Calling for help

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I literally did the opposite of min-maxing. I didn't even try to stretch the definition of terms. I simply said casts in order, extremely obvious one.
I said I am not a min-maxing individual, nor was I inferring that you are. As in, when I create abilities, I do not have an obsessive grasp to label out all relevant information.
My only criticism had been that you had not planned for potential eventualities like Matcha.
You think that can stop me?
@Prince_Azmiran_Myrian
Nice try! I promise you, your hoard is screwed.
How do I know, Prince_Azmiran_Myrian?
Because even you have to pay taxes.
And that's why you'll lose.
BUM-BUM-BUUUUUM!

SailusGebel

I said I am not a min-maxing individual, nor was I inferring that you are.
Sorry for misunderstanding.
As in, when I create abilities, I do not have an obsessive grasp to label out all relevant information.
My only criticism had been that you had not planned for potential eventualities like Matcha.
Without rules it becomes a waste of time. My bad though, should've ignored it like I initially wanted to.

TheMonotonePuppet

No, because I will use my Sword of Damocles on them. Be as jealous as you want. You can never have this.
No... you won't...
Because...
This Sword of Damocles is the humanoid embodiment of Death and Taxes!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! You can't control or hoard them! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
if I leave, I get captured. But I have an ability which enforces no violence against me? Simple. I enforce no violence against me, I run as fast as possible for 50% of the duration, and I then do any and all I can to hide from any pursuers. They're not allowed to be violent against me, so when they yell at me to stop, I ignore them. what's their plan after that? Most traps that could've been set could be considered "potentially violent", assuming I hit my head due to the trap.

If that fails, I swallow the sword and store it in my stomach. done and done.

TheMonotonePuppet

Sorry for misunderstanding.

Without rules it becomes a waste of time. My bad though, should've ignored it like I initially wanted to.
It has rules. :s_frown: I had imagined both the scream needing time (because the human voice takes a while to build up to certain volumes. It's not a press-the-button-and-go type of thing) and the eye not instantaneously popping up at the high enough distance to be seen from 15 miles away. I just felt it was inferred. The time additions are there for a reason.:s_frown:

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
So there's this Lady. Her whole schtick is she handles things like Death and Taxes.

She would probably want a considerably long word with you :)

But alas, as Prince, you nust be rather Charismatically Charming, so who knows
She would commend me for understanding this so well.

TheMonotonePuppet

if I leave, I get captured. But I have an ability which enforces no violence against me? Simple. I enforce no violence against me, I run as fast as possible for 50% of the duration, and I then do any and all I can to hide from any pursuers. They're not allowed to be violent against me, so when they yell at me to stop, I ignore them. what's their plan after that? Most traps that could've been set could be considered "potentially violent", assuming I hit my head due to the trap.

If that fails, I swallow the sword and store it in my stomach. done and done.
You are captured. No traps are set. The metaphorical Sword of Damocles captures you and they are of such greater power that they can, in no way, be considered taking violent action.
Swords of Damocles are references to an apocryphal anecdote.
You are dead at the end of the 7 hours!
Dead Face Royalty-Free Images, Stock Photos & Pictures | Shutterstock

I am Prince, who am I paying taxes to? I am the one who taxes.
@Prince_Azmiran_Myrian I apologize, but I must say this...
You are royally fucked if you bring in your dragon lore into this. You will die for being [redacted to avoid spoilers for @LunaSoltaer and other readers].
And if you don't bring your dragon lore, then you are right where you started.
Stuck.
With only these powers to use.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

It has rules. :s_frown: I had imagined both the scream needing time (because the human voice takes a while to build up to certain volumes. It's not a press-the-button-and-go type of thing) and the eye not instantaneously popping up at the high enough distance to be seen from 15 miles away. I just felt it was inferred. The time additions are there for a reason.:s_frown:
You see, additional info keeps popping off. Solving a puzzle is only worth it when all the pieces won't change, or when there is a rule on how they change, some kind of sequence. Btw, you didn't even explain what "save yourself" means, I had to ask you.

