SHF High-school Fanfic

esThr

Wanna get yourself another limb? The first one is on the house. :blob_hide:

Very cool, but can you do this??!!
*does a backflip*
*floats in the air*
*continues to spin*
N-no thanks I am contend with 2 arms and 2 legs thank you for the offer though..

*What the hell did I get myself into?!?! I thought this was a school not a cannibal farm!*

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
I have awoken!
Sure!

Seat: number 67
Name: esThr
Info: Your local anti social netizen on the net! Nice to meet you.
Welcome to the stabbing list~
That being said.. I think I cleared up my mind now. So, what do we do in this.... class?
Nothing~
Although sometimes we destroy a few universes…

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
N-no thanks I am contend with 2 arms and 2 legs thank you for the offer though..

*What the hell did I get myself into?!?! I thought this was a school not a cannibal farm!*
Hmmm~? It’s not~
Humans just happen to taste pretty good…

SsemouyOnan

Bittersweet Cranberry Flavored Euphoria
🤩
Scientific Witchery in its essence, as it appears to my ignorant eyes. Now I'm really interested in reading something set in this universe that's not related to SHHS. I also wonder what genres you write and what your stories are like, the characters and themes, and how you connect everything. There's so much potential available in such a vast universe, and the role mathematics plays in it.
Most of my stories are going to be set inside Droplets, it's incredibly hard to have stakes in a world where nearly everything a character does is insignificant. Not to mention humans have advanced to the point where nothing short of complete and total erasure would hurt them. The selling point would be the exploration of such a setting and the sense of wonder, and so needless to say the descriptions have to be very colorful.
I have to be careful; I'm like Icarus with his wax wings, trying to get too close to the sun… and I realize how limited my vision is in this regard.
I tend to work on a smaller scale, I limit myself precisely because of my limitations.
And for that very reason, I think a smaller scale can work better. It doesn't matter if what's at stake is the universe, a city, or some random man's sock. What matters is how much you can make you readers, and by more importantly you - care about it. A smaller setting feels much more familiar and personal, you understand it well, others understand it well. It's easy to get invested in it as compared to something the size of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As long as you have a gripping narrative, you could make a single house feel bigger than things on a much grander scale.
I can play the event in easy mode; I tried, but I was obviously wiped out. Not enough DPS.
Want to borrow one of my IDs? I know for certain at least 3 IDs that can solo the stage... but none of them are Don IDs unfortunately so you'll have to tell me to set a new support ID. :blob_sweat:
:blob_melt: It seems like a great compromise as long as I don't end up among the corpses too. :blob_uwu:
Bold of you to assume Heroine Ssemouy would leave corpses
NO, DON'T-

*pat pat*

... Oh fuck, that means technically I'm on the list thanks to the forums timeline.
Do you want to be on the list? :blob_evil:

SsemouyOnan

Bittersweet Cranberry Flavored Euphoria
I'm just gonna have to force Ssemouy to pull for me ( ゚ヮ゚)
Don't, my dice rolls may be good but my gacha luck is nil :blob_pout:

Wanna get yourself another limb? The first one is on the house. :blob_hide:

Very cool, but can you do this??!!
*does a backflip*
*floats in the air*
*continues to spin*
Yes I can!
*goes to the highest point in the building*
*backflips off*
*"floats" in the air*
*continues to spin*
CRASH! 💥

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
Most of my stories are going to be set inside Droplets, it's incredibly hard to have stakes in a world where nearly everything a character does is insignificant. Not to mention humans have advanced to the point where nothing short of complete and total erasure would hurt them. The selling point would be the exploration of such a setting and the sense of wonder, and so needless to say the descriptions have to be very colorful.
If you think about it, it's the perfect metaphor for existence. Especially if one has a pessimistic view, that nothing we do really matters on such an immense scale that we can't even imagine, in a time where our passage isn't even a blink of an eye. Just like North, South, East, and West, up or down have no meaning in space-time, and that even time doesn't exist, yet in our small world, they are defining and impactful things. This flight of fancy is to say that essentially what matters is perspective, ultimately tying back to what you say, that there is a universe within us.
I've spoken out of turn (not a new thing), thanks for correcting me.

But it remains the fact that I'm intrigued by a shared universe, including the "Droplets." It requires a lot of initial groundwork, but once rules and characters are established, it allows you to save time on the next story and creates a sense of connection between everything the author does. It's not so different from what Tolkien did. Should I create my own universe too? I know for sure I'd like to visit yours first.

Description is definitely important in this journey, but so are the viewer and the POV. It reminds me of that episode of Futurama where Fry wants to go to the Moon as if it's something incredible, while the rest of his group considers it trivial.

Yes, I'm repeating a lot of obvious things, but it's an interesting topic I like to talk about.

And for that very reason, I think a smaller scale can work better. It doesn't matter if what's at stake is the universe, a city, or some random man's sock. What matters is how much you can make you readers, and by more importantly you - care about it. A smaller setting feels much more familiar and personal, you understand it well, others understand it well. It's easy to get invested in it as compared to something the size of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As long as you have a gripping narrative, you could make a single house feel bigger than things on a much grander scale.
Yeah, as I said before, I was talking nonsense. I also think a smaller scale is better; all your examples are fitting. It's a bit like Kafka's Metamorphosis, which is set mainly in an apartment, or one of my favorite movies, Buried. The story follows a man who finds himself trapped in a coffin underground with just a flashlight, a cell phone, and a few other items. In short, it doesn't take much to make a story significant. It all comes down to the writer's ability to make the reader care about what happens.
However, this principle can also apply on a larger scale. In the end, it's important to convey significance to the reader.

Want to borrow one of my IDs? I know for certain at least 3 IDs that can solo the stage... but none of them are Don IDs unfortunately so you'll have to tell me to set a new support ID. :blob_sweat:
Certainly! I don't know how to do it, but I want to use any of your IDs. I would really like that. I have no expectations.

Bold of you to assume Heroine Ssemouy would leave corpses
:sweating_profusely:
Guess I'll die :blob_ghost: