Scribble Hub Forum

minacia
minacia
Biology is my jam yo!
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Biology is terrible. I thought it was things to do with animals (no idea why I thought this but I did). And oh my freaking buddha Chemistry was horrible. I dropped out after a week. They had us trying to memorize whole Periodic Table the first two weeks and then expected us to test on the whole thing after a month. Screw that!!!
Devils.Advocate
Devils.Advocate
hm... I think I had very good teachers... I built catapults to knock down crate forts in physics. and made flame throwers with chem teachers...hmmm now that I think about what we're the preparing me for...?
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
War. They were preparing you for war. Thank them. They taught you well.
UYScuti
UYScuti
Is this HS or college physics? If you were doing that in college physics I’m jealous. Equations. Derive equations. More equations. That’s college physics in a nutshell. Although, advanced physics lab wasn’t bad.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
@UYScuti I'm an ardent hater of mathematics so what you described sounds like Hell in August.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
UYScuti
UYScuti
:blob_sir: I believed by earning a degree in physics I would changed the world. Whew :sweating_profusely: guess the world wasn’t interested in what I had to say.
Devils.Advocate
Devils.Advocate
hmm... I also had a class in fencing, I was fascinated with sword fighting and learned the sabre... but I hated it.. I didn't know why. But thinking back now I realize my teacher was an self important elitist, that was just very bad at teaching
(`へ´)=3
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
@UYScuti

Souns terrible. Same with history. It's currently being rewritten with todays politics in mind and I'm appalled by it. I've already seen the newer "history books" passed around in schools and I'm disgusted. Main reason I'm planning to move to Wales. I've even been in contact with some family in Ireland discussing potential terms.
minacia
minacia
Well, history is always written with the current narrative in a sense. It's always been that way throughout history~
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Yeah but todays politics are disgusting and I want no part of it.
minacia
minacia
^^; I think a lot of people hate politics in one fashion or another
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
It seems to me, like in the pursuit of more views(driven largely by revenue generation), the 24 hour news cycle kicked off this never ending cycle of "breaking news" where instead of reporting on things, people look for things to create stories about, add in drama and arguing, then the internet, and tribe mentality and all this "us vs them" bullcrap and here we are.
Devils.Advocate
Devils.Advocate
for the uninitiated which definition of "politics" is the one that people hate?
minacia
minacia
A lot of people say they hate "politics" but I think a lot of people mean different things by it
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
All of it.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
I mean everything from people arguing about the Annoying Orange Man, or his Corporate Puppet opponent, to game tournaments banning the freaking OK hand symbol, to people butting into other's lives and business over their personal life choices that have no fucking bearing on their life at all. Either everyone has freedom of choice or no does, someone has just as much right to own a gun as they do love who they want.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
Had the char limit make me shorten the end, to clarify, I guess I just hate it when someone is like, "I have the right to own a gun, but I'm going to tell you who you can love, or what to do with your baby."
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
Live and let live, that's my philosphy.