BenJepheneT
i;m scar#d of m7self sometimes too
Slaire
Slaire
Jinkies! Just avoid reflective objects.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
how about introspects?

would the conscious mind be afraid of its own sentience?
  • Haha
Reactions: Yorda
Slaire
Slaire
Of course, especially when you started examining the nature of mind.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
have I sold myself to my own world?
Slaire
Slaire
It's kind of f*cked up for me. I still can't differentiate the mind from the self. I've been think about that lately. But hey, "Cogito, ergo sum." always save me.
Reactions: Yorda
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
but who's really thinking? you or the mind
Slaire
Slaire
Ahhhhhh, not that questiooon!
Slaire
Slaire
Don't you think "thinking" needs both self and mind to work?
Slaire
Slaire
Hey, I got to wash the dishes. I'll read your thoughts later. Bye Bye
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
a.i. can think, but does it require self?

in my perspective the mind does the thinking while the self acts upon it. both need each other to exist but as technology advances further into the cyberspace, our mind may not need a physical state to carry out its actions.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
i fear the day our mind becomes so advanced that we might lose ourselves
Slaire
Slaire
For me, it is a coexistence. The mind is simply the totality of our cognitive capability, which includes thinking, reasoning etc. While the self is the identity of the mind, it is responsible for introspection. Unlike the brain, they exist beyond the realm of matter, which means the brain and, the mind and the self are hardly the same.
Slaire
Slaire
We have a pretty much the same answer. :D
Slaire
Slaire
What do you mean by losing oneself?
Slaire
Slaire
I'm quite confused about the cyberspace. I'll assume that it's all about the takeover of the A.I. on our minds. I can't be sure.
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
im just saying that conscience may grow so strong that it can forgo the self. what if the mind is detached from the self and can, at anytime, control us autonomously to upload themselves into the cyberspace, where they have no use for us and stripping our raison de tere; the habitat of the mind