Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

Leegood

Heist Against Time [ Closed/ @GDLiZy @Leegood ]

"Attention, ladies and gentlemen. Count Kalbius Malkeyer has arrived!" A voice captured the attention of everyone within the room, and soon, a round of thunderous applause resounded as a handsome man donned in a silky red coat descended from the stair, accompanied by many high-ranking nobles and beautiful maids.

"Ah, the famous Red Count. I wish I could find someone as great as him to be my fiancé." After some probing, Silver spilt all her information to Luna, and she managed to learn that the Count was once an A-ranked adventurer, and also had some ties with countless connections, including the Royalty of the Holy Human Empire, as well as the Merchant Guild.

These were all common knowledge of the empire, but it proved useful to Luna, as she knew a little more about the hidden scene of Tonia.

"Would you like to go to meet him?" Silver asked Luna excitedly. After all, if anyone could catch the attention of the Count, then their life would change overnight. Although no one had done it before, it didn't hurt to try once.

"We could take a step closer to him, and observe from the distance. I don't think that we could get close to him, as it would be seen as improper." Their noble family ranking was low, and it was unrealistic for them to meet Red Count up-close. However, Luna decided to use this opportunity to swap place with the substitute and began her plan.

Luna needed to lose Letianna, so that she could proceed with her plan without any worry.

I glanced at the entrance of the Count and everybody else, joining in on the applause before I returned to happily munch on a snack. Then a maid
came over to me "Pardon me, May I borrow this lady's servant? It'll be quick." The woman seemed to eye the strange creation in my hand as she said it. I wonder if she's curious about what the combination of the food tastes like? ah it's the look when a lady wants to know more It seems there were a food piece on her lip, indicating that she had copied me and tried one of my 'recipes'.

"Milady?" I was asking for permission since the plan included being near Miss Luna, But helping out a house servant would certainly give us goodwill or so I think.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer

I glanced at the entrance of the Count and everybody else, joining in on the applause before I returned to happily munch on a snack. Then a maid
came over to me "Pardon me, May I borrow this lady's servant? It'll be quick." The woman seemed to eye the strange creation in my hand as she said it. I wonder if she's curious about what the combination of the food tastes like? ah it's the look when a lady wants to know more It seems there were a food piece on her lip, indicating that she had copied me and tried one of my 'recipes'.

"Milady?" I was asking for permission since the plan included being near Miss Luna, But helping out a house servant would certainly give us goodwill or so I think.

"To help others is my pleasure... You know what to do." Luna gave Letianna to the lady, feeling relieved that a convenient help suddenly rained onto her. She then held Silver's hand and let her lead Luna to Red Count.

The path towards the Count was filled with various nobles and merchants, and it was easy for the two to separate. Luna merely needed to pretend to loosen her grip, and she had easily lost Silver, before she slowly walked out of the crowds, and went to the balcony alone.

"Milady, care to have a dance with this one?" A noble tried to invite Luna to dance with him, but she merely smiled and shook her head. She was waiting for the moment.

After a while, when the balcony was almost devoid of people, Luna gestured her hand, and a cluster of birds flew right past the mansion, attracting the attention of the nobles. Under the flickering shadow of the flog of birds, a figure emerged from the darkness and stood in front of Luna. In an instant, the two exchanged their place, and Luna melted into the darkness, disappearing alongside the shadow.

And so, during the entire night, Avios Cricetrax would be on the balcony, watching the night sky while occasionally dancing with some nobles.

Inside the dark mansion, a figure seeped into the forbidden area and stood in front of an old, chained gate. Because of the on-going Dance Party, Luna could easily enter the mansion, as most of the guards and servants would be at the event, and only a few would be left here to guard the building.

Walking along the dark hallway, Luna continued to use her sorcery to detect ahead and tried her best to identify physical and magical traps along the way. If she could pass them without dismantling them, then she would do so. If the traps got dismantled, then there's a chance that the Count might come back.

Arriving before the vault, Luna placed her hand on it, feeling its hard, reflective surface. After memorising its secret mechanism, Luna quickly pushed the hidden button and made a strange gesture. As time passed, sweats began to form due to the stress, but in the end, the vault opened without any mistake, and inside it, countless treasures were presented.

Ranging from relics to paintings, everything of value could be found in here. With each treasure worth more than lives, Luna found herself looking through the relics, even though she knew she could not bring them out.

Then, in the middle of the vault, there lied a floating book, covered in magical symbols. It was a strange book that the Merchant Guild had mentioned. However, before Luna could come to touch it, a strange presence manifested behind her, and she dodged to the left, avoiding a sharp strike.

"It seems that a little rat has come here to die..." With just one look, Luna was sure that the speaker was a demon. Its corruption power was intense and mighty, with power that rivalled herself.

What happened next was a contest of aura, as the two refused to blatantly attack each other inside the vault. Not only to not destroy the treasures, but also to not trigger the traps. As the secret vault of Red Count, there was no telling what lied beneath the sinister-looking thin lines of thread.

In the next few minutes, Luna found herself coughing out blood as she severed an arm from the demon. Her face turned paled as she could no longer feel her left arm. The demon, on the other hand, was still energetic, although weakened. In its eyes, Luna could see a burning flame of hatred and rage swelling up.

"If not for the vault, you would've died in an instant! I'll report this to Lord Jasper, and he'll skin you to death!" The demon shouted as it retreated back, escaping from the scene. As long as it escaped it would use Luna's scent to track her down and torture her.

"An oversight in the plan... The information never says anything about the demons, so I miscalculated and failed." Luna sighed as she disregarded the vault's presence and bombarded the hall with icy spikes, causing the alarm to go off, and the demon to die. She had to act fast, or else the demons would track her down, and Red Count would come to take her life.

