A School Life Otome Reincarnation Role-play [Event Stage]

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
The napping girl frowned at the contact, responding with a sleepy mumble.

"If it's about the written assignment...I'll hand it in later. If it's not urgent...five more minutes..."

She shifted her body, turning to the side, and continued dozing off.
Rubbing his chin, Eudes wondered what could be considered as urgent. For sure, the ceremony isn't urgent. At first glance, likely a hobby. Maybe, her family? Then, he knows nothing about it. What about--
"No worries, I don't care about that kinda stuff... In any case, there is something urgent, indeed. Where the hell is the cafeteria?"

Let's be honest. If they missed the ceremony, might as well go all the way and skip everything until lunch and directly grab food.

Bochi

Rubbing his chin, Eudes wondered what could be considered as urgent. For sure, the ceremony isn't urgent. At first glance, likely a hobby. Maybe, her family? Then, he knows nothing about it. What about--
"No worries, I don't care about that kinda stuff... In any case, there is something urgent, indeed. Where the hell is the cafeteria?"

Let's be honest. If they missed the ceremony, might as well go all the way and skip everything until lunch and directly grab food.
"Uuuuu..."

Wrinkling her nose a few more times, she completely gave up on her nap and yawned, rubbing away at the corners of her eyes. The girl then got to her feet, peering at the person who was talking to her.

"A new face...oh right, the opening ceremony is today so you must be a new student. Make sense, then...eh."

Stretching out her arms and hearing a satisfying 'crack', Swir looked away into the distance.

"Might as well bring you there."

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
"Uuuuu..."

Wrinkling her nose a few more times, she completely gave up on her nap and yawned, rubbing away at the corners of her eyes. The girl then got to her feet, peering at the person who was talking to her.

"A new face...oh right, the opening ceremony is today so you must be a new student. Make sense, then...eh."

Stretching out her arms and hearing a satisfying 'crack', Swir looked away into the distance.

"Might as well bring you there."
"Oh, so that's why there's barely anybody outside. Guess that makes sense. Thanks."
So, has it ended, or is it still ongoing? In all honesty, Eudes did not know, neither did he care. At the very least, he will be able to claim that he was not late if he did not go to the ceremony at all. In any case...

"Anyway, the name's Eudes. Nice to meet ya."
Let's follow her to the cafeteria.

Bochi

"Oh, so that's why there's barely anybody outside. Guess that makes sense. Thanks."
So, has it ended, or is it still ongoing? In all honesty, Eudes did not know, neither did he care. At the very least, he will be able to claim that he was not late if he did not go to the ceremony at all. In any case...

"Anyway, the name's Eudes. Nice to meet ya."
Let's follow her to the cafeteria.
"Mhm, nice to meet you as well. Call me Swir."

The girl fished out something from her pocket, staring at it for a brief few seconds before slipping it back into her pocket.

"Ceremony's still ongoing, I reckon. It's still quite early, so I doubt they're started preparing lunch at the cafeteria yet. Come this way."

She waved lazily as she started.

"The headmaster's speech is the same every year. Good thinking, skipping the opening ceremony."

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
"Mhm, nice to meet you as well. Call me Swir."

The girl fished out something from her pocket, staring at it for a brief few seconds before slipping it back into her pocket.

"Ceremony's still ongoing, I reckon. It's still quite early, so I doubt they're started preparing lunch at the cafeteria yet. Come this way."

She waved lazily as she started.

"The headmaster's speech is the same every year. Good thinking, skipping the opening ceremony."
"Good to know that I've not wasted my time by attending... though, I guess we could say that I came a bit too early since the opening ceremony is still ongoing."

A shame. Eudes was not late enough. If only he came one or two hours later, that would have been perfect. In any case, well, Eudes thought that it was a nice idea to visit the establishment in the meantime. Starting by the cafeteria.

"Bah, at least, it leaves me time to visit the Academy, eh? I won't get lost in the future, hopefully."
Though, admittedly, he could have asked one of his sisters at home. But, he will not mention it unless needed.

Bochi

"Good to know that I've not wasted my time by attending... though, I guess we could say that I came a bit too early since the opening ceremony is still ongoing."

A shame. Eudes was not late enough. If only he came one or two hours later, that would have been perfect. In any case, well, Eudes thought that it was a nice idea to visit the establishment in the meantime. Starting by the cafeteria.

