Scribble Hub Forum

Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
How do we move with no money? Wheres thiis magical mobility with no money? Once again, stop watching hollywood. You're not ready for it.
Yorda
Yorda
Well, feasibly, if you're in a tight pickle, enough to be sleeping on the streets but still employed with a minimum wage job, you work 40 hours in a week $10 per hour, it's possible to save something like $300 in a week and rent a crappy room in another city for a month. Bus fare. Research soup kitchens and food banks in that locale. Secure another minimum wage job there.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Pretty sure I didn't say 40. I said 20. It actually said 30 originally but that was a mistake
. Typing on phone. Also, as for all of the research you mentioned, renting a place in a other city as well as bus fare......do you realize how large NYC is? There are no buses going OUT of the city that would be economically feasible just to head back in the next morning.
  • Haha
Reactions: Yorda
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Can you imagine the hours needed for going to and back? That's just stupid. Soup kitchens. I clearly said I did frequent such places when I was in such economic difficulties. You just didn't read it.
Yorda
Yorda
No! I mean get a full time job doing anything somewhere else and when you ride a bus out of new york it's one way. Never go back, especially to a 20 hour/week job.
Yorda
Yorda
Find any new full-time job in another city, rent a cheap room in that city, leave new york forever and live in that new city where life is affordable.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Once again, I don't think you understand that its no as simple as just "go out and get a full time job!!!"". First off, what full-time job? Most jobs that are full time, require experience. Which at the time, I clearly didn't have. So tell, what full-time job? Thats the big question I need you to enlighten me on.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
You don't just "go out and get a full-time job". Thats the main reason cheap labor, fast food restaurants, and part-time wages are becoming more and more common. You're starting to make less and less sense. I feel like you've never really had to go out and seriously look for something.
Yorda
Yorda
I see. It's impossible to get a full-time job. It's impossible to get 2+ part-time jobs to fill more work hours. It's impossible to leave the city. It's impossible to work more than 20 hours/week. It's impossible to afford rent anywhere other than New York. It's impossible to save money. There is no other place in the country you can move to and live.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
I never said it was impossible to get multiple part-time jobs, I said mobility plays a factor as well as hours. It works in shifts just like full-time. It is very possible to find multiple part time jobs, its also common for hours to conflict since usually, many people are also vying for the same part time position and are available during the hours you're not. I fell into this very hours/location/mobility trap.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
This is especially common if your looking for places within a certain radius. So yes, I would need to venture out further to look for another part time job. So how would I do this is if I don't have mobility. . No car. I'm not sure if the law is the same now, but you must be registered as living somewhere at some address to file for a bus pass.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Which at the time, still cost a certain amount a month to continue to possess. This would eat a noticeable amount out of any income. There are other variables that you're blindly ignoring. ONce again, I don't think you've ever been in a position where you had nothing or so little. You don't sound like it. I feel like you're projecting from a standpoint you're not qualified to debate from. At least not on this topic.
Yorda
Yorda
I see. It's impossible to get a full-time job. It's impossible to get 2+ part-time jobs to fill more work hours. It's impossible to leave the city. It's impossible to work more than 20 hours/week. It's impossible to afford rent anywhere other than New York. It's impossible to save money. There is no other place in the country you can move to and live.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
I see. So, you're repeating yourself. So you have nothing else? That's all?
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Yes. Impossible to get a full-time job. No prior experience. Not impossible to get multiple part times, but since part-time jobs in a large city have many people vying for the same position, I lost out and couldn't fill in certain hours due to prior engagements. Not impossible to work more than 20 hours, if you have multiple part times or can be promoted. .
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Which I wasn't because my position was easily replaceable if I asked for a raise or more hours. No, I coulkdn't afford rent anywhere else. It wasn't impossible to save money, but it takes time. So still, can spend several years saving money.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
I've stated the problems with simply "moving out of the city". With what money? How would I afford the downpayment on this new place outside the city even if I had the funds to leave it in the first place? You're just being ignorant now
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Again, I don't believe you've ever been in a similar situation. You seem pampered. Though I can't judge by how much since I couldn't possibly know if its true or not. I'm only guessing. I don't immediately assume I know. Unlike others. Hint hint.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_hmm: Something happened here, but what?
Sabruness
Sabruness
i'm way over on the far other side of the pacific but isnt NYC supposed to be insanely expensive to comfortably live if you arent either rich or have a really high playing job?
Reactions: Yorda