Luna rushed towards the book, however, just as she took a step forwards, a portal strangely manifested before her.

"The Witch of Chaos... We have come to collect the debt." Three figures stepped up from it, and the leader, the old man, spoke in a calm tone, hiding his wrath inside.

Standing before Luna was the feared Bishop Infanitus. His smile caused Luna to take a step backwards, trying to steady herself...

Leegood

"To help others is my pleasure... You know what to do." Luna gave Letianna to the lady, feeling relieved that a convenient help suddenly rained onto her. She then held Silver's hand and let her lead Luna to Red Count.

The path towards the Count was filled with various nobles and merchants, and it was easy for the two to separate. Luna merely needed to pretend to loosen her grip, and she had easily lost Silver, before she slowly walked out of the crowds, and went to the balcony alone.

"Milady, care to have a dance with this one?" A noble tried to invite Luna to dance with him, but she merely smiled and shook her head. She was waiting for the moment.

After a while, when the balcony was almost devoid of people, Luna gestured her hand, and a cluster of birds flew right past the mansion, attracting the attention of the nobles. Under the flickering shadow of the flog of birds, a figure emerged from the darkness and stood in front of Luna. In an instant, the two exchanged their place, and Luna melted into the darkness, disappearing alongside the shadow.

And so, during the entire night, Avios Cricetrax would be on the balcony, watching the night sky while occasionally dancing with some nobles.

Inside the dark mansion, a figure seeped into the forbidden area and stood in front of an old, chained gate. Because of the on-going Dance Party, Luna could easily enter the mansion, as most of the guards and servants would be at the event, and only a few would be left here to guard the building.

Walking along the dark hallway, Luna continued to use her sorcery to detect ahead and tried her best to identify physical and magical traps along the way. If she could pass them without dismantling them, then she would do so. If the traps got dismantled, then there's a chance that the Count might come back.

Arriving before the vault, Luna placed her hand on it, feeling its hard, reflective surface. After memorising its secret mechanism, Luna quickly pushed the hidden button and made a strange gesture. As time passed, sweats began to form due to the stress, but in the end, the vault opened without any mistake, and inside it, countless treasures were presented.

Ranging from relics to paintings, everything of value could be found in here. With each treasure worth more than lives, Luna found herself looking through the relics, even though she knew she could not bring them out.

Then, in the middle of the vault, there lied a floating book, covered in magical symbols. It was a strange book that the Merchant Guild had mentioned. However, before Luna could come to touch it, a strange presence manifested behind her, and she dodged to the left, avoiding a sharp strike.

"It seems that a little rat has come here to die..." With just one look, Luna was sure that the speaker was a demon. Its corruption power was intense and mighty, with power that rivalled herself.

What happened next was a contest of aura, as the two refused to blatantly attack each other inside the vault. Not only to not destroy the treasures, but also to not trigger the traps. As the secret vault of Red Count, there was no telling what lied beneath the sinister-looking thin lines of thread.

In the next few minutes, Luna found herself coughing out blood as she severed an arm from the demon. Her face turned paled as she could no longer feel her left arm. The demon, on the other hand, was still energetic, although weakened. In its eyes, Luna could see a burning flame of hatred and rage swelling up.

"If not for the vault, you would've died in an instant! I'll report this to Lord Jasper, and he'll skin you to death!" The demon shouted as it retreated back, escaping from the scene. As long as it escaped it would use Luna's scent to track her down and torture her.

"An oversight in the plan... The information never says anything about the demons, so I miscalculated and failed." Luna sighed as she disregarded the vault's presence and bombarded the hall with icy spikes, causing the alarm to go off, and the demon to die. She had to act fast, or else the demons would track her down, and Red Count would come to take her life.

Luna rushed towards the book, however, just as she took a step forwards, a portal strangely manifested before her.

"The Witch of Chaos... We have come to collect the debt." Three figures stepped up from it, and the leader, the old man, spoke in a calm tone, hiding his wrath inside.

Standing before Luna was the feared Bishop Infanitus. His smile caused Luna to take a step backwards, trying to steady herself...

"It's a good recipe, quite tasty." "And if you toast it a bit, it's more delicious~" I was busy conversing with several maids before it seemed like they had widened their eyes are the strange sound that played "It seems to be alright if we stay here." I wanted to ask but the woman in front of me shook her head saying that it was a secret.

When I went pack into the dance hall it seemed as normal as before but it seemed quite a few guards were secretly taking positions around the dance party and others were discreetly leaving the building to another direction.

So I went up and met up with miss luna but She's not luna? I was a bit confused before I just acted along with it for a bit I wonder if Miss luna is alright, the real one. I had left fake luna and I was busy packing up escape rations when I felt a tap on my shoulder "My maids tell me that you have quite the interesting repertoire of recipes? How about this, you'll follow me and in exchange I'll let you pack up more food than you already have." The count chuckled "you have quite the taste, I believe it'd be best if you followed behind me."

I meekly nodded while munching on a bacon, ham, and pineapple sandwich. I can't offend the host "as you wish milord" He seemed to be a bit leisurely but was he walking? ah he's so fast.

"Miss" A guard behind me picked me up in a princess carry and followed his lord along with a couple others. Ah their so fast, what's happening? Those sounds in the distance sounds strange? And the Count seems to not care that he's leaving his bodyguards behind while he's headed somewhere, I guess he's really confident.

"
Don't worry miss, Milord is very strong, I'd even say we're pretty little decorations." The guard laughed then started running at full speed since he won't be able to make it to the fight if he walks leisurely.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer

"It's a good recipe, quite tasty." "And if you toast it a bit, it's more delicious~" I was busy conversing with several maids before it seemed like they had widened their eyes are the strange sound that played "It seems to be alright if we stay here." I wanted to ask but the woman in front of me shook her head saying that it was a secret.

When I went pack into the dance hall it seemed as normal as before but it seemed quite a few guards were secretly taking positions around the dance party and others were discreetly leaving the building to another direction.

So I went up and met up with miss luna but She's not luna? I was a bit confused before I just acted along with it for a bit I wonder if Miss luna is alright, the real one. I had left fake luna and I was busy packing up escape rations when I felt a tap on my shoulder "My maids tell me that you have quite the interesting repertoire of recipes? How about this, you'll follow me and in exchange I'll let you pack up more food than you already have." The count chuckled "you have quite the taste, I believe it'd be best if you followed behind me."

I meekly nodded while munching on a bacon, ham, and pineapple sandwich. I can't offend the host "as you wish milord" He seemed to be a bit leisurely but was he walking? ah he's so fast.

"Miss" A guard behind me picked me up in a princess carry and followed his lord along with a couple others. Ah their so fast, what's happening? Those sounds in the distance sounds strange? And the Count seems to not care that he's leaving his bodyguards behind while he's headed somewhere, I guess he's really confident.

"
Don't worry miss, Milord is very strong, I'd even say we're pretty little decorations." The guard laughed then started running at full speed since he won't be able to make it to the fight if he walks leisurely.

With a knock of his staff, blinding light manifested, and Luna felt a strange suppressing force collapsed onto her. In a mere moment, rifts began to appear on her body, and she had no way of combatting against the power of the divinity. Not to mention that she had just suffered from the mental battle against the demon, even if she was at full power, she was still merely an ant in front of divinity.

"Death claims all equally, Death of Life, I offered you my left arm, and you shall vanquish the strangers of this world." Black blood started oozing out from her mouth, as she spoke the demon language. Suddenly, the world turned grey as a shadow of a giant hand fell onto everyone presented within the room.

Everything under the shadow slowly disintegrated, and they returned into grey dust, back to the embrace of nature.

"The demonic language is merely a trickery... You can never compare the fake to the truth!" The male figure behind the Bishop spoke as he cut his waist open, revealing his golden-coloured blood. As soon as they dropped onto the floor, a faint glow emitted from them, and the shadow was pushed back for a moment.

A pool of black blood formed beneath Luna, and her skin had already turned rotten and degraded. The Death of Life decayed all, and by exchanging her vitality for its service, she tried to kill the Bishop with the power of decay. However, all were under the consideration of the Bishop, and he had prepared an appropriate response.

"It seems that the plan has completely failed... Guess I have to use the second life by myself instead— I'm sorry, Worm Mistress." Just as Luna muttered to herself, she produced a dagger in her weak grip, readied to end her life and reincarnated somewhere else. It was the Worm Magic's ancient legacy, and so the Bishop would have no way of knowing it.

"Miss, it seems that something interesting has happened." A handsome voice echoed the vault as a series of footsteps resounded after. Luna stopped her action as a dreadful mechanic noise clicked, and the vault shone in multi-coloured runes. Countless restrictions landed onto everything inside the vault. To Luna's surprise and despair, her Worm Magic slowly faded away from her control...

Turning her head back to see the owner of the voice, Luna found herself staring at Red Count. He walked in a carefree manner, not treating her and the Bishop's group seriously. As his figure approached her, Luna found a small little girl standing behind the man foolishly. It was at that moment that she had lost her cool.

Behind Red Count was Letianna, walking with him as if she was his maid. As his body blocked the scene, Letianna would only be able to see Luna when she walked up close. Nevertheless, Luna could not shout for her to escape. Her only chance was to pretend that she didn't know Luna, and come as merely a bystander.

"Trespassing into my vault— It seems that when I lay low, people would think that I am a weakling..." Red Count spoke as he walked past Luna, ignoring the slowly-dying person and headed towards the group of three. Just as he walked past her, a lump of flesh dropped from him and landed beside Luna.

It was a lifeless head of Luna's substitute. Her face was full of terror and despair. It was the same emotions that Luna was experiencing right now.

"Mister, we have no business with you, but this lady, must, die." Bishop Infanitus spoke carefully as he sensed a strong presence from him. If it was him in the previous world, then he was confident that he could defeat this man, but with the restriction of the world, he was no match for the Count.

At that moment, a ray of golden light flashed and made its way towards Luna. She tried to move out, but her body was weak and feeble, under the constrain of Death of Life, she could not move at all. Her eyes watched as the light moved closer, and closer... Slowly, despairs filled her heart, and she prepared to use her last, desperate card.

Leegood

With a knock of his staff, blinding light manifested, and Luna felt a strange suppressing force collapsed onto her. In a mere moment, rifts began to appear on her body, and she had no way of combatting against the power of the divinity. Not to mention that she had just suffered from the mental battle against the demon, even if she was at full power, she was still merely an ant in front of divinity.

"Death claims all equally, Death of Life, I offered you my left arm, and you shall vanquish the strangers of this world." Black blood started oozing out from her mouth, as she spoke the demon language. Suddenly, the world turned grey as a shadow of a giant hand fell onto everyone presented within the room.

Everything under the shadow slowly disintegrated, and they returned into grey dust, back to the embrace of nature.

"The demonic language is merely a trickery... You can never compare the fake to the truth!" The male figure behind the Bishop spoke as he cut his waist open, revealing his golden-coloured blood. As soon as they dropped onto the floor, a faint glow emitted from them, and the shadow was pushed back for a moment.

A pool of black blood formed beneath Luna, and her skin had already turned rotten and degraded. The Death of Life decayed all, and by exchanging her vitality for its service, she tried to kill the Bishop with the power of decay. However, all were under the consideration of the Bishop, and he had prepared an appropriate response.

