Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
"Yeah something that was made of magical ingredients would most likely cost piles of gold coins after all, maybe even more than a wagon full the higher the efficacy." I Continued "The healing process is a bit interesting, internal injuries you say? yeah they are quite dangerous. I've decided that I'm going to learn about the healing process in the future." I'm most likely going to study man medicines and potioning to do that, Maybe I can try to research some magic that speeds up the healing process? invent a new kind of healing magic with copious amounts of research?

"Hmmmm, if you could put them into breakable containers, maybe something like an intestine balloon you could grab it and crush it over a wound before bad stuff gets into the wound?"
"Of course, that would way too expensive."
That was, perhaps, the most important factor. Why would you waste magical ingredients to make a simple healing potion? Unless someone severely needs it. It is likely that the price is gonna ward away most potential customers once they see it.

"As for the idea of breakable containers... I think that's possible but it would greatly reduce the efficiency of the potion. Which may or may not make it useless. It would depend on the original efficiency of the potion... it may also be wasteful since the liquid might just not affect only the wound once you crush the intestine ballon I think you would need to personally order these kind of potion to the apothecary. Or-- simply use alcohol on it, good alcohol to be precise."

Leegood

"Of course, that would way too expensive."
That was, perhaps, the most important factor. Why would you waste magical ingredients to make a simple healing potion? Unless someone severely needs it. It is likely that the price is gonna ward away most potential customers once they see it.

"As for the idea of breakable containers... I think that's possible but it would greatly reduce the efficiency of the potion. Which may or may not make it useless. It would depend on the original efficiency of the potion... it may also be wasteful since the liquid might just not affect only the wound once you crush the intestine ballon I think you would need to personally order these kind of potion to the apothecary. Or-- simply use alcohol on it, good alcohol to be precise."
I nodded So those game items are not really practical here "The herbs seem to be the expensive factor, please the knowledge of how to make potions also makes potions pricy huh. Though for efficiency you can try to use the offal of magical animals? Though that would also make the potions expensive for the average layman but proficiently strong warriors would want something convenient and they can trade in the offal of the monsters they hunt in exchange for some containers and potions." I shook my head

"Ah well, I think I'll do a bit of research on potions before I could discuss it further."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Vicious' Little Problem [OPEN / @Bochi @ohko]

If it had been an average day, Vicious would have been distracted by such a move. In fact, there was even a good chance of her becoming rather embarrassed.

But unfortunately for Okarin, the day had been rather strange for the Liberi, and she was about to make it stranger.

Vicious was naturally blunt and held nothing back when it came to talking. When conversing with people she didn't know too well, she'd put on a mask of politeness, except for rarer occasions when she was called out.

But when talking to people that she took a liking to, the Liberi would show a small, subconscious fault. She would start to tease.

And in Okarin's case, with how she reacted to the teasing, a little side of Vicious very rarely seen presented itself.

The Vanguard Operator was just a little bit sadistic.

So she used her other hand and lifted Okarin right off the ground, carrying her in a princess carry. The Liberi continued smirking, talking in a singsong voice.

"Go on~ I'll be here all day."

Okarin's slime color visibly flushed purple, and they yelped at being picked up.

"V-Vicious! There are people watching!" They protested.

"I... I..."

The slime person had no idea how things had gotten here. When they had woken up today, it had been a perfectly ordinary day. Things weren't supposed to have gone so quickly! It was too fast! Too unexpected! Okarin wasn't prepared for this!

"I want to be your herb slime!"

Their voice was desperate-sounding with such an emphatic statement.

"I want to be able to help you!"

Last edited:

Bochi

Okarin's slime color visibly flushed purple, and they yelped at being picked up.

"V-Vicious! There are people watching!" They protested.

"I... I..."

The slime person had no idea how things had gotten here. When they had woken up today, it had been a perfectly ordinary day. Things weren't supposed to have gone so quickly! It was too fast! Too unexpected! Okarin wasn't prepared for this!

"I want to be your herb slime!"

Their voice was desperate-sounding with such an emphatic statement.

"I want to be able to help you!"

"So there are, indeed...well, doesn't that make it better?"

Okarin's first statement ended up tickling the Liberi's sadism further. She leaned in, gently nipping one of Okarin's ears with her mouth...then the second statement made her pause.

The third statement saw the Liberi gently kneeling to put the slime down, before silently getting back up once more. She took a couple of steps backwards, expressionless.

"I'm sorry."

She turned around, staring in the other direction.