"Bah, at least, it leaves me time to visit the Academy, eh? I won't get lost in the future, hopefully."
Though, admittedly, he could have asked one of his sisters at home. But, he will not mention it unless needed.
"Don't worry, the school is just big enough for you to get lost a few dozen times. You'll get used to it."

Pausing abruptly, Swir ducked into a nearby corridor, pulling Eudes with her. She waited quietly, standing in the shadows, as someone passed by and walked away, footsteps fading into the distance.

"...If anyone asks, I'm bringing you to the infirmary. Let's go, it's just three more buildings."

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
"Don't worry, the school is just big enough for you to get lost a few dozen times. You'll get used to it."

Pausing abruptly, Swir ducked into a nearby corridor, pulling Eudes with her. She waited quietly, standing in the shadows, as someone passed by and walked away, footsteps fading into the distance.

"...If anyone asks, I'm bringing you to the infirmary. Let's go, it's just three more buildings."
"Huh, someone's bothering you?"
Since they were together at the moment, Eudes thought it would be fine to be a bit curious. In any case, with her help, he will owe her one. So if needed, he would repair his debt. Be it with his kicks or something else.

"Oh, the infirmary, that would also be useful to know where is it..."
Yanno. For safety purposes.

Leti

Meanwhile in the infirmary.

"Hey you. You're finally awake."

Liz turned to the direction of the voice and immediately falls asleep again after confirming it's the nurse speaking, not some bound prisoners in a cart heading towards their execution.

"Wake me up when the world ends..." Was the only response the nurse received from the girl.

Bochi

"Huh, someone's bothering you?"
Since they were together at the moment, Eudes thought it would be fine to be a bit curious. In any case, with her help, he will owe her one. So if needed, he would repair his debt. Be it with his kicks or something else.

"Oh, the infirmary, that would also be useful to know where is it..."
Yanno. For safety purposes.
"..."

Taking care to look away from Eudes, Swir rolled her eyes.

"It's like, kinda against the rules to skip opening ceremony without a valid reason. I have one so I can wander about in the mornings, but you're new, no? Won't want to get you into hot water on day one. Besides..."

The idea came to Swir before she could continue speaking. If they wanted to avoid people, why not eat at the infirmary?

"True, you'll probably visit that place a few times...Let's go buy some bread and visit then."

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
"..."

Taking care to look away from Eudes, Swir rolled her eyes.

"It's like, kinda against the rules to skip opening ceremony without a valid reason. I have one so I can wander about in the mornings, but you're new, no? Won't want to get you into hot water on day one. Besides..."

The idea came to Swir before she could continue speaking. If they wanted to avoid people, why not eat at the infirmary?

"True, you'll probably visit that place a few times...Let's go buy some bread and visit then."
"Oh, a valid reason... I guess I have none of these yet."

Unless conveniently forgetting that you got admitted to the Academy is one, Eudes had nothing to say regarding that and shrugged. Nonetheless, it looks like she liked the idea of going to the infirmary. It's probably a quiet place and well... it's likely comfier than the grass outside.

"Lemme check my satchel. I don't know whether I brought money or not."
Opening the satchel, he found many things. For instance, papers, papers and papers again. One of those must be the admission to the Academy... Ah, there is also spare clothes, an empty gourd and a few other things.
"Yeah, seems like I do... have it. Somewhere."

Now that he thought about it, in the worst case, he can just sell the second set of school clothes, can he not?

Bochi

"Oh, a valid reason... I guess I have none of these yet."

Unless conveniently forgetting that you got admitted to the Academy is one, Eudes had nothing to say regarding that and shrugged. Nonetheless, it looks like she liked the idea of going to the infirmary. It's probably a quiet place and well... it's likely comfier than the grass outside.

"Lemme check my satchel. I don't know whether I brought money or not."
Opening the satchel, he found many things. For instance, papers, papers and papers again. One of those must be the admission to the Academy... Ah, there is also spare clothes, an empty gourd and a few other things.
"Yeah, seems like I do... have it. Somewhere."

Now that he thought about it, in the worst case, he can just sell the second set of school clothes, can he not?
Who goes to school without bringing money?

Rolling her eyes again, Swir made an offer, even as the two's steady footsteps brought them closer and closer to a fragrance in the air. The smell of bread just taken out from the oven.

"If it weren't for opening, there'd be a crowd buying out the bread by now. I suppose the ceremony does have it's uses after all. And if you forgot to bring money, I could lend you some."

