City huge or town small?
Surrounded by oceans or mountains tall?
A countryside where the river flows?
Middle of nowhere where no one goes?
A place known by all,
Or someplace where no one falls.
Falls as in visit not actually,
Tell me the name of your city.

Or any other place which you like; or you have been to and remember fondly, vividly for some reason.

I am planning on writing a story where a person due to some circumstances disappears randomly in a supernatural way and now the government needs to find him, but the only way to do that is to retrace his step, and of course, he was a traveler.

Or maybe it will be a different story. The point is, where I want to go with this novel is places, not stories.

I can't to write, or describe travel. All the different features of various locations all over the world, geographical or otherwise.

I am not into stuff like watching travel videos and I am extremely bad with direction and stuff, but recently a few months ago my favorite writing podcaster started a side traveling podcast with Japan at its centre, and the descriptions seem really fascinating.

I was thinking maybe you could just name a small town or whatever you want to be in this story.

Just, name a place, leave a little description, and if possible a Google map view of that area. I will include ALL submissions and incorporate them into the story as long as I write it.

Why am I posting it in author general? I will eventually edit the title to the name of the novel and convert it into a writing thread.

Of course, I am open for collaboration :blob_cookie:

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Nowhere, everywhere.
I live in the breeze that runs through the branches of trees
I live on the foam of the blue seas
I live with the birds on mountain peaks
I live in the magic lands that bright eyed youths seek
At all corners of the world, you may find me
I go with the four winds, for there are many glorious things to see

J_Chemist

Nowhere, everywhere.
When you put into perspective your love of trucks and the knowledge that there are sleeper trucks, this checks out.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I could tell you my life experience but people will believe that your writing the most BS thing that doesn't exist and wouldn't believe you to be telling a real life story. Who wants to listen to a kid who once experience kidnapping, blackmail, some mystic shit of a ghost story that would end up in some fantasy land after walking in some forest and then a war suddenly breaks out, a harem protag which has a densest main character whose bad luck is so shit that everything is fake?

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
When you put into perspective your love of trucks and the knowledge that there are sleeper trucks, this checks out.
I live in this
1708569623444.png

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
A once thriving town where the materials for the future were created, with cemeteries encroaching on the workplace. The flow of work was halted, the flow of commerce stunted, the workers up and left. The old folks fade like forgotten attic wallpaper, turning the place back into a blank canvas. Except now, the young folk struggle, set up for nothing. Death has become our career, it’s diversion, it’s consequences, it’s existence. Perhaps you could say life has become our work.

(Blue collar town that never recovered from loss of its main income, healthcare is major employer to serve our aging and ailing population)

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
City huge or town small?
Surrounded by oceans or mountains tall?
A countryside where the river flows?
Middle of nowhere where no one goes?
A place known by all,
Or someplace where no one falls.
Falls as in visit not actually,
Tell me the name of your city.

Or any other place which you like; or you have been to and remember fondly, vividly for some reason.

I am planning on writing a story where a person due to some circumstances disappears randomly in a supernatural way and now the government needs to find him, but the only way to do that is to retrace his step, and of course, he was a traveler.

Or maybe it will be a different story. The point is, where I want to go with this novel is places, not stories.

I can't to write, or describe travel. All the different features of various locations all over the world, geographical or otherwise.

I am not into stuff like watching travel videos and I am extremely bad with direction and stuff, but recently a few months ago my favorite writing podcaster started a side traveling podcast with Japan at its centre, and the descriptions seem really fascinating.

I was thinking maybe you could just name a small town or whatever you want to be in this story.

Just, name a place, leave a little description, and if possible a Google map view of that area. I will include ALL submissions and incorporate them into the story as long as I write it.

Why am I posting it in author general? I will eventually edit the title to the name of the novel and convert it into a writing thread.

Of course, I am open for collaboration :blob_cookie:
I live on a research base, in the Void Sea, stationed nearby to the destroyed Arcanist Plane. The veiw would be similar to that of living on one of your space stations, according to my apprentice. However unlike the ‘outer space’ of your plane, the Void Sea is made of a tangible medium. Similar, but less dense, to water. The destroyed Arcanist Plane is similar to a glass marble that has been half smashed, and according to my apprentice it was similar in size to that of the planet Mars. There are many fragments of its planer shell scattered around the cracked, but mostly whole, semispherical majority of that plane’s shell. Each fragment of the destroyed plane‘s shell holds the chance of becoming a plane in its own right, and I have discovered 33 of them so far. The majority remnant of the Arcanist Plane, has yet to get a new name, despite its many changes.

As for my apprentice, he lives in the middle of rural America.

Alseki.

Laurant Writing Romans.
Nowhere, everywhere.
A Zephyr; I sought to lustrate,
It flows everywhere yet nowhere.
Why won't it's beauty it illustrate?
Why is it's illusive grace so rare?
Why must these eyes of youths frustrate?
Why doesn't the elegance of the waft demonstrate?
All I asked is a simple question your grace,
May I know where is your place? :blobspearpeek:

Such an excellently written poem,
You sure are a poet.
Now tell me your location, Dew it

@RepresentingEnvy @RiaCorvidiva @J_Chemist @georgelee5786 @SsemouyOnan @Toast2Venus @CrimsonGenius @ElijahRyne

You all technically mentioned a place, which only means one thing.

Challenge accepted.

@2wordsperminute @BernKatstel

Thank you for the only genuine reply :blob_aww:

But I mean, what was I expecting asking silly people of the internet about their most intricate private information?

I had a laugh lol.

Though seriously, just go to someplace not very popular on google earth, a place you would want to visit which is unique, and send it here. I need more locations than castles and hell.

Last edited:

Yule

Snowdrop
There was a time when I went to a mountain in Hawaii. We parked at a sightseeing place, but I don't even remember what the sight was supposed to be. All I remember is that there were wild chickens everywhere. I'm not joking, there were more chickens than people. To this day I don't know why there were so many chickens up at a mountain.