Scribble Hub Forum

Sleds
Sleds
To add more context, 100 chapter earlier it was written that elves find the one with transformation abilities disgusting and even banish them from the kingdom. 100 chapters is long? Well, yes, but since the start of chapter 101, it was part of the main plot and often reappeared.

Do I really suck that much when writing for a reader to be lost at that level?
BernKatstel
BernKatstel
Doubtful. There are just those types of readers. They skim through the chapters and only register certain things
Reactions: Sleds
dummycake
dummycake
you don't really need context to know that the elder, and maybe the rest of the conservative elf society, don't like her transformation...
Sleds
Sleds
Hope so, they started to appear in my last two chapters.
Sleds
Sleds
@dummycake True, but it was just to said that with ALL that scene, there even more context before it, and that was written clearly.
dummycake
dummycake
at that point, if the reader can't clearly see what's happening, they should probably check their brain
Reactions: Sleds
SailusGebel
SailusGebel
Sleds
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
I think at this point you just need to put casual racism just a few chapters before major wing tearing moment. In case the readers are sleeping behind their reading equipment.
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
For example.

Elf 1: I like trees
Elf 2: I like green
Elf 3: FUCK BOD MODDING *@!<(!
dummycake
dummycake
is it racism if they're the same species?
NotaNuffian
NotaNuffian
Eh, no.

It is spell-ism? Genom-ism? Depends on the transformation ability being what type and put suffix -ism.
dummycake
dummycake
it's just discrimination...
dummycake
dummycake
I think you just wanted to say "casual racism"