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
Who goes to school without bringing money?

Rolling her eyes again, Swir made an offer, even as the two's steady footsteps brought them closer and closer to a fragrance in the air. The smell of bread just taken out from the oven.

"If it weren't for opening, there'd be a crowd buying out the bread by now. I suppose the ceremony does have its uses after all. And if you forgot to bring money, I could lend you some."
"Haha, I would rather starve than owin' a debt."

And thus, Eudes could as well smell the fresh scent of bread. In the meantime, Eudes' hand was still plunged in the satchel, searching for the cash-- who were in the spare clothes. Maybe he thought that it would be a good idea to place them there.
"Oh, found it. Anyway, good thing that there is the ceremony, been a while since I ate something fresh."

Bochi

"Haha, I would rather starve than owin' a debt."

And thus, Eudes could as well smell the fresh scent of bread. In the meantime, Eudes' hand was still plunged in the satchel, searching for the cash-- who were in the spare clothes. Maybe he thought that it would be a good idea to place them there.
"Oh, found it. Anyway, good thing that there is the ceremony, been a while since I ate something fresh."
A short while later, two people entered the school infirmary carrying some food. Swir had waved to the nurse, whom she had met quite a few times already, and made for the chairs. She stopped when she noticed that one of the beds were occupied.

"Huh. Seems like another freshman (@Leti), I'd reckon."

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
A short while later, two people entered the school infirmary carrying some food. Swir had waved to the nurse, whom she had met quite a few times already, and made for the chairs. She stopped when she noticed that one of the beds were occupied.

"Oh, so someone else skipped the ceremony. That's good to know."
Greetings the nurse with a smile, after sitting on one of the chairs, Eudes began to munch on the bread with a happy smile. Maybe, it tastes much better than he expected because it had been a while since good food entered into his mouth? In any case, waking up Swir is, so far, the best decision he has done.

Wait, back to business. Regarding skipping the ceremony, perhaps he could ask the nurse for help? To give him a valid reason, for instance, an injury, a sickness or anything. Self-harming is the most efficient way to go around it, but, who would be crazy enough to do that? It would be preferable to receive a penalty.

"Bah. While I think about it, is there many people who skip the ceremony? Or just forget about it."

Bochi

"Oh, so someone else skipped the ceremony. That's good to know."
Greetings the nurse with a smile, after sitting on one of the chairs, Eudes began to munch on the bread with a happy smile. Maybe, it tastes much better than he expected because it had been a while since good food entered into his mouth? In any case, waking up Swir is, so far, the best decision he has done.

Wait, back to business. Regarding skipping the ceremony, perhaps he could ask the nurse for help? To give him a valid reason, for instance, an injury, a sickness or anything. Self-harming is the most efficient way to go around it, but, who would be crazy enough to do that? It would be preferable to receive a penalty.

"Bah. While I think about it, is there many people who skip the ceremony? Or just forget about it."
"Technically it's for the freshmen only, though the second and third-years are to attend as well, for some reason or another. As I've mentioned earlier, the headmaster says the same thing every year, so people can get bored easily. Though there's teachers going around, like the one we hid from earlier, so students usually don't skip without having a really good reason on hand. Then again, they won't expel you for skipping, so."

Shrugging, Swir took a bite of her bread, and continued.

"I believe the content of the speech was something like...

...It is my firm belief that each of us must accept the responsibility of bettering our school. However, change cannot occur without sustained effort and an unprecedented level of commitment. That is why we must restructure our daily lives to accommodate this lofty goal. I’d like each of you to dig deeply into your well of motivation, and re-evaluate your convictions… To imagine a bold new future without losing sight of the realities around you.

That, is the key.

I am certain that many of you have your own visions of the future… For us to reap the full benefits of our education, your participation, ideas, and enthusiasm are essential.

Thank you."

(Source: @Himekawa)

She coughed.

"It sounds great the first time, but once you hear it for the second time it really becomes boring."

Last edited:

Leti

"Excuse me, do I know you?"

The sleeping girl is suddenly awake. Having a disturbing dream about a tall figure with golden mask tends to do that. Listening to two new voice in the room doesn't help either. The infirmary is getting crowded by healthy people who doesn't belong here. But that can be arranged.

The current nurse is boring. The previous one used to treat everyone who went inside her domain with amputation. At least that was what the girl's elder sister said. Believe it or not.