"Pardon me. May whatever passes for gods in heaven bless you a thousand times and more for what you've just said, Okarin, but I cannot. A maiden's first confession is a precious thing, and it shouldn't be wasted on one such as I."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"So there are, indeed...well, doesn't that make it better?"

Okarin's first statement ended up tickling the Liberi's sadism further. She leaned in, gently nipping one of Okarin's ears with her mouth...then the second statement made her pause.

The third statement saw the Liberi gently kneeling to put the slime down, before silently getting back up once more. She took a couple of steps backwards, expressionless.

"I'm sorry."

She turned around, staring in the other direction.

"Pardon me. May whatever passes for gods in heaven bless you a thousand times and more for what you've just said, Okarin, but I cannot. A maiden's first confession is a precious thing, and it shouldn't be wasted on one such as I."

Something about Vicious’s words made Okarin feel upset.

...No... angry.

It’s not a waste!” They suddenly had an outburst.

I refuse to believe that it’s a waste!

They were huffing slightly, wobbling on their feet.

I’ll chase you! Even if you run away, I’ll find you! I’ll follow you! And it’s not a waste!

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
I nodded So those game items are not really practical here "The herbs seem to be the expensive factor, please the knowledge of how to make potions also makes potions pricy huh. Though for efficiency you can try to use the offal of magical animals? Though that would also make the potions expensive for the average layman but proficiently strong warriors would want something convenient and they can trade in the offal of the monsters they hunt in exchange for some containers and potions." I shook my head

"Ah well, I think I'll do a bit of research on potions before I could discuss it further."
"I suppose I am the same, while I speak. Everything I say come secondary sources, so I have only a smattering of knowledge regarding potions... All I can say is that kind of market, which concerns the offal of magical animals and such is unavailable to us. Neither am I familiar with it. Unless we seek information, ask shopkeepers-- and not the cheap ones. We will not be able to know much more about it."
In all honesty, I did not expect to have a fruitful conversation with Letianna. But so far, I am delightfully surprised. While there were magical creatures in my previous world, they were rare. Warriors, as well, were not as strong as the ones here.

--or it could be that just some adventurers are freaks. It is probably the case.
"I guess I will make some research once I have the time. As for now, and unfortunately, I have other matters in mind. And those are for the least troublesome."

Leegood

"I suppose I am the same, while I speak. Everything I say come secondary sources, so I have only a smattering of knowledge regarding potions... All I can say is that kind of market, which concerns the offal of magical animals and such is unavailable to us. Neither am I familiar with it. Unless we seek information, ask shopkeepers-- and not the cheap ones. We will not be able to know much more about it."
In all honesty, I did not expect to have a fruitful conversation with Letianna. But so far, I am delightfully surprised. While there were magical creatures in my previous world, they were rare. Warriors, as well, were not as strong as the ones here.

--or it could be that just some adventurers are freaks. It is probably the case.
"I guess I will make some research once I have the time. As for now, and unfortunately, I have other matters in mind. And those are for the least troublesome."
"It's best to to take care of primary matters first of course, ah I have to get back to the tavern, talk to you later."

Gaap

『Lazy Bum』『Scrubber』
"It's best to to take care of primary matters first of course, ah I have to get back to the tavern, talk to you later."
"Aye, see you soon. I will take care of my quest in the meantime! And well, good luck!"

Bochi

Something about Vicious’s words made Okarin feel upset.

...No... angry.

It’s not a waste!” They suddenly had an outburst.

I refuse to believe that it’s a waste!

They were huffing slightly, wobbling on their feet.

I’ll chase you! Even if you run away, I’ll find you! I’ll follow you! And it’s not a waste!

"Oh, Okarin..."

Unlike previous cases, this was one hundred percent her fault for leading the slime on, and Vicious regretted it a lot. Yet she had to be stern, else she'd regret it even more down the line.

"I only have so many years left in me. You, on the other hand, have your whole life ahead of you. Things change, my innocent little girl. Let it end now, unhappily, perhaps, but still salvageable. What will be will be, and what won't be...just won't. It's impossible."

Her own clenched fists were shaking.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Oh, Okarin..."

Unlike previous cases, this was one hundred percent her fault for leading the slime on, and Vicious regretted it a lot. Yet she had to be stern, else she'd regret it even more down the line.

"I only have so many years left in me. You, on the other hand, have your whole life ahead of you. Things change, my innocent little girl. Let it end now, unhappily, perhaps, but still salvageable. What will be will be, and what won't be...just won't. It's impossible."

