Helldivers 2: Question

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Someone asked me, why does Super earth only send 4 men on a mission at time? Why not send all the helldivers on the ship at once. Why wait for someone to call for reinforcements?

Then he asked, what if each drop ship was cloning volenteers? The ship was dropping only one version of a Helldiver at a time so they didn't get confused, and having more than 4 people in a cloning array at a time overtaxed the system? What if you were no longer yourself, but a copy of a copy of a copy?

Then I shot the bastard for treason.

His replacement was much more democratic.

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
8ma7ra.jpg

Tempokai

Overworked One
Overly decentralized war + overpopulation + lack of budget + it's extraction shooter so it's just a gameplay gimmick

tyler89558

Helldivers are meant to go in, strike deep, then get out quickly. They’re special forces.

you’re not meant to fight hordes of enemies head on (though, in the event that you do, you have access to enough firepower to level a continent. But anyone whose played helldivers 1 can attest that stealth is king) which means there’s no real reason to send in much more than a small force to deal with important missions.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Someone asked me, why does Super earth only send 4 men on a mission at time? Why not send all the helldivers on the ship at once. Why wait for someone to call for reinforcements?

Then he asked, what if each drop ship was cloning volenteers? The ship was dropping only one version of a Helldiver at a time so they didn't get confused, and having more than 4 people in a cloning array at a time overtaxed the system? What if you were no longer yourself, but a copy of a copy of a copy?

Then I shot the bastard for treason.

His replacement was much more democratic.
Don't question the logic of one man army shooters. :blob_reach:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
From what I’ve seen, the Helldivers themselves are going past enemy lines to soften them up.

the regular army comes later, but you don’t play in the regular army.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
FBI deleting my anti-american posts... you'll never take me alive!!!

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
From what I’ve seen, the Helldivers themselves are going past enemy lines to soften them up.

the regular army comes later, but you don’t play in the regular army.
I don't think Superearth even has a regular army. I think main battle style of Superearth is orbital bombarding everything to dust, then sending glorious (expandable) Helldivers to the finish ground tasks, then they send some sort of police or garrison force to occupy the planet when no enemy is present.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
The hell divers aren't clones. If you don't change settings character voice will be randomized each death. Everytime a helldiver dies their gear and ship are inherited by another hell diver that replaces them.

The rest is just a theory.

Why only activate 4 soldiers at a time? Its obvious that deploying 30 soldiers at once would be more effective, but super earth is incredibly paranoid. What if they deployed an entire army of soldiers at once and those soldiers started a rebellion or started making bigger demands. Propaganda and indoctorination will never be %100 effective. So even if an entire unit of helldivers goes awol that’s only four people alone on a hostile and dangerous planet.

Tsuru

Robot
helldiver (helldivers) drawn by xianggang_jizhe

Because unlike normal wars, this war are on multiple planets. Trillions of soldiers. But what is this number compared to the gazimillions of kilometters of surface of planets ?

Its far more "efficient" to send soldiers do strategical strikes on important enemy assets.
-------

Also.
In most movies. Doesnt the main character destroy the "hive mind/core/whatever" and win the war?
What we are doing is the same thing, but in smaller size (bug nests/fabricators).

Eliminating the problem at the "source(s)"