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
"Technically it's for the freshmen only, though the second and third-years are to attend as well, for some reason or another. As I've mentioned earlier, the headmaster says the same thing every year, so people can get bored easily. Though there's teachers going around, like the one we hid from earlier, so students usually don't skip without having a really good reason on hand. Then again, they won't expel you for skipping, so."

Shrugging, Swir took a bite of her bread, and continued.

"I believe the content of the speech was something like...

...It is my firm belief that each of us must accept the responsibility of bettering our school. However, change cannot occur without sustained effort and an unprecedented level of commitment. That is why we must restructure our daily lives to accommodate this lofty goal. I’d like each of you to dig deeply into your well of motivation, and re-evaluate your convictions… To imagine a bold new future without losing sight of the realities around you.

That, is the key.

I am certain that many of you have your own visions of the future… For us to reap the full benefits of our education, your participation, ideas, and enthusiasm are essential.

Thank you."

(Source: @Himekawa)

She coughed.

"It sounds great the first time, but once you hear it for the second time it really becomes boring."
"Huh, so, those were teachers."

They won't expel for skipping? Is that a good or bad news? So far, Eudes did not know whether he wanted to stay or not. All he knew was that if he didn't go, his two sisters would likely annoy him. Something he would very much like to avoid.

"... To remember all these sentences, you must have heard it more than just a few times."
So throughout the year, the headmaster repeats this speech? Or something similar at least.

The sleeping girl is suddenly awake. Having a disturbing dream about a tall figure with golden mask tends to do that. Listening to two new voice in the room doesn't help either. The infirmary is getting crowded by healthy people who doesn't belong here. But that can be arranged.

The current nurse is boring. The previous one used to treat everyone who went inside her domain with amputation. At least that was what the girl's elder sister said. Believe it or not.
"Not yet, lemme solve that."
He cleared his throat and continued to speak.
"My name is Eudes Quesnel. Now, you know me."

Linkisawesome4

With the ceremony at a close, myself - along with the rest of the Student Council - and the staff gathered for a post-ceremony meeting to see how things went. I got grilled for being late, to which I explained about the suspicious person I saw vanish behind a tree, to the unconscious girl I discovered with a syringe in her arm. With my report finished, the teachers dismissed us so they could discuss more confidential matters - while tasking us with checking who did and didn't attend the ceremony.

"Eh? Mr Axe and Mr Carom didn't attend?"
I subconsciously tapped the pen on the clipboard as I thought about what could have happened to them, when I noticed Mr Reavis leaning against a wall and dozing instead of being with the rest of the staff.
"..."
I then had a thought and walked up to him.
"Mr Reavis? Could I task you with finding some missing students?" I asked with a warm smile.

@Linkisawesome4

X
As leanord stretches "Missing students... Sure i got that... got any notes about who is missing?"
@Nahrenne

Bochi

"Huh, so, those were teachers."

They won't expel for skipping? Is that a good or bad news? So far, Eudes did not know whether he wanted to stay or not. All he knew was that if he didn't go, his two sisters would likely annoy him. Something he would very much like to avoid.

"... To remember all these sentences, you must have heard it more than just a few times."
So throughout the year, the headmaster repeats this speech? Or something similar at least.

"Not yet, lemme solve that."
He cleared his throat and continued to speak.
"My name is Eudes Quesnel. Now, you know me."
"I knew I had to memorize it the very moment I heard it, so I made the effort to attend as a second-year and made sure to jot all the words down. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made --- I sometimes have trouble falling asleep due to my low blood pressure, and just reading that speech causes me to doze off immediately."

Swir paused upon noticing that the sleeping person had woken up.

"And I'm Swir, a third-year of this school. It's a pleasure."

Derrax

While everyone were getting to know each others...

Deer R. Axe was in a forest.

He definitely wasn't lost. He was just taking a stroll. Yes, that's right. He wasn't lost! Besides, it's not like they'll notice a commoner like him missing from the opening ceremony!

'I really need to find my way back though...'

Thinking so, Deer began to go into a light jog. Let us hope he didn't encounter any monster...

(OOC: If anyone wants to include me in an event, @ me.)
Meanwhile...

Deer R. Axe was still in a forest. The trees became more and more withered up as he walked, and a sinister aura permeated the air.

'Hmm... I don't think this is the right way...'

Sighing, Deer began to accelerate his pace, frantically looking for any sign of the Fialoros' Magical Academy.