TheMonotonePuppet

You see, additional info keeps popping off. Solving a puzzle is only worth it when all the pieces won't change, or when there is a rule on how they change, some kind of sequence. Btw, you didn't even explain what "save yourself" means, I had to ask you.
Explaining what saving yourself means is unnecessary.
The only goal is getting that someone there. That is your win condition.
Otherwise I would have to write more than a literal chapter's worth of information on top of what I wrote, and no one would read all that.

SailusGebel

Explaining what saving yourself means is unnecessary.
The only goal is getting that someone there. That is your win condition.
Otherwise I would have to write more than a literal chapter's worth of information on top of what I wrote, and no one would read all that.
Yeah, you didn't mention the goal. There was, and still is no win condition.

You are going to die. The Sword of Damocles hangs over your head. You are missing an arm.

However, you are also on a very nice beach of bright yellow sand with purple waters, and 15 miles away is someone who may or may not help you. You even have a few powers to help you. But be careful. You cannot run away or you will be captured and all plans are impossible.

• You have an inventory that stores 1 purse's of gold dust. Its openings can be located on any part of your skin.
  • You have an inventory in your stomach that can store as much as you want, but it will halve all available time you have.
  • You have an ability which can give you seven hours of enforcing no violence against you. But you will not be able to do anything afterwards.
  • You have a blast of magic that will make that someone who is 15 miles or 24 kilometers away pay attention to your direction, and any the results of any plans you make. However, this will shorten your time window what time you have left, be it 1 day or less, to 10 seconds.
  • You can make sealife go wild. This has 1 benefit that will give you 1 additional second.
  • Magic eyes can give you 1 additional second, but you must spend 1 hour
  • You can mind control yourself to do actions within reason.
  • You have a flashy immaterial eyeball that is visible from 15 miles or 24 kilometers away. It is not necessarily a sign of an SOS. It may shrink distance between you and that someone from 15 miles or 24 kilometers to 7 miles or 11 kilometers.
  • You can sing real good and loud. 1 mile range or 1.6 km range. You can scream real loud (7 miles or 11 km)
  • Your hand is unbreakable.
  • You can lengthen limbs to absurd lengths (I do not have a limit I can say with certainty until one makes a plan using it. Based on my judgement)
Save yourself.
Where are the words goal or win condition? I pressed ctr+f in case I'm blind, I see no mentions of goals or win conditions.

Prince_Azmiran_Myrian

🐉Burns you with his Love🐉
@Prince_Azmiran_Myrian I apologize, but I must say this...
You are royally fucked if you bring in your dragon lore into this. You will die for being [redacted to avoid spoilers for @LunaSoltaer and other readers].
And if you don't bring your dragon lore, then you are right where you started.
Stuck.
With only these powers to use.
Ah, but did you consider that I would reject your reality and institute my own. (Besides, your universe was never mentioned in op)
In my story universe, not-dragons are unfit to wield divine power, so there. (Elementry school foght continues...)

TheMonotonePuppet

Yeah, you didn't mention the goal. There was, and still is no win condition.

Where are the words goal or win condition? I pressed ctr+f in case I'm blind, I see no mentions of goals or win conditions.
You have it bolded. Get that someone. They may or may not help you. That is your goal. To get them to help you.
I do not label goal or win condition just as you did not need to explicitly say that you used the seven hour ability, and instead, only said that you would chill for seven hours.

SailusGebel

You have it bolded. Get that someone. They may or may not help you. That is your goal. To get them to help you.
I do not label goal or win condition just as you did not need to explicitly say that you used the seven hour ability, and instead, only said that you would chill for seven hours.
Someone who MAY OR MAY not help you = get that someone it's your win condition????

TheMonotonePuppet

Yeah. I'm just laughing at the aghastness. Any aghast answer is automatically funny. It's not mocking laughter or hysterical laughter.
Anyway, that is the win condition. Sure, there is a 50-50 chance you'll die anyway, but that's what @Dr.Quack 's answer is for.