Scribble Hub Forum

Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
It did surprise me but with how popular both are, it would make sense for some people to like both.
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Btw, I haven't read Sherlock Holmes, but I like soviet movies about him.
georgelee5786
georgelee5786
Berserk is a classic. A literary masterpiece. I never read Sherlock Holmes. Mystery stuff doesn't catch my interest most of the time.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
Most mysteries have a lot of characters with little to no depth. The characters are generic and meant to fill a specific purpose for the mystery which can make it plain. Holmes is different as both he and Watson have depth and interesting personalities that are independent of the mystery but also affect it.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
That's why it's so enjoyable compared to others. Same with any mystery from Agatha Christie. I would give it a read.
georgelee5786
georgelee5786
Christie made Poriot, right?
Paul_Tromba
Anon2024
Anon2024
Well, I don't know if Berserk is a "literary" masterpiece, but it's definitely a masterpiece. I'm only stating so because the medium is very different and story telling via comic/pictures is very different from writing words. The saying "a picture is worth a thousand words," kind of applies.
Paul_Tromba
Paul_Tromba
Yeah.
georgelee5786
georgelee5786
Note, Anon doesn't believe Berserk is a literary masterpiece. Suspcious. Must investigate further.
Anon2024
Anon2024
@georgelee5786 I believe it's a comic or story masterpiece, but literary implies or is defined by the written word. Berserk is a more visual medium.
SailusGebel
georgelee5786
georgelee5786
Anon's been vindicated.