Any Pokemon Gourmand fan-fics?

Yamemai

While waiting for my food to heat up, after having read some pokemon fan-fics, this thought came to mind:

Kinda tried of all them trainer fics, are there any stories where people go around the poke world looking to taste pokemon, or their produces? Or is it too morbid/sordid? -- Even with some of the newer poke releases? Aka some of Paldea's pokes, fairy mons, & others, like Nacli.

Hello little brother, I'm writing to you from Kanto.

@ Magikarp
And I have to say, some of the pokes here are weird. Like how I met a magikarp sales men, & after buying one to try, it was too hard! Mostly scales and bones! Not sure if it's due to how they were kept -- packed together in a little box -- if this one was nearing evolution, or what, but I couldn't eat it.
Got odd looks from the residents too, so maybe you aren't supposed to eat them? Could be you're supposed to turn them into supplements for your pokes, since one of the dex entries did state pidgeottos liked them.

Well, I'll still try! May frying them in Arboliva's oil, like a flounder, would be better.

@ Oddity of Oddish
- I must say, Oddish make for an odd dish ingredient.
- Depending on how and when you cook it, it's flavor and texture changes.
- Say you want the tang of onions? Just chop them fresh & lightly grill them
- Potatoes? Boil or steam them.
- Radishes? Soak them for awhile; preferably with Gargancl's purifying salt to pickle
- Carrot? Roast it & the trace poison seems to caramelize.
- Live it out to dry? & it turns into a ginseng
- Just remember to keep some pecha berries within arms reach.
- I'm surprised they are not more wide spread, with how invasive they can be.

Johto
@ Sunkern flour
- look up sunflower seed flour
Manga:
Dungeon Mushi
Kuutei Dragon
Toriko

Comics:
Rutabaga: The Adventure Chef

Probably more, but can't remember off top, like that one Orc chef novel.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
you're sick...
What else do you think that fish was for?

Yamemai

What else do you think that fish was for?
Aren't these just pastries? Eg. Breed filled w/ jam/bean paste/etc.
Though, did think of that before I thought of the fried flounder thing.

no jokes now, I get the idea of cooking Pokémon and all, but they have much more personality and humanity than the regular animal. one of them even learned how to talk human language for G's sake.
lol, remember reading an argument about something similar: https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/zzl45m/_/j2hjsau -- Kinda boils down to game&anime made the poke-world more kid friendly & that's the version known to most people.
There's also this: https://modernfarmer.com/2014/05/food-politics-pokemon/

Kinda surprised there hasn't been any writings on this with how a bunch of peeps have similar questions/ideas. -- Remember seeing a site that listed all gen1 pokes and if they were edible or not
Might be due to the first point [Eg. People are exposed to pokemon in a 'bright' setting], as I for one haven't bothered reading the manga, but have played and watched it.
Edit: Or those creative enough to come up with ways to cook poke wouldn't bother writing a fan-fic & would rather make an original.

Last edited:

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
btw I have come across a fanfic like that, but on Webnovel. I don't remember the name but I think it was pretty obvious that it was about cooking your friends.
and yeah, I grew up more watching the anime than the game. when I ended up playing the game I mostly caught what I had an attachment from the anime lol. in the game (at least the ones I played) there's not much you can do to get attached excluding putting a name or something, it's more like personal army with cute faces.

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
no jokes now, I get the idea of cooking Pokémon and all, but they have much more personality and humanity than the regular animal. one of them even learned how to talk human language for G's sake.
It's okay to enslave them and make them fight to the death, but not to eat them. Ethics are important.

prognastat

The original manga and some of the older dex entries are a lot darker than what current day pokemon shows. It's quite obvious that people in the pokemon world eat pokemon in those older works.

As for how ethical it is. You have to eat something. Though them being sentient might make it harder for us, people in the pokemon world would have evolved to eat pokemon the same way we have evolved to eat animals due to them being a convenient source of easily digestible protein and fat,

It's not like we see a whole lot of other non-pokemon animals around to eat instead.

As for a fic focusing on it and whether it would be popular. If that is the main premise probably won't be very popular once the shock/humor factor wears off.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
just wish fulfillment stuff, the cooking is kinda low on the priority list, and more of there to set it apart from the other stories.
that's most of the novels there lol, it's hard to find something good

Tsuru

Robot
While waiting for my food to heat up, after having read some pokemon fan-fics, this thought came to mind:

Kinda tried of all them trainer fics, are there any stories where people go around the poke world looking to taste pokemon, or their produces? Or is it too morbid/sordid? -- Even with some of the newer poke releases? Aka some of Paldea's pokes, fairy mons, & others, like Nacli.

Hello little brother, I'm writing to you from Kanto.

@ Magikarp
And I have to say, some of the pokes here are weird. Like how I met a magikarp sales men, & after buying one to try, it was too hard! Mostly scales and bones! Not sure if it's due to how they were kept -- packed together in a little box -- if this one was nearing evolution, or what, but I couldn't eat it.
Got odd looks from the residents too, so maybe you aren't supposed to eat them? Could be you're supposed to turn them into supplements for your pokes, since one of the dex entries did state pidgeottos liked them.

Well, I'll still try! May frying them in Arboliva's oil, like a flounder, would be better.

@ Oddity of Oddish
- I must say, Oddish make for an odd dish ingredient.
- Depending on how and when you cook it, it's flavor and texture changes.
- Say you want the tang of onions? Just chop them fresh & lightly grill them
- Potatoes? Boil or steam them.
- Radishes? Soak them for awhile; preferably with Gargancl's purifying salt to pickle
- Carrot? Roast it & the trace poison seems to caramelize.
- Live it out to dry? & it turns into a ginseng
- Just remember to keep some pecha berries within arms reach.
- I'm surprised they are not more wide spread, with how invasive they can be.

Johto
@ Sunkern flour
- look up sunflower seed flour
Go try "Toriko" chinese fanfics
i guess that is the closer you can, of a "eat creatures" serious plot you crave, without it turning mega weird or guro or trolling-plot

or the jp manga where a mermaid eat fishes for the first time in a sushi restaurant on the ground and turn addicted to it (warning, it turns VERY DARK and is a bait-comedy series, also bad ending dictatorship or smth. No clue if last chap hiatus/ended/axed/no-translator)

Yamemai

Go try "Toriko" chinese fanfics
i guess that is the closer you can, of a "eat creatures" serious plot you crave, without it turning mega weird or guro or trolling-plot

or the jp manga where a mermaid eat fishes for the first time in a sushi restaurant on the ground and turn addicted to it (warning, it turns VERY DARK and is a bait-comedy series, also bad ending dictatorship or smth. No clue if last chap hiatus/ended/axed/no-translator)
Ah yeah I remember Toriko, will keep that in mind. -- One of the reasons I used magikarp & oddish specifically, IIRC.
Eg. They seem like an invasive species & may require certain methods to cook properly.