Writing Prompt A Bad Ending

SsemouyOnan

Scientific Witchery
You got soooo close, but this is past mending. You got the baaaaad ending.

I have too much hope inside my system. Please promptly take it out by writing a bad ending. The topic may be anything(ex: a what-if of your main story, a random scenario, a short fanfic etc.), as long as the situation is evidently hopeless with no way out for the main parties involved.

PS: I got deja vu from making this prompt, thought it might've been done before. A quick search comes up with nothing tho, do inform me if you did find a thread with similar intentions already.

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
that's a rather optimistic story.
indeed. captured and tortured would be much worse. Or better yet, "[unrelated character] open's his eyes. he glances over at his clock and realizes he's late for school. He gets up from bed and makes his way downstairs for a quick breakfast. What had been that dream? It felt... so real... Like he actually was [MC]. He had a harem and everything. He had been living the dream! He stops and looks at himself in the hallway mirror. Nope. Still the same plain guy he'd always been."

Underload

Actually, unless the world ends, and by that I mean the civilization is razed to the ground and the planet is destroyed, no ending is truly a bad ending. Every bad ending is just a series of stations on the way to the real destination. Cause there is usually only one bad guy. Or something like that.

Missivist

Okay, this is basically my least-favorite kind of ending... the baddest ending of all...

The tall man dropped his empty gun, backing away from the broken glass of the bar's front door. "I think this is the end," he said to the half-naked dancer who had, once again, led him into trouble.

"Nonsense," the curvy redhead replied as she ducked behind the back counter. "It's just a hiatus." She had expected a very different kind of action, before the bullets started flying.

"It's what now?" he asked her, frowning as he pulled out his old knife. His wit was no sharper than his knife, even without her distractions.

"A temporary interruption. At least I hope so," she explained in frustration. She still just wanted him to join her behind the counter, but then she heard the faint sound of rubber-soled shoes on the broken glass outside.

[Sorry, guys! I need to pause this story for a few days.]

...and then they are never heard from again.

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
Hmmm this sounds fun. Although, I think I should save actual writing for April Fools or something. And the funny thing is, with where the story is currently, the entire main party would be killed or effectively killed by the shockwaves of the big bad and the opposition fighting.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
You got soooo close, but this is past mending. You got the baaaaad ending.

I have too much hope inside my system. Please promptly take it out by writing a bad ending. The topic may be anything(ex: a what-if of your main story, a random scenario, a short fanfic etc.), as long as the situation is evidently hopeless with no way out for the main parties involved.

PS: I got deja vu from making this prompt, thought it might've been done before. A quick search comes up with nothing tho, do inform me if you did find a thread with similar intentions already.
Air fizzes up your throat, a bass edge to it vibrating from your stomach. It swells. With air, with pain traveling up its walls? It is unknown what your gut clenches with.
You glance to the door nervously, and then back to trying to do something productive. Your breathing stops because you don't have enough focus - too sick, all meanings meant - to do what you want and to breath, which you don't want. The expectations lead to phantoms, expecting someone you know to interupt what you are doing. Little ones, old ones, controlling ones will politely knock to make you listen. Your mouth opens, air moving in and out as you try to find the words because you must respond. You have no choice but to respond.
The rage at this senseless obligation... everything from the corpse of an anxiety attack stifled in its infancy to the visceral disgust with yourself that you have to get the motivation to get your bum off of your bed... it fuels your pained haze.
The cold pain everyone feels worse than you clutches at your chest. The winnowed remnant of the hatred loops around the bones of your rib cage, incandescent cold colors furiously freezing your chest. Your eyes tremble and dry in the lukewarm air. They burn at the edges with a heady numbing. A grin stretches your face as you work through the crumbling masks at your disposal. So perhaps the burning of your eyes was due to venomous joy scuttling across the wrinkles spiderwebbing around your eyes.
You walk out the door.
No one has spoken, but needles are already being sunken into your ears.
Then they talk.
Nails on a chalkboard screech.
You don't remember what they said. Or what you said. You screech internally "I'm fine, I'm fine. Leave me alone! I'm fine! I'm fine! You don't need to ask me anything! I'm fine! It's pointless! Everything is so pointless! There is no problem. I'm fine. I'm fine. I'm fine."
You rush down the stairs, hoping they don't say one more thing.
And then they don't say anything! Yippee! And you worry that they will talk more later. Or right as you do something productive. Screeching. More screeching.
You bang your fist against your shoulder in a mime. In your happy dreams, you got a sharper thing than you can get your hands on. You are a regular clown, you promise yourself. A snigger escapes your lips.
You lean back into the soft cushions, sinking super de dooper far, trying to hold back laughter.
"Ahhh..." you sigh contentedly.
You won't achieve any pther dreams, but you still have something concrete to work towards for the rest of your life.