Scribble Hub Forum

Generic.Archdemon
Generic.Archdemon
That's just me googling for the last.... 10 mins?
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Bah, not really, it is just a matter of responsibilities, but penal is usually state, and incest specifically is banned across the country. Theoretically, the mods would need to remove every incest story a priori. :blob_melt: But apparently, they don't care about these violations.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
:blob_melt: Btw, I doubt it is Arizona as Arizona has 16 as age of consent.
UYScuti
UYScuti
I don’t think any of those laws apply as books are protected by the first amendment unless they have pictures in them.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
Doesn't matter. It is the policy of the site, and they clearly state that illegal activities are banned, such includes obviously incest.

Many don't understand the 1st amendment, it is a right to say, not a right to publish or to be heard.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
It is a fundamental right applicable only in resistance against the State, vertically, but not horizontally.
UYScuti
UYScuti
The owners of this site choose whether they want to host something on it. So I have no problems with taking down stuff that isn’t allowed/violates the TOS. Just saying, I don’t think the penal codes matter.
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
The penal code matters. They refer to "illegal" sexual acts in the content guidelines. Illegal is only what is contrary to the law. Ergo, penal law matters for classification purposes as they determined it as their outside source.
Generic.Archdemon
Generic.Archdemon
Ok this is interesting.... SO from what I gathered, SH is protected by Cloudflare against DDoS, located in Canada, The registra for the site is namecheap, located in Phoenix, AZ,

But here is the interesting thing about internet law, from what I skimmed of law lexicon and Principles of Jurisdiction on cyber.harvard.edu (that's a thing?) Also, I encourage people to read it incase I misunderstood it.
Generic.Archdemon
Generic.Archdemon
It works like this, internet site follows the laws of the people affected and fundamentally all governments can exert jurisdiction over a website. What that means is, say Dave live in a place there reading DD is illegal, and read a book about DD the local authority has grounds to sue SH.
UYScuti
UYScuti
Ah ok, I understand what you mean. I haven’t read much in the way of smut, so I’m not sure what they’re writing. I heard of underaged stuff getting kicked. Every now and then I’ll check a chapter to see funny descriptions. Like “with and audible pop.” I thought of the sound pickle jars make when reading that.
Generic.Archdemon
Generic.Archdemon
where Steve from elsewhere, where reading DD is not illegal, to read the same book, local gov have no ground to sue.. so essentially... if SH wants to NOT follow the laws of a place, it needs to block all people of that place from accessing the site. OR follow the rules of all places in the world
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
You can catch a glimpse of it in the privacy policy ...
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
The transfer of personal data to recipients outside the EU/EEA is generally prohibited unless:

the jurisdiction in which the recipient is located is deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection;
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
the data exporter puts in place appropriate safeguards (e.g. binding corporate rules; contractual arrangements with the recipient of the personal data, using, for example, the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, adherence to a code of conduct or certification mechanism together with obtaining binding and enforceable commitments from the recipient) or
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
So how do they determine where exactly Steve or Dave are reading their DDs from? IP addresses or something much more intricate and fragile?
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
As I understand it, most laws apply to the location where the website is hosted, in this case, that's public data:
Assurbanipal_II
Assurbanipal_II
So we can perfectly report every story that includes incest ...
BenJepheneT
BenJepheneT
Well good luck on the purge I guess. It'll be an uphill battle but hey, all the best