A Forum Place to Specifically Put in Poetry

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
I'm not saying I'm a great poet or something, but I like reading poems and what other people do with the craft and yes, I also have stuff I could be posting. I usually roam those fields, so I had been looking for one, but with no luck. Or is there one and I am blind?

Stealthy_Enigma

(❀⁠≽ᆺ≼)⊃~~~~✧ ꧁Floofy Ninja!!!꧂

˝/\__/\˝ ✨️
(✿◠⁠ᆺ◠⁠)👍

TheKillingAlice

Schinken

˝/\__/\˝ ✨️
(✿◠⁠ᆺ◠⁠)👍
I guess Writing Prompts could work?
Hmm, but Writing Prompts are Writing Prompts. I'm looking for a simple, free subcategory, where you could post whatever fits the topic, not a Writing Prompt, which is bound to be restrictive, because it is a Writing Prompt and someone's specific Thread. I don't know, doesn't have the feeling I was looking for, with a place where you could collect threads just like this, but open up your own as well.

Like Artist Creation. Poems aren't Stories, so by the rules they cannot be posted as a book, just like random Art can't. But for Art there's a place, that's why I was requesting one for Poetry. I don't know if it's hard to do, but yeah, my reasonings and such.

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, having a Thread is better than nothing, it's just not what I was looking for.

Last edited:
I'm not saying I'm a great poet or something, but I like reading poems and what other people do with the craft and yes, I also have stuff I could be posting. I usually roam those fields, so I had been looking for one, but with no luck. Or is there one and I am blind?
Creations.

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
Create a new account, make make poetry in profile posts.

Like this
Yeah, finding another forum is not the problem though. I was looking for something like that on Scribble Hub, which didn't exist, at least not to my knowledge, which is why I'm here, requesting one. It defeats the purpose of telling me to leave the forum of Scribble Hub, when my point was to request a space like that here on Scribble Hub, because I wished for one here.
Again, if it's hard to do, fair enough as is. But that redirection I take personally.

finding another forum is not the problem though
I am not saying you need to go to another forum tho.

I meant that if a new subforum is not created, due to lack of community support for it, you CAN make a profile page just for poems. Like that person did on nuf.

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
I am not saying you need to go to another forum tho.

I meant that if a new subforum is not created, due to lack of community support for it, you CAN make a profile page just for poems. Like that person did on nuf.
Fair enough. But again, that wouldn't work here. I mean, sure sad if it doesn't work out, but I will just wait first.

Motivation

Hmm... me thinks Author General would also work, after all poem is writing...
or even Artist General would also work unless, people don't consider poetry artistic...

:blob_hmm::blob_hmm::blob_hmm::blob_hmm:

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
From my understanding of Literature, there should not really be a difference between the writing of Poetry and Novel.

Sure, the way of presentation, as in the form, might be different, but ultimately, it is still the creation of a world of imagination made by the author using words.

Contrary to Art, in this case restricted to the Graphical Art, a Poem and a Novel are both piece of art which attain meaning through the use of vocabulary. Unless you are going for some real modern poetry (like Concrete Poetry, where you are going to be making meaning through both the use of words and the place of these words in the selected medium) placing poetry alongside graphic art would be, to say the least, weird.

Of course, the somewhat abstract nature of poetic language can still pose a challenge for the average reader, but Novels do not have to restrict themselves in their use of poetic language, even not presenting poetic language in the form of "poems" anyway...

The days we live today are days when there is no definition between what is a what anyway. People who try to separate things, this is poetry, this is novel, this is romance, this action, are confusing things more often than not...