"It seems that the plan has completely failed... Guess I have to use the second life by myself instead— I'm sorry, Worm Mistress." Just as Luna muttered to herself, she produced a dagger in her weak grip, readied to end her life and reincarnated somewhere else. It was the Worm Magic's ancient legacy, and so the Bishop would have no way of knowing it.

"Miss, it seems that something interesting has happened." A handsome voice echoed the vault as a series of footsteps resounded after. Luna stopped her action as a dreadful mechanic noise clicked, and the vault shone in multi-coloured runes. Countless restrictions landed onto everything inside the vault. To Luna's surprise and despair, her Worm Magic slowly faded away from her control...

Turning her head back to see the owner of the voice, Luna found herself staring at Red Count. He walked in a carefree manner, not treating her and the Bishop's group seriously. As his figure approached her, Luna found a small little girl standing behind the man foolishly. It was at that moment that she had lost her cool.

Behind Red Count was Letianna, walking with him as if she was his maid. As his body blocked the scene, Letianna would only be able to see Luna when she walked up close. Nevertheless, Luna could not shout for her to escape. Her only chance was to pretend that she didn't know Luna, and come as merely a bystander.

"Trespassing into my vault— It seems that when I lay low, people would think that I am a weakling..." Red Count spoke as he walked past Luna, ignoring the slowly-dying person and headed towards the group of three. Just as he walked past her, a lump of flesh dropped from him and landed beside Luna.

It was a lifeless head of Luna's substitute. Her face was full of terror and despair. It was the same emotions that Luna was experiencing right now.

"Mister, we have no business with you, but this lady, must, die." Bishop Infanitus spoke carefully as he sensed a strong presence from him. If it was him in the previous world, then he was confident that he could defeat this man, but with the restriction of the world, he was no match for the Count.

At that moment, a ray of golden light flashed and made its way towards Luna. She tried to move out, but her body was weak and feeble, under the constrain of Death of Life, she could not move at all. Her eyes watched as the light moved closer, and closer... Slowly, despairs filled her heart, and she prepared to use her last, desperate card.

I wonder what the count is talking about----?! "A head? Ah." I was quite surprised to see the fake lady's head and felt like I was going to barf a bit. When the count moved away The big meanie, I can't see past him at all when he was entering this place! I poked my head out and spotted something happening.

Ah? who are they? bad guys? There was a person on the ground, three people in front of that person, and the lord who had dropped the head so carelessly next to the person on the ground. I went closer to investigate and I could gradually feel a sense of familiarity and dread creep up in my heart Is that miss luna? Why is she so hurt? Ah!

I hurried my steps as the guards behind me spoke "Little miss, get out of the battle zone, when boss fights he can't-" The voice cut off since he had to retreat to a safe zone, who knows what kind of powerful attacks each side with unleash at each other. Doesin't seem like the guard thought his lord would protect him in those exchanges huh

When I spotted luna on the ground a light beam was already headed towards her

No
No no no!
Teacher can't be---not here!

I carelessly jumped at her and pushed her out of the way, the beam hitting my body instead

It hurts so much
I feel too sleepy

"Teacher it hurts..."
It's getting harder to keep my eyes open
"Teacher I don't feel so good...."
Ah why did I make a movie reference?
Ah

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Elaine (IV) [CLOSED/ @Bochi @ohko]

Shortly after the small group exited the inn, the tiger excused himself, heading back to the guard barracks in Fuyu. Similarly, the dragon walked with Elaine and Sora for a while more before similarly excusing herself to return to her duties. By then the downsized party had almost reached the bustling market streets, and the two in front were frolicking and messing around, Elaine occasionally hopping around and Sora breaking down into giggles as she clung onto the Liberi's back and waved to beastmen passing by.

"Hey, that tickles! Quit it!"

"Only if you stop jerking about! I'm going to fall off!"

"Then hang on better! I'm going to start roof-hopping!"

"Nooo! *Laughing* My dress will get torn! At least wait until I'm not in my formal wear!"

Elaine chuckled evilly, but acceded to the request and didn't start climbing onto the roofs, much to the Miko's relief.

"Tonight, then?"

"Tonight what? You're going to wake the residents if you do it in Yato Shrine!"

"We'll figure something out! There's the long flight of stairs between Fuyu and Yato, no? I don't think anyone would be using it after midnight!"

Sora was currently stuck in a giggling fit on her position atop Elaine's back, and the two of them were making a lot of noise, drawing plenty of curious stares.

"Wait, so you're not going to let me get any sleep tonight? You monster!"

"Well, it's your fault for housing a monster! I'll teach you how to take a plunge as well."

"What sort of position even is that? I'm an amateur at it! I'll fall off!"

"Don't worry, I think I saw a large bedsheet in the storeroom earlier. It should do."

"Should do for what?!"

In actuality, the Liberi was suggesting that they refashion a large bedsheet and repurpose it into a makeshift parachute to use while skydiving off from the edge of the Eternal Night City, but the redness of the Miko's laughing face made it rather clear that her thoughts had gone rather awry. Then Elaine stopped and Sora carefully got off her back. They were before a smaller set of gates that were marked with a signboard: 市場.

"Whew! We're here. Let's split up to cover more ground before lunch hour starts! We'll meet back here in about...twenty?"

"Sounds good! V, could you get me some flour while you're buying rice? I'll make something special for dinner!"

"Hai, got it~ Oh, could you get some duck as well? Sanguine seems to have gotten addicted to it because I keep feeding it nothing but duck---look at this little rascal! Dropping in as soon as food is mentioned!"

On her arm perched the falcon she'd been raising, and of late it had gotten rather plump from all the food scraps it'd be fed with as it flew around the town. Sparing some seconds to rub it's head, Elaine whistled a few times and Sanguine took off once more, disappearing into another part of the city. Elaine laughed resignedly and turned back to the slimeperson.

