Which is the scene you are most proud of having written?

Shulox

Hi again, Shu here! Title explains itself, what do you guys think?

I personally never wrote such a great scene as the final run of Our Greatest Comeback (which I can't spoil basically because it's not even published here yet lmao), but I hope I can surpass it someday.

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
In terms of published content, probably the first kiss scene in Chapter 33 of The Legacy of Dragonfire.

Though, in terms of unpublished content, it would be a scene where (cw: death, trauma, grief) MC's daughter comes in and comforts MC and her wife shortly after the MC's wife had to kill her own father. Really the most heart-wrenching scene I've ever had to write.

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
The serial killer villain who kills the victim's brother in front of her by dissecting him with metal wires, then collects the heart and eats a piece of it in front of her.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Not really a scene, but I coded a sentient weapon for a game.

Every few minutes it'll whisper sweet nothings into the person's mind that is wielding it. There was an array of sentences that it could randomly pick from to share.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
The scene meeting Reubin Rubin because of how well I describe it.

ChocolateLover030

Devourer of the Cocoa
Probably the moment when my MC commands an army of bugs and commits nuclear massacre.

...in a game.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
MC running through his city who was under attack to reach his home to find his parents are dead.

expentio

There were actually some I personally liked when I wrote them. The real special ones are those that came naturally to me. Those I didn't plan beforehand to write, but which came just like by themselves when the time was right.
The one that right now came first to my mind was when my protagonist, a humanoid slime in a world where humanoid monsters aren't known to even exist, has to deliver a young princess secretly back to her parents, so that the traitors in the palace won't find out. So she has to bring her with her partner in a great infiltration mission into the private royal rooms. Of course, they set a bit of an alarm, but somewhat messily manage without killing to get into the queen's private chamber, where she promptly vomits the princess out of her body right in front of her feet and then starts a long tirade about how this was not part of her employment contract and she's certainly not paid enough for this shit.

Lysander_Works

Pretty much every fight scene plus a few more from the recent works on the Leray Series.

Jerynboe

I don’t think anyone else cared all that much, but the final climax of my first giant isekai power fantasy trashfire story was something I’m proud of entirely because explaining it would require a giant wall of text but it made perfect sense in the moment.
The short version is that my MC was specifically given powers in order to beta test them, and the main antagonist had a similar suite of powers that worked on the same principles by the same amoral cosmic entertainment company. My MC was able to use his extensive knowledge of weird onscreen corner cases (many of which had been nerfs and limitations on his powers I had implemented to keep him from being even more op) in order to bypass the main antagonist’s powers and win in a duel.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
Probably the short story The Tavern where the heroes from the three Dragon Age stories meet each other in the afterlife and have a moment of peace after the horrors of the games. It's one of my shorter things but it was just one of those stories that went easily from brain to keyboard. Cliche as hell but it made me feel accomplished.

Chapter 73 of Smith From Another Land because it has a quasi-deity that spoke through lines from various characters said earlier in the story. It was a pain but such fun to write out as I could only use words and phrases spoken to the main character by Dwarves. She had only spoken to like 5 of them by then. I just felt proud of making coherent(ish) dialogue with reused lines.

My other two favorite scenes are kind of gory. One involves a guy getting 'wishboned' by two supernaturals with the intention of the person with the larger 'half' choosing where they were going after they were finished murdering people on a beach. It was horrifyingly comical but it really detailed the mentality of the pair. The other was a mutant supremacist who killed a human by controlling bugs and getting them to uh... climb into the guy's orifices. It is the only time I ever squicked myself out with my own writing along with everyone else reading at the time. I swear I am mentally sound....

Sylver

Hm, I don't know :blob_hmm_two: I can't say I'm proud of all of my chapters, but I am proud of most of them. The ones which are my favorite haven't been published in this site so far. So stay tuned for that :blob_evil_two:

KuruKinaar

There's many scenes in my book that I'm really proud of writing. Can I just say the whole book? LOL

Sagacious_Punk

Resident solarpunk
The scene just before the climax of the story where Airo bares his soul before Veralla, confessing the source of his past trauma and black-hearted character, and Veralla asks Airo if he would love her the way he loved his past soulmate. Game, set, match. Then they go to kick the ass of the antagonist (it kinda happens the other way around) and to redeem his soul.

I'm currently serializing the story (including here), because I'm giving the whole book an editing overhaul.

or

But there are more that I am also proud of.

Of course, this is:

1. spoiler
  2. need the story for better context
  3. none of you will read it anyway.
Joke's on you, I will check those out the moment my head is not mush! (And after I finish "The Dragon Never Sleeps" by Glen Cook)

Ditto. Checking it out as soon as I can manage to read it meaningfully.