NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Throw @Cascadian into the fire

GRILL IT!!! GRILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!

Nooooooo~~~!!!!

I am oddly entertained.

TwilightForest

Being myself
Just wanted to share this vid of Jenna Moreci's 10 Worst Romance Tropes. Not sure if any of you know her. Personally, I haven't read any of her works but I find her videos to be funny. If her humor is not your cup of tea, then oh well.

P.S.
The reason why I put this here in Discussions & Writing Tips is coz you might find some of what she says to be sensible.

That's all. On to the video!

Omg I just laughed through the video! I won't take part in the controversy, 'cuz it's not worth it, but I must say that some of what she says is true.
That said, it's just a hilarious video imo.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Omg I just laughed through the video! I won't take part in the controversy, 'cuz it's not worth it, but I must say that some of what she says is true.
That said, it's just a hilarious video imo.
Yeah. I thought her reactions were damn funny which is why I shared the vid. The topic was just a bonus but it snowballed for other people. Glad you were entertained :blob_highfive:

TwilightForest

Being myself
Yeah. I thought her reactions were damn funny which is why I shared the vid. The topic was just a bonus but it snowballed for other people. Glad you were entertained :blob_highfive:
First of all, her facial expressions were comical to the point that they clearly revealed her intention. She just had fun pointing out them herself and I did what she intended her viewer to do. I laughed heartily.
Thank you for sharing~

taesijr123

I freaking laughed at the whole video...
This is why I will probably avoid focusing on romance.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I'll Do all the most sins she wrote without even thinking about it.

Pistachio

I love tropes and I’m a firm believer that there’s no such thing as bad tropes, only bad execution. That being said, some tropes can be executed in such a formulaic manner that overtime it leads to a cliche so I suppose this would make them “worst”.

Speaking of tropes, have you guys ever visited tvtropes.org? They have like a cool section wherein they give a situation that shows how a particular trope is downplayed, exaggerated, averted, played straight and etc. This post just reminded me of that site.