"Well, that about settles the lunch ingredients---Okarin, do you want to wait here while the two of us procure the items? Or do you want to follow one of us?"

Okarin's expression was deadpan, although they stared at Sanguine closely.

The falcon wasn't behaving any differently? Couldn't it tell that something was off?

The slime person turned back to face the couple with a tight smile on their face.

"It would be a good chance for me to get to know Sora, right?"

As for picking between the two, the answer was obvious. If there was a problem, then it was important to attack the root. Vicious could never be the problem, so by process of elimination it was clearly the shrine maiden's fault.

They hopped a few steps forward and inserted themselves perfectly in between the two.

Okarin reached over and grabbed the miko's hand.

"I'm sure we'll definitely get to be good friends~"

OOC: Okarin has zero comprehension or knowledge about sex! :blobrofl: No one ever taught it to them!

Bochi

Okarin's expression was deadpan, although they stared at Sanguine closely.

The falcon wasn't behaving any differently? Couldn't it tell that something was off?

The slime person turned back to face the couple with a tight smile on their face.

"It would be a good chance for me to get to know Sora, right?"

As for picking between the two, the answer was obvious. If there was a problem, then it was important to attack the root. Vicious could never be the problem, so by process of elimination it was clearly the shrine maiden's fault.

They hopped a few steps forward and inserted themselves perfectly in between the two.

Okarin reached over and grabbed the miko's hand.

"I'm sure we'll definitely get to be good friends~"

OOC: Okarin has zero comprehension or knowledge about sex! :blobrofl: No one ever taught it to them!

"Hai hai, off you two go then. Remember, twenty minutes! Ah, right, Sora. Be careful not to forget about our dinner arrangements, got it?"

The Miko frowned, then winked.

"Sure, no problem! I'll buy two portions of beef and one small pond fish in addition to the duck. See you later!"

Waving, Elaine headed off in one direction and vanished, blending into the crowd. Meanwhile, Sora took out her money pouch from a pocket and held it firmly in her hand, before turning back to Okarin.

"Okay, let us be off! Hold on tightly, it's easy to get lost in the crowd."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Hai hai, off you two go then. Remember, twenty minutes! Ah, right, Sora. Be careful not to forget about our dinner arrangements, got it?"

The Miko frowned, then winked.

"Sure, no problem! I'll buy two portions of beef and one small pond fish in addition to the duck. See you later!"

Waving, Elaine headed off in one direction and vanished, blending into the crowd. Meanwhile, Sora took out her money pouch from a pocket and held it firmly in her hand, before turning back to Okarin.

"Okay, let us be off! Hold on tightly, it's easy to get lost in the crowd."

Okarin was quiet for the first five minutes of shopping, and they mostly just held Sora's hands as the shrine maiden did her shopping.

Out of nowhere though, Okarin spoke up.

"Toilet."

They said, tugging on Sora's hand.

"Show me. Come with."

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer

I wonder what the count is talking about----?! "A head? Ah." I was quite surprised to see the fake lady's head and felt like I was going to barf a bit. When the count moved away The big meanie, I can't see past him at all when he was entering this place! I poked my head out and spotted something happening.

Ah? who are they? bad guys? There was a person on the ground, three people in front of that person, and the lord who had dropped the head so carelessly next to the person on the ground. I went closer to investigate and I could gradually feel a sense of familiarity and dread creep up in my heart Is that miss luna? Why is she so hurt? Ah!

I hurried my steps as the guards behind me spoke "Little miss, get out of the battle zone, when boss fights he can't-" The voice cut off since he had to retreat to a safe zone, who knows what kind of powerful attacks each side with unleash at each other. Doesin't seem like the guard thought his lord would protect him in those exchanges huh

When I spotted luna on the ground a light beam was already headed towards here

No
No no no!
Teacher can't be---not here!

I carelessly jumped at her and pushed her out of the way, the beam hitting my body instead

It hurts so much
I feel too sleepy

"Teacher it hurts..."
It's getting harder to keep my eyes open
"Teacher I don't feel so good...."
Ah why did I make a movie reference?
Ah

Looking at the strange, dream-like sequence, Luna failed to do anything, not even lifting her finger or closing her eyes. She just... watched, as everything unfolded. The fragile body of Letianna failed to withstand the impact of the light, and through the lens of Luna's pupils, the bright light engulfed the little lady, tearing her body apart... There was no scream, but merely two soft-spoken sentences... Before everything went silent, and the faint, burning fire of Life extinguished.

Death of Life had already claimed Letianna, under the beckoning of Luna. The little lady had died, protecting her. The little girl whose dream would never get to realise, the little girl that Luna taught... The little friend that Luna valued.

The warm blood dried her vision red, and a body fell in front of her. She tried to crawl towards the little lump of meat, so beautiful and tragic... As Luna struggled on the floor, her flesh slowly tore off, and her body slowly disintegrated... The burden from summoning Death of Life was too much for a mere mortal.

Despite everything, Luna ignored her pain, and she, through sheer wills and madness, sat up and used her remaining arm to hug the charred corpse of an unrecognisable mess. The burning stench seemed to seep inside her soul, and it gradually burnt her mind and consciousness. Pain filled her very being, and grief fused into her state of being.

She held the black mash close to her face, and she slowly caressed it with her cheek. No matter how repulsive it looked, Luna could only see a silhouette of the little lady, perfectly cute and energetic. She was sleeping, tired from her continuous study and training.

"Letianna, when we come back... I'll teach you how to create your own magic scrolls, so rest well." Luna spoke before singing a lullaby for Letianna to sleep. Her voice, although full of emotions and vivid tone, was strangely heavy and disturbing. Little by little, her decaying body trembled as a dark, gloomy aura radiated from her soul.

