Recommendations Modern shounen manga.

SailusGebel

Ahem, a couple of SH peeps might've noticed it. I am going through my backlog of modern shounen manga, and I need more recs. I've read Jigokuraku, Akane-Banash, Mashle, JJK, Sakamoto Days. Plan to read Dandadan and Kaiju No. 8 What else can I read? I only need modern manga, so start of serialization should be at least 2018. Also, please, check if it's shounen or not. I don't need seinen.

Last edited:

Enfabled

Undead Unluck is one of my favorite modern shonen. The first chapters have some weirdly out of place cliche perviness, but that is dropped fairly quickly. It's one of the best character driven shonen battle series I've ever read. Also, not sure if you mean shonen action anime only, but if not Akane-Banashi is another fantastic manga about the traditional Japanese storytelling art of rakugo. Mashle is a gag/action combination manga that I feel is better when it's leaning more towards the gag side of things, but I enjoyed its run well enough throughout.

SailusGebel

Undead Unluck is one of my favorite modern shonen. The first chapters have some weirdly out of place cliche perviness, but that is dropped fairly quickly. It's one of the best character driven shonen battle series I've ever read. Also, not sure if you mean shonen action anime only, but if not Akane-Banashi is another fantastic manga about the traditional Japanese storytelling art of rakugo. Mashle is a gag/action combination manga that I feel is better when it's leaning more towards the gag side of things, but I enjoyed its run well enough throughout.
Read Mashle and Akane-Banashi, thank you for reminding me. Will add Undead Unluck to the list.

So_Indecisive

Primordial sin of Sloth
Ahem, a couple of SH peeps might've noticed it. I am going through my backlog of modern shounen manga, and I need more recs. I've read Jigokuraku, Akane-Banash, Mashle, JJK, Sakamoto Days. Plan to read Dandadan and Kaiju No. 8 What else can I read? I only need modern manga, so start of serialization should be at least 2018. Also, please, check if it's shounen or not. I don't need seinen.
BlueLock is Shonen right.
BlueLock is Shonen right.
Also Blue Period

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Didn't like it, but I will check these two out.
Forgot Yozakura family. So many assassin comedy mangas these days. It has strange pacing. A series of slice of life and comedy type chapters that lead into an action focused serious arc, back into slice of life. I like the pacing but if you don’t like the sound of it I’d skip this one.

Glitched

Moth Mommy
Kimono Jihen
Twin Star Exorcists Manga(Dif from anime)
Heart Gear
Rebuild World

LilRora

Mostly formless
Kaiju No. 8 is good, I've read most of it. Iirc, the first episode of the anime was released yesterday.

Gachiakuta is a pretty good manga, not sure how it'll fit since it's kinda different from those you listed. A lot rougher art and characters.

SailusGebel

I might've read the wn vs the LN but I can't remember. I just know that one was way better than the other. Maybe it was the WN. If you at least appreciate the WN then we're cool.
In WN Akira went full psycho when that slum girl stole his purse, he ended up killing her. In manga(which is based on LN if I'm not mistake) he ended up forgiving her. Now tell me, why the fuck should I read manga? I don't like psycho characters or murderhobos, but Akira was a rare exception, since he was GRADUALLY turning into a normal person. I don't want to look at the bland-ass goody-two-shoes Akira who is your generic shounen MC. I want my mentally scarred psycho boy who was manipulated by AI. 😭