Scribble Hub Forum

BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Are you aware of the concept of torrenting?
yansusustories
yansusustories
I am but then, I still have several unfinished and even unplayed games so might as well play those first and then see if the price dropped already :sweat_smile: I do like to pay for stuff actually since I know a lot of work went into them. But there's simply a cut-off point where it becomes too much for me considering I really don't play that much.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Understandable, though to keep a good rule of thumb, if any of my games remain inactive for 4-5 months I'd just delete them and if I feel like playing again, reinstall and start all over.

It may only work for me, however. I play relatively short but replayable SP type games.
Zirrboy
Zirrboy
There's a decent entry barrier in terms of mechanics and play. While it's possible to play it on/off once you're past that, the initial stretch will unlikely be very fun by itself, even more so if the half hour session ends with getting curbstomped.

I'd point you to Dark Souls 3 if you want a try at a more affordable price, even if it's somewhat less visually impressive.
yansusustories
yansusustories
I usually play relatively often for a few weeks at a time, then go months or sometimes up to a year without playing at all. If I always restarted, I'd never finish anything :sweat_smile: It's difficult to remember where the fuck I was back then though ...
yansusustories
yansusustories
@Zirrboy, yeah, that's what I feared. The mechanics are usually the part I forget to fastest as well so it might indeed not be for me. I actually do have my eyes on the whole Dark Souls series as well because it looks nice to me. I don't mean looks just graphics-wise, actually. It's more like ... it gives me a nice feel like I might enjoy that with how everything comes together?
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
I recommend trying out the Dead Rising franchise. It's difficult, but not mechanically so like FromSoft titles. It's more taxing in decision making and player choice of either bringing more food or weapons, or forgo side quests so you have more time to complete the main scoop. Don't write them off as just another zombie franchise; save for DR4. It's fucken terrible.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Plus, they're VERY short games as their campaigns run on a timer but they're very challenging and replayable games. I finished 1 and 2 on the same week, the latter twice already. They literally encourage you to fail in your first run so you can map out a better route for a more thorough run in your second.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Plus, they have these save slots that are Groundhog Day-esque. Basically, when you finish a game, you can port that save to a new game and retain your character level. Like a new game+, but the feature's entirely dependant on whether you want to start fresh or with a nuke up your ass.
yansusustories
yansusustories
Oh, that actually sounds really awesome! Since I don't play much, I've actually never tried anything in the zombie genre but it should be interesting! :blob_aww:
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
I'd recommend starting with 3 as it's the easiest, but if you're a stickler for understanding the story, I'd recommend you start with 2.

DO NOT TOUCH DEAD RISING 1 UNLESS YOU'RE FAMILIAR WITH THE FRANCHISE MECHANICS.
yansusustories
yansusustories
Thank you for the warning, that does sound like I should stay far away from it :blob_blank:
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Not to stay far away from it, but to avoid the Vidya equivalent of a soggy butt pounding it's best to approach Dead Rising 1 with apprehension as it exceeds challenge and enters sadistic punishment