Writing smut feels illegal lol

Jaymi

Gamer / Astronaut / Idol / Author / Vampire
Not too long ago, I came across a forum post that asked for people's opinions regarding smut, and it struck me how many people seemed to genuinely enjoy it. While I knew it was popular, given that like 40% of the stories on this site are smut. That post served as a reminder to me of how popular smut really is.

You see, I'm a bit too innocent-minded to read smut, let alone write it. I tried reading it once, and honestly, I can see the appeal, but it just wasn't for me; I felt way too flustered to concentrate, lmao. But reading through that post got me thinking about what it must be like to write smut. So, I decided to give it a shot, and holy shit, I felt like I was doing something ilegal. But I have to admit, it was kinda exciting. So, I guess you could say I've found a new guilty pleasure, lol.

SPS4

But reading through that post got me thinking about what it must be like to write smut. So, I decided to give it a shot, and holy shit, I felt like I was doing something ilegal. But I have to admit, it was kinda exciting. So, I guess you could say I've found a new guilty pleasure, lol.
Honestly, it's the closest I'll ever get to an exhibition kink. If bored couples can try to spice up their bedroom, why can't I do the same with my writing.

Not too long ago, I came across a forum post that asked for people's opinions regarding smut, and it struck me how many people seemed to genuinely enjoy it. While I knew it was popular, given that like 40% of the stories on this site are smut. That post served as a reminder to me of how popular smut really is.

You see, I'm a bit too innocent-minded to read smut, let alone write it. I tried reading it once, and honestly, I can see the appeal, but it just wasn't for me; I felt way too flustered to concentrate, lmao. But reading through that post got me thinking about what it must be like to write smut. So, I decided to give it a shot, and holy shit, I felt like I was doing something ilegal. But I have to admit, it was kinda exciting. So, I guess you could say I've found a new guilty pleasure, lol.
the one time i wrote pure smut felt like such a moment of weakness oop

TotallyHuman

I wrote smut once and I spent like thrice the time I would on normal stuff. I just went "damn this is cringe, I have to replace it. Jesus, this came out gross, have to replace it. No. Nope. Hell naw. This is a good turn of words but the thing itself is kinda icky, do I remove it? This is plainly anatomically incorrect... eh, will do, fantasy biology."

Jaymi

Smut and action scenes. The words just fly onto the page!
I really struggle with action scenes, what really flies onto the page for me is dialogue between my favorite characters.
SmutHub tempts yet another author to walk the unorthodox path sighs
I'm mainly working on 2 other stories, one sci-fi adventure and a dark fantasy isekai, both without smut ^_^

BlackKnightX

Let's admit it. It doesn't matter to what extent, we are all horny. Our instinct to procreate and maintain our species is deeply ingrained within us. So there's no reason to feel guilty about it. It's in our nature. So just accept and enjoy.

FatElf

For me, a good smut is one that isn't cringe to read.
There are some nice stories out there with some sexy scenes, but there are others where the smut, the dirty talking and everything else is like bad translated hentai.

Good luck with the new writing!

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Your experience was exactly like mine lmao my story got so much views... tf

overclockedw

Any threads on writing "good smut"? I'm mostly writing a tame story now but once I get more established I'd definitely like to try my hand at it too.

Slyfox00

I wrote smut once and I spent like thrice the time I would on normal stuff. I just went "damn this is cringe, I have to replace it. Jesus, this came out gross, have to replace it. No. Nope. Hell naw. This is a good turn of words but the thing itself is kinda icky, do I remove it? This is plainly anatomically incorrect... eh, will do, fantasy biology."
I know right? You pretty much have to just embrace the cringe otherwise it is impossible.

While so many works are hilariously anatomically incorrect I haven't yet taken the plunge to go that route, and besides it is like you said, fantasy biology hand waves away the multiple impossibilities!

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
too innocent-minded
I formed a different opinion on innocence after reading Heinlein's "The Tale of the Adopted Daughter," which you can find in "Time Enough for Love." Sex is an innocent thing if we have not been societally conditioned against it. None of us would be here without it, after all. It's society that lays guilt and shame on us for something that's as essential to the survival of our species as eating and breathing.

Jaymi

I formed a different opinion on innocence after reading Heinlein's "The Tale of the Adopted Daughter," which you can find in "Time Enough for Love." Sex is an innocent thing if we have not been societally conditioned against it. None of us would be here without it, after all. It's society that lays guilt and shame on us for something that's as essential to the survival of our species as eating and breathing.
tbh where i'm from sex isn't seen as a bad thing, parents talk about it with their kids to educate them young, we also learn about safe sex pretty early on in our school careers.
I'm still innocent minded in a awkward sorta way because thats just me, but im more innocent minded in the way that smut writers on here are just taking sex to levels i never even knew existed before lol. Interspecies sex, girls having pp's and poofs, torture, CP, self?sect? Everyone getting graped by goblins or animals and why not also let them get brainwashed and mind-controlled. people on here are crazy =3

I gues i'm just the wholesome type.