A soft noise resounded, as Luna dropped the corpse of Letianna onto the ground, before crying soundlessly. Her tear, blood-red, flew onto the ground and mixed with the black blood, creating a whirlpool of the disgusting shade of colour.

The pool of blood twisted strangely, revealing the scene of Luna and Letianna together. First, they met in the Tavern, and Luna decided to teach her some magic, then, Luna gave her a book, and after that, the event continued to detail their interaction, until it faded into nothingness, revealing the bleak future of Letianna, whose soul had already slipped into the Underworld.

Time seemed to stop for Luna to look at everything and herself. She felt as if she died and reborn, only to die again. The sensation of loneliness filled her soul, and it continued on for an eternity.

"... Death of Life, I order you— With my soul, kill them all!" Her scream was loud, and despair-inducing. The heavy black aura around her suddenly intensified, and exploded outwards, forming a domain of greyish shade. Her Underworld Eye shone as she watched the thread of Fate inside everyone within the vault.

With her last trace of power, Luna hugged Letianna tightly, using her aged body to block the view of the bloody scene. At that moment, she watched as the A-ranked Adventurer fought against the group of the believers of the Lord. However, no matter how the believers tried, they could never fight against Red Count, and not long after, the Count finally killed two of the three, leaving only the Bishop alone.

"Witch of Chaos, until the very end, you still held grudge against me, huh?" Although Infanitus was at the verge of dying, he remained carefree and looked at the dying Luna. As long as Luna died, then his mission would be successful.

"Death of Memory, take me with you, and I shall remain there until my soul turned white... My only request— Let me live..." Luna, in her bleak moment, asked Death of Memory to take her. Her only purpose was to live on, for Letianna had given her a chance to live on, and she would definitely cherish it.

As her body began to sink into the Underworld, Luna used her finger to push Letianna away lightly. The mist of the Underworld was disgusting, and it would contaminate all things. As soon as her fingertip touched Letianna, a spark flashed, and flame ruptured, burning the body into ashes in an instant.

"Farewell... World... Wait for me, Worm Mistress..." Solet's face appeared before her, and Luna smiled lightly. As long as they were together, that was all that matter...

The last thing she saw was the panic face of Bishop Infanitus, and his staff finally broke, revealing a brilliant light—

-End-
OOC: To be continued! It seems that I and @Leegood had decided to stop playing permanently! :devilish:

Bochi

Okarin was quiet for the first five minutes of shopping, and they mostly just held Sora's hands as the shrine maiden did her shopping.

Out of nowhere though, Okarin spoke up.

"Toilet."

They said, tugging on Sora's hand.

"Show me. Come with."

"Un? Okay!"

Sora whistled happily as she received the fish from the cat beastman fishmonger, and handed the correct amount of payment before carefully placing it into the basket under her arm.

"Here, follow me."

She led the little girl into one of the smaller alleys where the crowd thinned out somewhat, then another before entering a shop. Sora gestured at Okarin towards the shopkeeper, who nodded.

"Toilet's on the second floor~"

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Un? Okay!"

Sora whistled happily as she received the fish from the cat beastman fishmonger, and handed the correct amount of payment before carefully placing it into the basket under her arm.

"Here, follow me."

She led the little girl into one of the smaller alleys where the crowd thinned out somewhat, then another before entering a shop. Sora gestured at Okarin towards the shopkeeper, who nodded.

"Toilet's on the second floor~"

Okarin refused to let go of Sora's hand and tugged gently.

"Come with. Upstairs."

They looked away off to the side, and then down at their feet.

"Some of the human toilets I've been to are confusing. Weird toilets. Don't know how to use."

Bochi

Okarin refused to let go of Sora's hand and tugged gently.

"Come with. Upstairs."

They looked away off to the side, and then down at their feet.

"Some of the human toilets I've been to are confusing. Weird toilets. Don't know how to use."
"Okay, okay. Shopkeeper, I'm sorry, but please look after this basket of foodstuffs for me."

After the shopkeeper nodded his consent, the Miko left her basket by the counter and led Okarin onto the second floor, then into the toilets while whistling cheerfully still.

"Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight~"

If the tune had lyrics, it'd probably have been that.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
"Okay, okay. Shopkeeper, I'm sorry, but please look after this basket of foodstuffs for me."

After the shopkeeper nodded his consent, the Miko left her basket by the counter and led Okarin onto the second floor, then into the toilets while whistling cheerfully still.

"Baby I don't need dollar bills to have fun tonight~"

If the tune had lyrics, it'd probably have been that.
Okarin pulled the shrine maiden into one of the bathroom stalls in the women's room.

Then, they shut the door and locked it.

"We need to talk," Okarin said.

Their eyes narrowed further.

"What did you to do Vicious?"

"She isn't her ordinary self."

"I know it was you. Don't try to pretend you don't know anything."

"What do you want? What are you trying to do?"

Okarin's voice was frigid.

"I won't let you hurt her."

Their remaining right hand was still hidden behind Okain's back.

Slowly, they were transforming their fingers. Tapering them.

Sharpening them into deadly knives.

Bochi

Okarin pulled the shrine maiden into one of the bathroom stalls in the women's room.

Then, they shut the door and locked it.

"We need to talk," Okarin said.

Their eyes narrowed further.

"What did you to do Vicious?"

"She isn't her ordinary self."

"I know it was you. Don't try to pretend you don't know anything."

"What do you want? What are you trying to do?"

"I won't let you hurt her."

Their remaining right hand was still hidden behind Okain's back.

Slowly, they were transforming their fingers. Tapering them.

Sharpening them into deadly knives.
Elaine (V) [CLOSED/ @Bochi @ohko]

"...Eh?"

For a few moments the Miko stared, not understanding. Then as she grasped the levity of the situation her expression quickly skipped over one of understanding to one of fear, and Sora backed up a few steps.

"What...did I do? I don't...I don't understand...don't hurt me, please. Regarding Vicious, I just...I just..."

She stumbled and ended up rubbing her head after it knocked into the roll of toilet paper.

"I was just trying to...like a younger sister..."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"...Eh?"

For a few moments the Miko stared, not understanding. Then as she grasped the levity of the situation her expression quickly skipped over one of understanding to one of fear, and Sora backed up a few steps.

"What...did I do? I don't...I don't understand...don't hurt me, please. Regarding Vicious, I just...I just..."

She stumbled and ended up rubbing her head after it knocked into the roll of toilet paper.

"I was just trying to...like a younger sister..."

"Don't. Mess. With. Me." Okarin was practically growling.

They reached over and seized the roll of toilet paper, ripping it partially to shreds as they pulled.

"You've brainwashed her. You're mind-controlling her."

There was a furious look in the slime's eyes.

"You've made her into your... your... pet!"

Okarin practically spat out that line.

Birds were supposed to fly.

They were supposed to be free.

"What do you think will happen when I write a report to the Guild Master saying you've brainwashed one of our agents? You can't be trusted! Why should Scribel trust you?! Why should... I... trust you?!"

Bochi

"Don't. Mess. With. Me." Okarin was practically growling.

They reached over and seized the roll of toilet paper, ripping it partially to shreds as they pulled.

"You've brainwashed her. You're mind-controlling her."

There was a furious look in the slime's eyes.

"You've made her into your... your... pet!"

Okarin practically spat out that line.

Bids were supposed to fly.

They were supposed to be free.

"What do you think will happen when I write a report to the Guild Master saying you've brainwashed one of our agents? You can't be trusted! Why should Scribel trust you?! Why should... I... trust you?!"

"Okay, that's the rice done. Now I'll just have to go grab the flour. Hmm. Let's see here, which one should I get...Ah! Found it. So, we're cool with the price?"

*Grunt of agreement*

"Alright, done! Finished buying everything I need. Now to go on a detour and get something else~"

Sora practically had her back to the toilet wall. She was sniffing loudly now, tears running down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to do it...I really didn't want to do it, but I had no choice in the matter..."

Softly she sobbed, avoiding eye contact with Okarin. Then, as if she just had an idea, the Miko perked up.

"I know! If I remove the brain-washing, then..."

The little bit of hope was gone, replaced by an expression of despair as the Miko buried her face in her hands and continued to weep softly.

"There's a big problem, and because of that problem, I can't do it...please spare me, fwueeee..."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Okay, that's the rice done. Now I'll just have to go grab the flour. Hmm. Let's see here, which one should I get...Ah! Found it. So, we're cool with the price?"

*Grunt of agreement*

"Alright, done! Finished buying everything I need. Now to go on a detour and get something else~"

Sora practically had her back to the toilet wall. She was sniffing loudly now, tears running down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to do it...I really didn't want to do it, but I had no choice in the matter..."

Softly she sobbed, avoiding eye contact with Okarin. Then, as if she just had an idea, the Miko perked up.

"I know! If I remove the brain-washing, then..."

The little bit of hope was gone, replaced by an expression of despair as the Miko buried her face in her hands and continued to weep softly.

"There's a big problem, and because of that problem, I can't do it...please spare me, fwueeee..."

"What's the problem?!"

Okarin was impatient, almost desperately so.

They towered even more over the shriveling shrine maiden, and Okarin took another step closer.

"Tell me the problem! Tell me it now!"

Okarin's eyes were completely unsympathetic and heartless. They were vicious.

There was a mess of shredded toilet paper on the floor.

"How do you remove the brainwashing?"

Their eyes grew dimmer and softer for an instant.

"Please?"

Bochi

"What's the problem?!"

Okarin was impatient, almost desperately so.

They towered even more over the shriveling shrine maiden, and Okarin took another step closer.

"Tell me the problem! Tell me it now!"

Okarin's eyes were completely unsympathetic and heartless. They were vicious.

There was a mess of shredded toilet paper on the floor.

"How do you remove the brainwashing?"

Their eyes grew dimmer and softer for an instant.

"Please?"
Yosh! I believe the item was right this way. Cross this alley, under the bridge, over the goldfish fountain, vault over that teapot seller!

Down this alley, up this one, somersault across the wall, dab in mid-air, land perfectly, jump onto the seat, jump onto the bridge railing, jump onto the tiled roof, accidentally knock down a few tiles...

Oops, gotta apologise later. But other than that, two more roofs to vault across, one more, zero, and we're here!

*****​

*Sniff* *Sniff*

"The problem, you see..."

The Miko rubbed her tears away and let her hands fall back to her sides with a sigh, opening her eyes and straightening up as she did so.

SoraYan.png

(Ignore the gun, it doesn't exist. The important part is the expression.)​

"...is that none of this brainwashing business took place. I don't know what you're talking about, but now I understand why V told me to be careful of you before we split up. Not that it matters."

The Miko's gleaming eyes and triumphant smile could be seen very clearly despite the darkness of the stall.

"Because after all, I've stalled you long enough."

Several things happened simultaneously after that. First, the Miko raised both arms and gave Okarin a sudden, mighty shove, pushing her backwards. Secondly, before her arms even returned to her sides, several talismans were already in her grasp, and she stuck two of them to herself.

*Boom* *Boom* *Boom*

Thirdly, three simultaneous strikes rang out in extremely close proximity, and the entire wall behind the Miko cracked, fractured, then shattered in a spectacular manner, sending in a shockwave that blew debris everywhere. Some pieces struck Sora, but simply bounced off her as if they were nothing more than paper in the wind.

"Alright, looks like I made it in time."

Stepping in from the massive hole she'd made, Elaine lowered her kanabo, strolling forward to position herself beside Sora with a smile. The Miko immediately dropped her earlier expression, smiling cheerfully.

SoraV.jpg

"Last item on the shopping list: Yato's Miko herself. Let me just take a look at the quality of the goods...yep, not too damaged. I'll take one."

"No problem! Oh, you've just bought out the last one! Lucky~!"

As Sora made a victory pose with her fingers, Elaine shifted to look at Okarin. The easy smile was still on her face.

"I must confess, even though I expected this to happen, I'm still surprised. You never did have such a penchant for aggression in the past."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Yosh! I believe the item was right this way. Cross this alley, under the bridge, over the goldfish fountain, vault over that teapot seller!

Down this alley, up this one, somersault across the wall, dab in mid-air, land perfectly, jump onto the seat, jump onto the bridge railing, jump onto the tiled roof, accidentally knock down a few tiles...

Oops, gotta apologise later. But other than that, two more roofs to vault across, one more, zero, and we're here!

*****​

*Sniff* *Sniff*

"The problem, you see..."

The Miko rubbed her tears away and let her hands fall back to her sides with a sigh, opening her eyes and straightening up as she did so.

View attachment 2113
(Ignore the gun, it doesn't exist. The important part is the expression.)​

"...is that none of this brainwashing business took place. I don't know what you're talking about, but now I understand why V told me to be careful of you before we split up. Not that it matters."

The Miko's gleaming eyes and triumphant smile could be seen very clearly despite the darkness of the stall.

"Because after all, I've stalled you long enough."

Several things happened simultaneously after that. First, the Miko raised both arms and gave Okarin a sudden, mighty shove, pushing her backwards. Secondly, before her arms even returned to her sides, several talismans were already in her grasp, and she stuck two of them to herself.

*Boom* *Boom* *Boom*

Thirdly, three simultaneous strikes rang out in extremely close proximity, and the entire wall behind the Miko cracked, fractured, then shattered in a spectacular manner, sending in a shockwave that blew debris everywhere. Some pieces struck Sora, but simply bounced off her as if they were nothing more than paper in the wind.

"Alright, looks like I made it in time."

Stepping in from the massive hole she'd made, Elaine lowered her kanabo, strolling forward to position herself beside Sora with a smile. The Miko immediately dropped her earlier expression, smiling cheerfully.

"Last item on the shopping list: Yato's Miko herself. Let me just take a look at the quality of the goods...yep, not too damaged. I'll take one."

"No problem! Oh, you've just bought out the last one! Lucky~!"

As Sora made a victory pose with her fingers, Elaine shifted to look at Okarin. The easy smile was still on her face.

"I must confess, even though I expected this to happen, I'm still surprised. You never did have such a penchant for aggression in the past."

Dust and debris continued to drift in the air as sections of the wall crumbled.

"Who are you?"

Okarin stood blankly as a series of explosions blasted apart the women's restroom.

There were broken water pipes spewing water on the floor.

"You're not Vicious."

"What. Did. You. Do. With. Vicious?"

Their arm trembled slightly.

They were just a slime.

"Aggression?" Okarin muttered under their breath.

("I didn't even do anything. There's just a bunch of ripped toilet paper.")

The slime person looked back up to the two girls.

—They were lying.

Okarin wasn't sure about exactly what, but they were absolutely positive the girls were lying.

So was this what it came to?

Was all of Fuyu Machi... Okarin's... enemy?

Bochi

Dust and debris continued to drift in the air as sections of the wall crumbled.

"Who are you?"

Okarin stood blankly as a series of explosions blasted apart the women's restroom.

There were broken water pipes spewing water on the floor.

"You're not Vicious."

"What. Did. You. Do. With. Vicious?"

Their arm trembled slightly.

They were just a slime.

"Aggression?" Okarin muttered under their breath.

("I didn't even do anything. There's just a bunch of ripped toilet paper.")

The slime person looked back up to the two girls.

—They were lying.

Okarin wasn't sure about exactly what, but they were absolutely positive the girls were lying.

So was this what it came to?

Was all of Fuyu Machi... Okarin's... enemy?

"Welp, busted. So much for that. I thought you said my disguise was impeccable, Sora?"

The Miko rolled her eyes.

"To strangers, yes. Evidently the young miss here knows you better than you expected."

"Fair, fair. I concur. In that case, looks like I have no choice except to come clean. Bah, I'm no good with this kind of stuff."

"Eh? Then there wouldn't have been the need for this song and dance, would there?"

"Ahem. This and that are entirely different matters..."

Strolling casually forward Elaine started explaining.

"Where should I begin? I'll answer your question first. True enough, I'm not Vicious. But I am also Vicious."

She stopped and frowned to herself.

"That didn't come out quite right. It sounded like the mutterings of a philosopher. Ahem, take two. A few days back Vicious---your Vicious---did herself a discourtesy and beat herself up really badly. Poor girl was a jumble of conflicting emotions by then, so she decided to take a break from...well, being herself. She went into slumber, so to speak."

To prove her point Elaine closed her eyes briefly, and when she opened them again the irises were bright crimson. Like a pair of rubies.

"But she also had stuff to handle so just falling into unconsciousness wasn't an option, and she somehow ran into me in her dreams, so we made a deal. Sanctuary in exchange for a stroll outside."

Elaine got right in front of Okarin, tilting forward to take a closer look. Then she reached out and started patting.

"So, no, I'm not quite Vicious on the inside, but this body is still hers. And honestly, what's your deal? Her little sister, maybe?"

*Squish* *Squish*

"You've got some chubby cheeks too. What the hell, that's adorable."