Scribble Hub Forum

BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
i thank god every day for school and homework because it takes time away from children and keeps them off the internet
D
Deleted member 54065
Well, schools are supposed to be places where you should learn life skills, not a torture chamber.
ABCGUY
ABCGUY
Schols like i go there dont understand a thing and then i go home
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
same. standardized education has been the blight on children as a whole. most of the curricula are useful only up to the early 2000s. any useful, practical information you have to learn by either self-learning, experience, or connections.
D
Deleted member 54065
Can't help it, I guess? A lot of education systems in the world prioritize mass promotion instead of quality education.

It's not only students who suffer, see? Even us teachers get the brunt of stupid policies.
D
Deleted member 54065
Also, homeworks and subjects as a whole should ideally make sense to the student. Instead, because of time constraints, difference in learner abilities, and the quality of education materials, those are crunched into a certain time in a week...forcing both students and teachers to hurry up or no one will wait for them.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
I mean, looking from a purely utilitarian perspective, it's what a nation needs. The elites stay as the elites, while the lower class are trained to be cogs in a machine; easy to maneuver and very much replaceable.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Most artistic aspect of a nation usually comes from the outliers. Those kinds of talents aren't cultivated in public education, so much so that the structure is practically discouraged. Older you get, the less time you have to simultaneously succeed both academically and artistically, unless you sacrifice some aspect to your life.
Reactions: ABCGUY
D
Deleted member 54065
Yeah, one of the influences of Roman philosophy in education. Utilitarianism. Combine it with Confucian philosophy of educating the elites...and we got a systemic discriminatory education system that teaches you useful 'cog' skills, while the 'elites' are taught other subjects (mostly focusing on leadership, and similar stuff). One proof of this is the 'entrance examinations'.
PeacefulMyst
PeacefulMyst
Once our maths teacher asked us to write the same exact type of problems 100 times.
the worst part is she gave us 3 different types of problems. we had to do each type 100 times each. (no it was not the same thing. same type of problems but different questions. ofc it ended up with us doing the exact same thing several times to save the time it takes to do one.)
SakeVision
SakeVision
asmodeus
  • Haha