What are your Top 5 manga titles?

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Let me start~

1 - Detroit Metal City

Best metal-based comedy manga around. It just hits all the perfect points to be fun and those who are into the metal scene, make it even more funny.

2 - The Saga of Tanya the Evil

The manga is even better than the anime. Nuff said.

3 - Berserk

A classic. However, I am considering dropping it from my top 5 list because it will never be finished.

4 - Booty Royale

Erotic comedy at its best. Not hentai, close, but still teetering on edge with great humor.

5 - Tegami Bachi

I just adore the world that has been built here, and exploring it was so much fun.

Ps:

@SailusGebel You snooze, you lose! :blob_popcorn:

20th Century Boys + 21st Century Boys (epilogue)
I finished reading that thinking.
"I am done, I have finished "Manga"
let the credits roll. Nothing will be better than this."

MatchaChocolate69

Your Favorite Villain
Top 5 of my favorite Japanese manga.
Certainly there are better ones, they have their flaws, but these are the ones that have most represented parts of my life and that I always reread with pleasure without getting tired.

1 Death Note
2 Berserk
3 Dragon Ball
4 GTO
5 Ranma
EDIT:
6 Naruto

Last edited:

SailusGebel

1. Berserk. Anime scarred me. Now this manga is probably my favorite piece of art.

2. Masturbation Master Kurosawa. Despite a comical title, there's nothing funny about it once you read it all. I'm not strong in writing essays, especially the kind of philosophical essay that will sound deep and dissassemble each part of the work. And I don't think there's anything philosophical about this manga. To me, it is what it is. A simple story that uses a simple elements, yet ends up becoming something complex.

3. Shamo. I will be honest. I did not read Vagabond. Mostly because I'm scared of unfinished manga. Guess why. :blob_awkward: But from what I've seen in various reviews and comments about Vagabond, I would say Shamo is the antipode of Vagabond. Phylosophical manga about martial arts, but the MC will not become a better person.

4. GTO. A great comedy, great inspiration, comforting, warm.

5. Otoyomegatari. Probably another manga should've been here. But fuck it. I like romance. This is romance in a one of a kind setting.

Deciding which one is 3, 4, and 5 was fucking hard. I'm only certain in my top 1 and 2 picks. I can't imagine anything else in their place, even if I include manhwa or webtoons into equation. As for honorable mentions, there will be none, otherwise the list will be way too long.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Mine, in no particular order (this list is very prone to changes, especially since I often can't recall great stories I've read until prompted):
1. Organ Divider
2. Ruri Dragon
3. My Mom's a Superstar
4. Beauty and the Beast Girl
5. The Eminence in Shadow