A bug or am I just ignorant?

Pistachio

So, I scheduled an update for every chapter of my story every Sunday at 10:00 pm (GMT+8); 1 chapter per week. Chapter 4 was published 32 minutes go so I checked if it did publish as scheduled and to my surprise, the 'Chapters/Week' section had turned 2, instead of the previous 1. I don't know how this happened as my buffer chapters were scheduled on the same day and time, and I would like for it to return to 1 since I'm a slow writer. Did I do something wrong or what? Please help :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
So, I scheduled an update for every chapter of my story every Sunday at 10:00 pm (GMT+8); 1 chapter per week. Chapter 4 was published 32 minutes go so I checked if it did publish as scheduled and to my surprise, the 'Chapters/Week' section had turned 2, instead of the previous 1. I don't know how this happened as my buffer chapters were scheduled on the same day and time, and I would like for it to return to 1 since I'm a slow writer. Did I do something wrong or what? Please help :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:
Double check on your side if it was your error or not. If not, you should post the problem here:

https://forum.scribblehub.com/forums/suggestions-bug-reports.5/

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
The frequency thingy is buggy. Sometimes it jumped to 4chap/week when I just uploaded 2chap/week.

Rinne

Professional Headpatter
If I recall correctly the Chapters/Week stat takes all chapters in the past 30 days and calculates the mean value of those. And then it rounds up.
So if you just uploaded a chapter the mean value goes slightly over 1 and the stat rounds it up to 2.
That's also why in the first 30 days of a series the Chapters/Week stat is rather unreliable since it still calculates with 30 days.

Rather than a bug, I think that's more an issue with the calculation method.
Do correct me if I got something wrong on that, though.

Pistachio

The frequency thingy is buggy. Sometimes it jumped to 4chap/week when I just uploaded 2chap/week.
If I recall correctly the Chapters/Week stat takes all chapters in the past 30 days and calculates the mean value of those. And then it rounds up.
So if you just uploaded a chapter the mean value goes slightly over 1 and the stat rounds it up to 2.
That's also why in the first 30 days of a series the Chapters/Week stat is rather unreliable since it still calculates with 30 days.

Rather than a bug, I think that's more an issue with the calculation method.
Do correct me if I got something wrong on that, though.

I did not know this, hmm, guess I'll just see what's going to happen after a month. Thanks!