Active time

What times are you most active on SH? (UTC time)

• 12:01 am to 2 am

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2:01 am to 4 am

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 4:01 am to 6 am

• 6:01 am to 8am

• 8:01 am to 10 am

• 10:01 am to 12 am

• 12:01 pm to 2 pm

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 2:01 pm to 4 pm

• 4:01 pm to 6 pm

• 6:01 pm to 8 pm

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 8:01 pm to 10 pm

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 10:01 pm to 12 pm

• Total voters

BluePheasant

For most writers, one of the most sought after questions is "What is the best time to post on SH?"
Many have their own opinions on the matter, and no one can give a clear answer. So I thought, why not just find it out, ourselves?
I think I'm speaking on behalf of many writers here when I request you guys to participate in this poll. (You can choose multiple options)
An advanced thanks to you guys.

SailusGebel

There is no such thing as the best time to post. However, you won't like this reply, so I will add another one. Your thread is useless because you don't take into consideration the day of the week. For example, the best times to post on Monday and Sunday will be different.

D

Deleted member 54065

The best times would be the times when most people are online. However, it depends on the country, territory and set of people, so a target audience in mind would be nice. When I was posting here, I release my chapters on weekends, because common sense dictates that many have nothing much to do during those days (I'm talking of work and/or school stuff).

BluePheasant

There is no such thing as the best time to post. However, you won't like this reply, so I will add another one. Your thread is useless because you don't take into consideration the day of the week. For example, the best times to post on Monday and Sunday will be different.
Yes, I'm aware of that. There was no way people can be certain when they are gonna be always active. That's why I asked about which times they are most active. Just for a general idea. For your information, all the countries do not have the same holidays either. And on holidays most can also be active in their usual time since their regular free time doesn't change that much. So it shouldn't be that much of a difference.

And if this thread is useless or not, it's a subjective matter, not yours to decide.
The best times would be the times when most people are online. However, it depends on the country, territory and set of people, so a target audience in mind would be nice. When I was posting here, I release my chapters on weekends, because common sense dictates that many have nothing much to do during those days (I'm talking of work and/or school stuff).
Yes, but most writers here publish in more than 2 days. Actually, most big-time web novel writers publish almost every day. So they have to count both work days and non-work days.

D

Deleted member 54065

Yes, but most writers here publish in more than 2 days. Actually, most big-time web novel writers publish almost every day. So they have to count both work days and non-work days.
If you can write a lot of chapters per day, or have a huge backlog, the best advice I can give you is to experiment. My story has a large backlog before (100 chapters before I started posting here), so I tried determining the 'best hours' to post my chapters. I experimented releasing chapters in certain hours, and certain days, but everything was for naught because SH peeps come and go. So, the site population behavior varies over time.

That's why, I agree with @SailusGebel 's observation that questions like this would be kind of useless (no offense intended) because the demographics are continuously shifting.

Add to that, the forum isn't as reliable because only a few users answer surveys like these. What if another group of audience (the largest one, let's say) logs in another time, but they don't answer because they're lazy, or are not aware of this thread? It defeats the purpose of this, see?

The number of users you see that are 'online' in the forum are actually the users online/active in the main site too, which is also counted/shows here, btw. So no one really knows how many people are browsing the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

SailusGebel

Yes, I'm aware of that. There was no way people can be certain when they are gonna be always active. That's why I asked about which times they are most active. Just for a general idea. For your information, all the countries do not have the same holidays either. And on holidays most can also be active in their usual time since their regular free time doesn't change that much. So it shouldn't be that much of a difference.

And if this thread is useless or not, it's a subjective matter, not yours to decide.
You can make this thread while I can say that it's useless. I simply shared my opinion as I'm no mod to decide anything. I don't know why I can't say this and why you reacted that way.

And by the way, you also forgot that people might change jobs, people might change their sleeping schedule, and so on. All of this affects the time their most active on SH.

And lastly, making general ideas based on people from the forum isn't great, no matter how you spin it. Because we are all extremely biased here. Not only that, some people don't even read works from SH. They can answer in your thread, but they don't read anything. And you will still count their opinions?

BluePheasant

If you can write a lot of chapters per day, or have a huge backlog, the best advice I can give you is to experiment. My story has a large backlog before (100 chapters before I started posting here), so I tried determining the 'best hours' to post my chapters. I experimented releasing chapters in certain hours, and certain days, but everything was for naught because SH peeps come and go. So, the site population behavior varies over time.

That's why, I agree with @SailusGebel 's observation that questions like this would be kind of useless (no offense intended) because the demographics are continuously shifting.

