Is it worth it?

Jerynboe

My weekly updates are even shorter than that (about 3k) and people still seem to enjoy them. Not as many as when I managed around 9-10k a week, but that led to burnout. I’m not doing this professionally. I don’t have quotas. I write because making things brings me joy.

SPS4

I have literally disappeared for months on end with little more warning than an author's note. When I do write, I swing radically between 10k words a week to maybe 2k or 3k every week or two. People who want to read your stuff will read your stuff regardless of your upload schedule.

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I uploaded every 8 days before I pushed out a baby, and now I upload once every 6574 days.

greyliliy

An update a week is incredibly reasonable.

If you want to write ahead to have a little buffer just in case, that might be a good idea if you're aiming for consistency or specifically trying to gain new readers.

But if you're writing to write, update whenever you want. Lol.

den_forestt

4-5k words per week is more than reasonable. I'm trying this out full time and I'm hitting around that range, maybe 5-15k

doravg

136/4001 (finally counted the stories)
No.
Or that is what someone will tell you, if they think it is only worth writing, if you can make money out of it.
Just do what makes you happy.