Her own clenched fists were shaking.

Okarin lept forward and pulled Vicious into a hug.

"I refuse! Rejection! I reject this! Rejected! Invalid!"

The slime person was especially stubborn now, almost childish.

"I'll make impossible things possible! I'll do it! I'll definitely do it!"

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Nene's Injured? Ah! (open) @AliceShiki

While I was getting off my shift I spotted Nene walking into the guild with the injured person's walk Which is a walk where they pretend to not be hurt but are hurt in some way "Nene what happened to you?!" Her outfit was torn in various places Was she attacked on her journey? I spoke "Can you get to the guild's break room or can you walk?" Of course I'm going to help her walk along the way.

Was it that return the egg to the kuukuu quest she went on? Ah the outside world really is too dangerous, I knew it's that quest since that what she reported to the receptionist just now but from my short period of knowing her she most likely jumped off a cliff to catch an injured bird or something. Argh!
I was really regretting not having any methods to heal people right now What If I got injured in the future and was in the wild? I'd only have myself to take care of, no large hospitals to slowly heal me back to full health.

I decided I was going to learn how to heal.
Nene's Injured? Ah! (open) @AliceShiki @Leegood

"Miss Letianna...? Oh, I'm sorry for worrying you, I just got a bit wounded and a bit sick...

"I can walk on my own though, I just need to move slowly... I appreciate your worries though."

Bochi

Okarin lept forward and pulled Vicious into a hug.

"I refuse! Rejection! I reject this! Rejected! Invalid!"

The slime person was especially stubborn now, almost childish.

"I'll make impossible things possible! I'll do it! I'll definitely do it!"

So young, so innocent. Vicious couldn't see even a speck of herself in Okarin. Unlike her who grew up fending for herself every step of the way, the little slime still hadn't yet seen the harshness of necessary evil. And it was best that she didn't---the Liberi had experienced enough to not wish it on even her most hated enemies.

She wanted to spare the innocent Okarin heartbreak, but that was no longer possible. The only thing she could do was to minimize the pain as much as possible.

So when the Liberi spoke again, her tone was chilly, harsher than the Siberian winds.

"From the start, our paths weren't meant to cross. You are a native of this world. I am a visitor, a foreigner. Perhaps under other circumstances things could have been different, but we're long past that point. Yours is a lake, floating and housing little animals that live there year after year. Mine is a river; always on the move, never stopping until my waters run into the sea, or dry up. The two water bodies will never merge. It just won't happen."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

So young, so innocent. Vicious couldn't see even a speck of herself in Okarin. Unlike her who grew up fending for herself every step of the way, the little slime still hadn't yet seen the harshness of necessary evil. And it was best that she didn't---the Liberi had experienced enough to not wish it on even her most hated enemies.

She wanted to spare the innocent Okarin heartbreak, but that was no longer possible. The only thing she could do was to minimize the pain as much as possible.

So when the Liberi spoke again, her tone was chilly, harsher than the Siberian winds.

"From the start, our paths weren't meant to cross. You are a native of this world. I am a visitor, a foreigner. Perhaps under other circumstances things could have been different, but we're long past that point. Yours is a lake, floating and housing little animals that live there year after year. Mine is a river; always on the move, never stopping until my waters run into the sea, or dry up. The two water bodies will never merge. It just won't happen."
Okarin felt tears welling in their eyes as they hugged Vicious even tighter. The Liberi hadn't pulled away yet, so Okarin was fully intent on taking in every last little drop.

The slime person was selfish. Okarin was aware of this fact.

They were also incredible stubborn.

Okarin would have never gotten this far if it weren't for this fact.

"Slimes don't live... for very... long." Okarin murmured quietly.

"We're a little bit like flies, you see? Back in the world where I came from, slimes are at the bottom of the food chain. I have hundreds of siblings but I don't really know any of them... because most of them got eaten. For food. And stuff."

The hesitated for a moment.

"It's a really... surreal... thing... to be human. To be able to look forward to a future. To worry about the future."

"...But it's also very... not-slime."

Okarin looked up into Vicious's eyes.

"How am I supposed to smile if I always feared the future?"

Leegood

"Miss Letianna...? Oh, I'm sorry for worrying you, I just got a bit wounded and a bit sick...

"I can walk on my own though, I just need to move slowly... I appreciate your worries though."