Add to that, the forum isn't as reliable because only a few users answer surveys like these. What if another group of audience (the largest one, let's say) logs in another time, but they don't answer because they're lazy, or are not aware of this thread? It defeats the purpose of this, see?

The number of users you see that are 'online' in the forum are actually the users online/active in the main site too, which is also counted/shows here, btw. So no one really knows how many people are browsing the forum.
Yeah, I know about opinions like yours and @SailusGebel on this from other threads with the same topic. My purpose here was not to hear things like "It doesn't work like this and impossible to find out." I didn't ask to know about the best time here, right? My purpose was to see the result of the poll. And experiment according to that probability, if it works or not. And if I'm gonna be random with the time, then why not just go with this result?
You can make this thread while I can say that it's useless. I simply shared my opinion as I'm no mod to decide anything. I don't know why I can't say this and why you reacted that way.

And by the way, you also forgot that people might change jobs, people might change their sleeping schedule, and so on. All of this affects the time their most active on SH.

And lastly, making general ideas based on people from the forum isn't great, no matter how you spin it. Because we are all extremely biased here. Not only that, some people don't even read works from SH. They can answer in your thread, but they don't read anything. And you will still count their opinions?
Because you are a well-known and respected member of this forum. Thus your subjective opinions influence other members greatly. So you have to be careful about what you say, and clearly mention that it is your subjective opinion on the matter if it is. That's why I had to argue this way, to keep you from influencing others too much and let my point stand out too.

Last edited:

SailusGebel

And if I'm gonna be random with the time, then why not just go with this result?
I didn't think of it. Sorry for the unnecessary rambling.
Because you are a well-known member of this forum, so your subjective opinions influence other members greatly. So you have to be careful about what you say, and clearly mention that it is your subjective opinion on the matter if it is. That's why I had to argue this way, to keep you from influencing others too much and let my point stand out too.
I highly doubt that my opinion affects anyone. Especially considering how I stated multiple times that I'm stupid. But considering how you are new, you probably didn't know the previous fact.

D

Deleted member 54065

Yeah, I know about opinions like yours and @SailusGebel on this from other threads with the same topic. My purpose here was not to hear things like "It doesn't work like this and impossible to find out." I didn't ask to know about the best time here, right? My purpose was to see the result of the poll. And experiment according to that probability, if it works or not. And if I'm gonna be random with the time, then why not just go with this result?
For most writers, one of the most sought after questions is "What is the best time to post on SH?"
Many have their own opinions on the matter, and no one can give a clear answer. So I thought, why not just find it out, ourselves?
I think I'm speaking on behalf of many writers here when I request you guys to participate in this poll. (You can choose multiple options)
Just want to point out that your question/statement is like this, so it's bound to get misunderstood. And yes, we've been here for long that we're telling you what we've experienced. If you wish not to hear those, you could've put it in your statement, just to be clear, and I (at the very least) would steer away. After all, this is a forum, and everyone is free to chime in the conversation, unless otherwise noted.

Peace out.

D

Deleted member 57675

The thing is though, a 6pm for you may mean a 10pm or 4am to someone else.

I did hear someone. @ElliePorter or @Sabruness erhaps who said they figured it out. Someone said at 2pm don't know.

BluePheasant

The thing is though, a 6pm for you may mean a 10pm or 4am to someone else.

I did hear someone. @ElliePorter or @sabrunperhaps who said they figured it out. Someone said at 2pm don't know.
I mentioned "UTC", and UTC is the Coordinated Universal Time and is the same everywhere.

D

Deleted member 57675

I mentioned "UTC", and UTC is the Coordinated Universal Time and is the same everywhere.
But how we go about it in a day is different. Let say 2pm UTC. But at 2pm UTC, someone could be just getting out of high school, vs someone else round the world, at 2pm UTC they just woke up in the morning and heading to work.

BluePheasant

But how we go about it in a day is different. Let say 2pm UTC. But at 2pm UTC, someone could be just getting out of high school, vs someone else round the world, at 2pm UTC they just woke up in the morning and heading to work.
Yeah, I know. That means they can't be active during that time. They will be active at some different times. That's the point. To find out which time has the most active readers. I guess the forum isn't the best place to seek the answer, since most don't visit the forum. But I don't have much other choices, right?

D

Deleted member 57675

My bad probably was trending formula, no formula on posting time.

Anyhow I need stop dillydally and let others not be lazy and do the work to search the forums up. Logging off.
Yeah, I know. That means they can't be active during that time. They will be active at some different times. That's the point. To find out which time has the most active readers. I guess the forum isn't the best place to seek the answer, since most don't visit the forum. But I don't have much other choices, right?
I think its the way one words it.

Here we procrastinate. Maybe try SH main site's lounge.