How to make it to trending.?

CanopyL

My novel "You can't escape their love (yandere Harem), got a pretty suitable response even then It didn't come in the top 25 trendings even once. WHy?

ForestDweller

I don't know, even though I've gotten there a couple of times. It just happens out of nowhere.

CanopyL

It makes no sense, another novel which started the same time I started had less views favourites and readers even then it's on the top 10 trending for about 10 days

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
It is all about relative growth. So authors with slow constant growth are systematically disadvantaged. You need enormous spikes to make it into trending paired together with the right topics. Release schedules also help.

Something like 2k views at a single day is a good benchmark.

Airlogia

How to make it to the trending list:
  1. Have a catchy title and a well written synopsis.
  2. Have a decent quality story.
  3. Release enough chapters to reach the main plot hook with the initial launch of the story.
  4. Have a high release rate immediately after launch. Every 2-3 days minimum, but faster is better. You may want to stockpile a decent initial batch.
  5. Keep this going for at least a week, often more.
As Assurbanipal mentioned, the trending is about relative growth, so immediately after launch is your biggest chance.

Assurbanipal_II

Oof. Feels bad that 400k words in, my views only average 800 per day.

I said benchmark. Much depends on circumstances and such, but in my experience 2k is the minimum requirement. Otherwise, you can forget it. It also depends how strong the competition is on your day. When all the big harem and LitRPG novels release on the same day, you are screwed regardless.

You need a day with minor traffic, few annoying upstarts, then you can hope to compete.

CanopyL

It is all about relative growth. So authors with slow constant growth are systematically disadvantaged. You need enormous spikes to make it into trending paired together with the right topics. Release schedules also help.

to tell the truth I go around 3 k views in the first 2 or 3 days... even then It didn't come... Is there any relation with the cover image?

Assurbanipal_II

to tell the truth I go around 3 k views in the first 2 or 3 days... even then It didn't come... Is there any relation with the cover image?

As I said, the first 3 days are not counted for trending. Only after day 3 the algorithm starts to compensate for the initial boost you get through your newest novel post on the front page.

From then on, you need luck that you don't fight against the big whales.

Assurbanipal_II

1604396338022.png

Let's analyse.

On 24th you got 790. On 25th 2100, which is an increase of more or less 300%.

What you need are stronger spikes. Sudden explosive increases.

1604396560782.png

While significantly smaller in absolute terms of views, views increase here from 50 to 800, which is an increase of 1600%.

You will need to fight these novels.

CanopyL

View attachment 4675

Let's analyse.

On 24th you got 790. On 25th 2100, which is an increase of more or less 300%.

What you need are stronger spikes. Sudden explosive increases.

View attachment 4676

While significantly smaller in absolute terms of views, views increase here from 50 to 800, which is an increase of 1600%.

You will need to fight these novels.
thanks very much, now I know what to do? but where to see the chart?

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical

I had slow steady growth and around idk, 600 to 700 views when I posted a chapter until I randomly hit trending at #8 and got 2k in a day.
Kind of scared me, it came out of nowhere. I didn't do anything special I don't believe? This is my first story. But uh, if you want more datapoints this is one, I guess?
1604402855419.png

What do you make of that @Assurbanipal_II ?

Assurbanipal_II

I had slow steady growth and around idk, 600 to 700 views when I posted a chapter until I randomly hit trending at #8 and got 2k in a day.
Kind of scared me, it came out of nowhere. I didn't do anything special I don't believe? This is my first story. But uh, if you want more datapoints this is one, I guess?
View attachment 4677

What do you make of that @Assurbanipal_II ?

The system was obviously implemented to favour the growth of smaller stories. You have an easier time when you still are small as even small reader increases in absolute terms have a large relative impact. But you claimed place 8th. So you consider yourself lucky. Another story could have easily displaced you. Sometimes luck is necessary.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Write a bunch of smut and have a cover with a waifu on it. Also be able to write in passable English. Plot isn't always necessary if you fill these very specific quota. That sums up not all but the majority of this sites trending. The readers here are just that easy and predictable.

Freesia.Cutepearl

Nonsensically Weird while Weirdly Nonsensical
How much is a bunch? :blob_hmm_two: I've barely written any, especially comparing to some other things I've seen on here :sweating_profusely:

However, it seems-

Apparently writing a character playing with a remote control shapeshifted spider, talking to yourself too much because you don't know the language, and being a clumsy dummy that injures herself trying to imitate 'cool' characters from movies or shows, getting easily distracted, and just generally procrastinating, works too. :blobrofl:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
People gotta stop asking " how do i make it to trending?", or asking "why didnt I make it to trending?"

Listen here. Either your story is good enough to make it to trending, or it isnt. Plain and simple

JayDirex

Listen here. Either your story is good enough to make it to trending, or it isnt. Plain and simple
FACTS- plus I'm sure Tony has a touch of "Affirmative Action" written into the code, whereby lesser titles get to see the light. cause man I have seen HOT GARBAGE on trending all but for a moment before it vanished back into BLANK WATERFALL COVER OBSCURITY

Assurbanipal_II

FACTS- plus I'm sure Tony has a touch of "Affirmative Action" written into the code, whereby lesser titles get to see the light. cause man I have seen HOT GARBAGE on trending all but for a moment before it vanished back into BLANK WATERFALL COVER OBSCURITY
:blob_neutral::blob_neutral::blob_neutral::blob_neutral::blob_neutral: ... Obscurity. *slowly fades*