"No." I supported nene to the break room and let her lay down on the bed "you need lots of rest, stay here while I call for a guild doctor and get something for Nene to eat."

i hurriedly left to call for a guild doctor and to get some soup.

ooc my italics is broken x.x)

AliceShiki

"No." I supported nene to the break room and let her lay down on the bed "you need lots of rest, stay here while I call for a guild doctor and get something for Nene to eat."

i hurriedly left to call for a guild doctor and to get some soup.

ooc my italics is broken x.x)

*giggles* "Don't overwork yourself, miss Letianna."

OOC: *looks at BB Code* Well, there were some italics within italics in your last post, so that might be why.
I removed the Italic from the starting sentence, maybe that will fix it. You can also try using Ctrl + i to try switching italics on and off~

Silver

With the night sky ablaze with color, the small particles of light surrounded him like fireflies drifting in and out of his reach. He watched the world colored in different hues before returning to his original vision. The mana sense his teacher had taught him was useful but he still couldn’t cast anything aside from sand.

Once the brown colored mana made contact with his hand and he tried to cast something with it. It instantly faded away and turned into sand. The same was for the light green colored mana it only created a slight breeze once it made contact.

Sighing to himself he regretted not asking his teacher while he still had the time. At the same time it couldn’t be helped. He couldn't ask for too much. She was a busy person.

Looking at the magic tome he had brought a while ago. He figured out why people didn’t get this tome fairly quickly. The guy liked talking about theories alot.

A lot of things previously talked about in the book had maybe one spell if he got lucky and if not nothing at all.

Even the few he found remotely interesting but were too high level or too hard to pull off in combat. And, the uses listed there weren’t exactly the best. Say for example, an explosive rune line that exploded on physical contact was theorized to have a useful effect on swords for some reason.

Of course there were still some that had a section of completed basics. With them being either a point of interest to the author or something he had fun theory crafting with. They really did not skip out on much when it came to this.

But, he wanted to practice his control for a bit before going to those. So experimenting with the other elements, he managed to create a small flame with the red mana, a sprout with the green mana, and a bit of water with the blue mana.

The process of making them yield was still painful as it took most of his mana pool to just do that. And, nowhere near the level of spells his teach had used.

Adding this to the multiple things he had to do. His list had grown quite big from carrying herb slimes to scouting for information the guards could use to training his magic to feeding that sewer slime he had met on his quest. With each time spent becoming smaller and smaller for each thing on the list.

The days passed by quickly. With his skill in calling the elements becoming better and better. He still wasn’t satisfied; it was still at the point of summoning small things. He doubted his enemies would be afraid of getting wet.

Going back to the tome, he went back to the sections that actually had a decent amount of spells to learn. Which narrowed it down to three options. A) Trap magic B) Earthen magic or C) Illusion magic.

Trap magic users made use of a few key rune lines to activate magic preplaced to control the flow of battle. With their limits being their cunning and money. They could make the battleground a literal hell for the opponents if they had the resources.

Earthen magic users made use of the earth around them to fight. With their only limits being the earth around them, their creativity and the amount of mana. It made fighting a skilled user a hard one since the battlefield would constantly be shifting in their favor.

Illusion magic users focused on trapping their enemies into one without them realizing it. With their only limits being their imagination and mana pool. Fighting a skilled one alive would already be a one lost.

Each one did have the cons of course. Trap magic lasted no longer than ten minutes without any special materials. Earthen magic consumed a large amount of mana to even cast their simplest spells since it’s changes were permanent. And, Illusion magic, required their users to simulate everything perfectly even in their most basic spells.

Setting aside most of his personal matters the first magic he tried out was of course illusion magic. Having the potential power to have complete domain over living opponents sounded like a dream come true. He failed completely.

The illusions he formed became either an deformed blob, something that resembled the object he was copying vaguely, or simply didn’t form at all.

After a day of testing, he moved on to earthen magic. Which sent him straight to the dorm bed with a single spell.

The result of him casting it? A slight rise in the area around him. Something that was solved with a little digging on the guards side.

With the last one being trap magic, he didn’t exactly have high hopes for that one. With it taking him ten minutes to even construct a single spell. He couldn’t help but sigh in annoyance once it worked.

The magic itself didn't show that much promise so he had to choose earth magic in the end. A minute to cast for him was way better than ten even if the magic stay for longer.

And, so he practiced. Casting magic from the book forming pits and spikes in the field. And, as he got used to it he got better and better at casting spell until they became second nature to him. Once they were he decided to test their might against real oppenents. And, as he walked the sun set road towards his new opponent. It only took one strike to send Cassel to the bliss of unconsciousness.

