My Thoughts on Kung Fu Panda 4

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
So, I just finished watching Kung Fu Panda 4, and I'll succinctly try to summarize my thoughts, starting with the negatives. The pacing was awful, I'll give the critics that. I really did feel like things were moving too fast at certain points, and this detracted from the impact some of the scenes were supposed to have. Like, Po or Shifu would say something profound, and they'd move on to something else in the next scene, leaving me looking like this:

And the Chameleon was the lamest, sorriest excuse of a villain I've seen come out of the Kung Fu Panda franchise. The most threatening thing she ever did was push somebody down the stairs, and I'm not even joking. 💀 I won't go into how she was defeated for spoiler-y reasons, but I really did think, "That's it?!" at the end, like @Zinless said.

But aside from those two complaints, it was aight. I particularly enjoyed the dynamic between Po and Zhen(even tho people seem to find her annoying). I also find that her character ties nicely into the overall theme of the movie, with her being a wanted criminal and whatnot. The absence of the Furious Five didn't even upset me (though the reasons they gave for this were shabby at best). All in all, I like the direction the series is going, so I'll give it a 7.5/10.

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
So, I just finished watching Kung Fu Panda 4, and I'll succinctly try to summarize my thoughts, starting with the negatives. The pacing was awful, I'll give the critics that. I really did feel like things were moving too fast at certain points, and this detracted from the impact some of the scenes were supposed to have. Like, Po or Shifu would say something profound, and they'd move on to something else in the next scene, leaving me looking like this:

And the Chameleon was the lamest, sorriest excuse of a villain I've seen come out of the Kung Fu Panda franchise. The most threatening thing she ever did was push somebody down the stairs, and I'm not even joking. 💀 I won't go into how she was defeated for spoiler-y reasons, but I really did think, "That's it?!" at the end, like @Zinless said.

But aside from those two complaints, it was aight. I particularly enjoyed the dynamic between Po and Zhen(even tho people seem to find her annoying). I also find that her character ties nicely into the overall theme of the movie, with her being a wanted criminal and whatnot. The absence of the Furious Five didn't even upset me (though the reasons they gave for this were shabby at best). All in all, I like the direction the series is going, so I'll give it a 7.5/10.
I was immediately discouraged on watching because theres no Tai Lung redemption arv

BigBadBoi

I was immediately discouraged on watching because theres no Tai Lung redemption arv
Check out the behinds the scenes shit for kung fu panda 4. They literally scrapped the idea for shifu and tai lung to reconcile at the end and other stupid shit. I dunno why anybody expected it to be good when they pulled the "new girlboss character to replace the MC" card so they can milk the franchise for eternity.
Also the actors for the furious 5 are either too expensive (angelina jolie costs 20 FUCKING MILLION to appear what the fuck) or not available so they don't appear in the movie.

Indicterra

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed 🎶
I one day aspire to create a villain like Shen, these days if you look at villains there are either evil for the sake of evil for no reason at all or Broken ones or villains who just look out greater good.

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
Ok movie overall. But once again it's another sequel for a movie/series that doesn't really need one.

TotallyHuman

it still continues? Tf

SPS4

It's weird seeing someone talk about a movie I'm literally planning to watch today. I just finished 1, 2, and 3 at home to gear up for 4 lol. Everyone has told me it's bad, reviews have been bad, I just can't stop myself.

SailusGebel

most Avengers villains (I say most because I have stopped watching the movies before they blew up)
Well, some old ones were evil for the sake of being evil. The ones in the middle were not. The last Marvel movie I saw was Doctor Strange, but I skipped some movies. So I can't really comment on this. But I don't really think it is even relevant, since the phrase was "these days". Even if you stretch the time limit, I don't think it's fair to say that "these days" is like ten years.