princess just appeared out of nowhere sometimes after the prince was born. Out of the womb.
And after various investigation by trusted imperial magician, they somewhat informed about the situation, but not yet alarmed by potential threat.
The prince is healthy and no defect detected, so all is fine.

So, the king & queen decides to raise her all the same as if she was their child.
However, since they didn't know the unknown, they were keeping guard, by indifference.

About the figment inner organ, how did she eat / excrete :
- eat still same as human, except nutrition is digested as magic power.
- excretion still the same, all that can't digested become excrement.
- blood is still red liquid, because the princess believed so. If she thinks blood is green then it really becomes green.
- the five senses functioned as it is, except better, because there are not human organs to begin with.
- normal growth rate, since she believes so.
If she thinks she is a child, then she stays child forever, but thanks to her brother this didn't happen (she is comparing their growth).
- every people wants to stays in the peak age, including her. After 15-16 she didn't want to grow old and then her appearance stays that age ever after.
- no pimple, no bad odor, perfect hair condition, etc. <- why the prince considers other girls as inferior.

And about why they didn't tell the prince about his sister. Well, he is still a child.
Perhaps they were planning to tell him (and her) once they were adult. Except they were too late when the time comes.
If they tell them early, they afraid it'll only confuses them and instead become counterproductive.

About the sickness, there is no other symptom except tiredness, same as MP deficiency every time the girl recklessly used magic.
This happen often during academy period, as they often practice stuff.
The prince basically spend double MP consumption every day. And then in a few grades later, both of them learned advanced magic.
This further increase MP consumption and worsened the prince further. But still not alarming enough.

The girl noticed her brother's health and nursed him with care, at this time he fall in love with her.
A few days later then the deed has done, the girl accepts.

And then the tumor suddenly growing quietly, as the girl's soul constantly strengthening. It still not yet take effect on the prince's health, but it will after age 20 or later. They haven't found out about this.
Only after the prince fainted after exhibition match / tournament thing (the girl uses quite a lot of advanced magic in a day), then they notice something was wrong.

Imperial physician / doctor invited, and stuff. Then the hidden danger revealed!
Removing the tumor = lost the girl.
Not removing the tumor = prince died at 25, at the same time, girl also gone with him dead.

Conflict period. (their incestuous relationship also busted)

???

--------

I feel bad for TS, this is kinda hijacking his thread.

Last edited: