A new grimdark monster hunter story

Simo

A lazy sloth
Would appreciate if you guys can give it a go!

Last edited:

SailusGebel

From that one chapter, I can say that the only similarity is that there are people, abyss dwellers(witchers), who hunt monsters. Other than that, it doesn't resemble books or the universe.

Simo

A lazy sloth
From that one chapter, I can say that the only similarity is that there are people, abyss dwellers(witchers), who hunt monsters. Other than that, it doesn't resemble books or the universe.
Aye, I’m simply going for a similar vibe, other then that then the story is an orginal

SailusGebel

Aye, I’m simply going for a similar vibe, other then that then the story is an orginal
It's probably a miscommunication as we have a different understanding of the word, vibe. I didn't see a similar vibe. I saw a similar idea that there is a special group of people who hunts monsters. When you said you wanted to write a similar story, I expected that you wanted to replicate the worldbuilding and atmosphere of the book, and in my understanding, this is vibe. However, what I've read was an in-your-face reference to the witcher's monster hunting, the sword on the back, thinking about haggling the price, and the low price itself.

I understand that it's only one chapter, but first of all, you asked for an opinion yourself. Secondly, there is nothing in this chapter that relates to the atmosphere or worldbuilding of the witcher. In fact, you can say that you decided to use the idea from Monster Hunter World, and nothing will change, as both your story and the game has monster hunting in them.

Simo

A lazy sloth
Aights, I shall removed this forum post then 🥲🥹
It's probably a miscommunication as we have a different understanding of the word, vibe. I didn't see a similar vibe. I saw a similar idea that there is a special group of people who hunts monsters. When you said you wanted to write a similar story, I expected that you wanted to replicate the worldbuilding and atmosphere of the book, and in my understanding, this is vibe. However, what I've read was an in-your-face reference to the witcher's monster hunting, the sword on the back, thinking about haggling the price, and the low price itself.

I understand that it's only one chapter, but first of all, you asked for an opinion yourself. Secondly, there is nothing in this chapter that relates to the atmosphere or worldbuilding of the witcher. In fact, you can say that you decided to use the idea from Monster Hunter World, and nothing will change, as both your story and the game has monster hunting in them.

SailusGebel

Oh no, please don’t. You had a point, so its fine )
If you don't forget about this small conversation, you can PM me once you have more chapters(5-10), and maybe my opinion will change. After all, it's way too early to make a judgment after reading one chapter.