Last edited:

Leegood

*giggles* "Don't overwork yourself, miss Letianna."

OOC: *looks at BB Code* Well, there were some italics within italics in your last post, so that might be why.
I removed the Italic from the starting sentence, maybe that will fix it. You can also try using Ctrl + i to try switching italics on and off~

I poured before leaving and a few moments later I came back in with soup "the doctor was busy treating someone who tried to take on the slime horde alone, those wounds were...."

I continued "anyway here's some soup to help nourish the body." I sat down next to the bed and helped Nene sit up against the back of the bed.
."I'll feed you."

Ooc
On mobile rn~

Bochi

Okarin felt tears welling in their eyes as they hugged Vicious even tighter. The Liberi hadn't pulled away yet, so Okarin was fully intent on taking in every last little drop.

The slime person was selfish. Okarin was aware of this fact.

They were also incredible stubborn.

Okarin would have never gotten this far if it weren't for this fact.

"Slimes don't live... for very... long." Okarin murmured quietly.

"We're a little bit like flies, you see? Back in the world where I came from, slimes are at the bottom of the food chain. I have hundreds of siblings but I don't really know any of them... because most of them got eaten. For food. And stuff."

The hesitated for a moment.

"It's a really... surreal... thing... to be human. To be able to look forward to a future. To worry about the future."

"...But it's also very... not-slime."

Okarin looked up into Vicious's eyes.

"How am I supposed to smile if I always feared the future?"

I'm sorry.

The words that wanted to be said, needed to be said, ought to have been said...weren't said. The girl, no matter what happened to herself, always offered the necessary words when someone needed them. Because she knew just how powerful they were. Words could heal the deepest wounds.

Likewise, they could also leave scars that never quite went away. So she had to make it last as short as possible.

Vicious looked away, avoiding eye contact as she replied.

"Everyday, a person makes up to thousands of decisions, big and small. A day is twenty four hours, no matter the season, the planet, the occasion...but it's not how many decisions one makes in those twenty four hours that's important, but rather how many decisions one doesn't regret by day's end. So if you were to ask me that..."

You have to say it.

"...I do not know. None of us do, for everyone is unique in their own special ways. Life is a harsh teacher, and when it's students can't keep up, they get weeded out. But keeping up is a daunting task by itself...in the end, one has no one to depend on but themselves for the answers, in a pinch. Relying on others never ended well."

She shook off Okarin's arms, and pulled away, never restoring eye contact. Standing still for a moment. Then she started heading for the door, slowly yet steadily.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

I'm sorry.

The words that wanted to be said, needed to be said, ought to have been said...weren't said. The girl, no matter what happened to herself, always offered the necessary words when someone needed them. Because she knew just how powerful they were. Words could heal the deepest wounds.

Likewise, they could also leave scars that never quite went away. So she had to make it last as short as possible.

Vicious looked away, avoiding eye contact as she replied.

"Everyday, a person makes up to thousands of decisions, big and small. A day is twenty four hours, no matter the season, the planet, the occasion...but it's not how many decisions one makes in those twenty four hours that's important, but rather how many decisions one doesn't regret by day's end. So if you were to ask me that..."

You have to say it.

"...I do not know. None of us do, for everyone is unique in their own special ways. Life is a harsh teacher, and when it's students can't keep up, they get weeded out. But keeping up is a daunting task by itself...in the end, one has no one to depend on but themselves for the answers, in a pinch. Relying on others never ended well."

She shook off Okarin's arms, and pulled away, never restoring eye contact. Standing still for a moment. Then she started heading for the door, slowly yet steadily.
Okarin’s embrace was suddenly empty.

Vacant.

The Liberi had pulled away and gone for the door.

Okarin didn’t turn around to watch her. They stood there blankly, staring at the wall where there was a faint depression at the site where Vicious had slammed it, tears silently rolling down their cheeks.

You can run, Vicious.

Okarin’s voice was soft.

You may not want to depend on anyone.

But I’ll find you.

Wherever you go, I’ll find you.

And when you need somebody, I’ll be there for you.

AliceShiki

I poured before leaving and a few moments later I came back in with soup "the doctor was busy treating someone who tried to take on the slime horde alone, those wounds were...."

I continued "anyway here's some soup to help nourish the body." I sat down next to the bed and helped Nene sit up against the back of the bed.
."I'll feed you."

Ooc
On mobile rn~

"You really don't need to go that far, miss Letianna, I can eat by myself, though I thank you for the offer.

"I appreciate the help, but you have other duties to attend to, don't you?"