Scribble Hub Forum

Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Bleh. I find people hating on Trump amusing. Never any proof behind accusations. And I found the hate on Obama amusing too. There was this big thing about his birth certificate that I just thought was bizarre. People take their politics and run to the looney bin with them.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
'-'
That sounds more like an American thing...
...for the most part.
>w<

X
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
It probably is American. Well....the French have a yearly habit of burning Paris as of late so maybe it's spreading.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
Absolutely. People get worked up about anything anymore it feels like. We're allowed to disagree and be our own people, no one needs to cancel anyone else, ideally, we all can discuss things like adults and have some common ground somewhere, and at the end of the day, we don't have to agree on everything, just understand and respect one another.
Nahrenne
Nahrenne
That would then be more of a European capitol city phenomenon.
'-'
Don't quote me on that, though.
My advice is don't look at the capitol cities in Europe to see the culture of the country, since they're all in their own bubbles completely different from the rest of their countries.
It's too centralised.
orz

X
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
Sorry if I got a bit wordy, it just, annoys me to no end how things seem to be going. I don't like the idea of forcing an opinion or ideal on anyone. Discussion and debate are great, but this my way or the highway crap drives me nuts.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
At this point, I've developed such an anti-patriotic attitude, I'm convinced I'd be joining up with the invaders if someone ever had the gall and ability to invade. They can't run us any stupider than we are doing it ourselves.
UYScuti
UYScuti
:blob_hmm_two: I don’t think people need to understand or respect each other necessarily. They can hate in any way, as long as they do not aggress upon you.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Can't have hate without aggression. Don't believe me? Walk around NYC during the 5 O'Clock rush hour. If you DON'T see someone throwdown than I'll call you a liar.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
I guess, Scuti, I was talking more about people who pretend to want to have a discussion or be open-minded but really they just want to force their ideals on you, or cancel you or worse if you disagree, really, as long as someone doesn't bother me, I have no interest in bothering them.
UYScuti
UYScuti
“People have a right to be assholes” - demolition man.

As long as someone is not verbally assaulting, physically assaulting, threatening your family or livelihood, using the force of the state to create issues for you, etc. you are free to think what you want and associate with who you want.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
Walk around NYC during the 5 O'Clock rush hour.
I can believe it, solely from watching Loius Rossman's bike rambling as he goes to/from work. It's funny when someone does something stupid and a random explicative happens and then he just goes back to talking like nothing happened.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
Oh yeah definitely. I like the fact that I have the right to call someone a cunt and its okay. Though I usually use more colorful words.
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
100% Scuti!
If I sounded like something else I apologize, I probably just explained it poorly.
UYScuti
UYScuti
I understand what you mean FP. I’m just saying. If someone decides they don’t like you for your lifestyle or vice versa, then they are free to not like that and neither party needs to respect the other.
Discount_Blade
Discount_Blade
@Freesia.Cutepearl

Some of the best brawls I've seen have happened outside a fast food restaurant cuz someone skipped in line during the 5 O'clock hour.

And man, old people driving and getting stuck in traffic. "Move it you fucking jerkoff!!!" might as well be the sounds of nature in the city.
Devils.Advocate
Devils.Advocate
hmm... interesting... I only know of a few varieties. of "politics" one being "the way groups make decisions and resolve conflicts. and managing ppl with conflicting ideas"
unfortunately, I am guilty of it on a regular
(⊙﹏⊙∥)
Freesia.Cutepearl
Freesia.Cutepearl
I guess when I say respect in that sense Scuti, I mean in the sense of, "you do what you want, and I'll do what I want, and we'll mutually agree to stay the fuck out of each other's way, mkay?"
UYScuti
UYScuti
See, I agree with that FP. People are free to be assholes. You don’t need to respect assholes, nor do assholes need to respect you. Just leave each other alone.

As for fighting in the streets :sweating_profusely: Damn curb.
UYScuti
UYScuti
Oh, is that guy on an electric bike? Kind of, loading somewhat. Powers back now. I wanted to get an electric bike, not sure it would work well here though.