D
Deleted member 57675
:blob_pat_sad:
Anon2024
Anon2024
How many times do you go over it?
Me six times:
1. Rough Draft
2. Check for Readability in dialogue as well as consistency for each character.
3. Check for plot point errors, holes, etc
4. Check scenes for tension.
5. Word flow/tone
6. Any final grammar mistakes.
Anon2024
Anon2024
My webnovel:
1. Rough Draft
2. Slight grammar editing...
Lol
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
So my process is
1. Write without stopping
2. Check grammar/punctuation/spelling
3. Release chapter
4. Finish story or arc
5. Go back and edit to make sure that there are no plot holes/problems that readers complained about.
6. Go back to working on the next arc or story
7. Get feedback
8. Finish arc and edit the whole thing from start to finish.
9. Get feedback again
10. Edit it all again (I am here)
11. Repeat
Anon2024
Anon2024
So basically you write based on feedback rather than it being purely your own concept. What I wrote up there was just how I edit lol.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
No. I write purely based on my own concepts 100% but I take notes on what a reader has to say about the technical side of the story. Such as being told I need to work on my dialogue in the next draft or being told that my character descriptions are lacking. I keep the concepts that I come up with but I alter the technical stuff that can be bettered over time.
Anon2024
Anon2024
Poor choice of words on my part. My mistake. "concept" was the wrong word. Proper word would have been "internal perfection idea" or something similar to having your own ecosystem on what should be a 'perfect' story.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
Though, using feedback to better oneself is one of the pinnacles of getting better at anything in general. If I didn't accept feedback and use it then I would never get any better. Same for most of not all people.