Paul_Tromba
melchi
melchi
Agentt is sleeping me thinks.
Aaqil
Reactions: Agentt
Don_Quacko
Don_Quacko
I couldn't find any articles referencing what you said but a similar demonetization occured in March 2016 so you might be confused here.
Don_Quacko
Don_Quacko
If i remember correctly after the 2016 demonetisation digital transactions and the number of tax filers increased also a considerable amount of black money was recovered (but a major part of the black money remained as it is because some folks arranged a bunch of people who could deposit money in their own account and later transfer it to them for small commission)
Don_Quacko
Don_Quacko
But the demonetisation caused a sudden large scale wave of unemployment in unorganised sector and in some places like nagpur it had a negative impact on the Mid day meal scheme as the demonetised cash was used to buy raw material.
Don_Quacko
Don_Quacko
People qued up in long lines near banks to change the notes and lots of ATM's went out of service so there was a huge lack of usable currency for transactions.
Don_Quacko
Don_Quacko
The ones who were most severely affected were the farmers , labourers and truck drivers.
Don_Quacko
Don_Quacko
In my locality peeps had to barter some stuff and they bought stuff from Shops, if open , on credit.
melchi
melchi
In 2023 it looks like they were getting rid of the a note introduced in 2016.
Don_Quacko
Don_Quacko
I remember when my grandma argued with an street vendor for about half an hour because she thought the vendor was scamming her with a non existent 2000 ₹ bill.