Mellohwa
Mellohwa
and the context is out running a huge monster
Lorelliad
Lorelliad
Carefully.
K5Rakitan
K5Rakitan
Yes, breastfeeding requires a lot of strength in the first few months. In modern society where your friends bring over casseroles so you don't have to forage for berries, it is mostly upper body strength, though.
K5Rakitan
K5Rakitan
Unless you're ridiculously strong and can just hold it up to your breast the entire time, you're constantly rearranging pillows or long strips of fabric to try to get comfortable with that little bundle of joy. Since human breasts double as decorative objects, most are not suited for little mouths and must be compressed by hand in order to ensure adequate latch.
K5Rakitan
K5Rakitan
Holding your breasts like that for 15 minutes on each side several times a day leads to hand cramps at first, but you eventually get used to it. Things get easier later, though.
K5Rakitan
K5Rakitan
At seven months, my son started climbing on top of me to nurse and no longer needed me to compress my breasts for him. I had to defend myself from kicks in the face, though. It took some time for him to learn not to kick Mom in the face, and he likes to test out his teeth when he gets new ones.
K5Rakitan
K5Rakitan
I can't post nudity here, but look up this piece of artwork:
Deux Meres (Two Mothers), 1888