Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Bochi

We’ve got Echoes Act 1 Stand User now, and it’s taking considerable willpower for me not to introduce gbf’s primal beasts into this place. Cuz if we do we’ll have loads of content but the power levels will need revamping as well

@ohko

Quaesitor

Time for the rock slimes to come in. :blob_evil:
Keep in mind they can harden and become rocks, meaning spears can't pierce them, and they can charge as a rock. They also deal damage like a giant rock.
After the charge is done, it unhardens and is like a normal slime.
Objective: Exterminate the rock slimes in the city.
My theory has been confirmed: Epsil is trying to kill us all.

Nivateth

meanwhile all my character can really do is walk around stabbing em' so she's just walking the streets killing slimes and such.

Himekawa

ohko, something like this, is it allowed?

---

Guardsman - south wall

"Captain, we really need to focus on the blue slimes! The other slimes at the front near it did not move when my arrow pierced it!"

Reactions: GM

Drevart

meanwhile all my character can really do is walk around stabbing em' so she's just walking the streets killing slimes and such.
Well, you are not the only one who can only stab people. My char can at most deceive one sense of one creature for now, so this horde is quite hard for him.

GM

We’ve got Echoes Act 1 Stand User now, and it’s taking considerable willpower for me not to introduce gbf’s primal beasts into this place. Cuz if we do we’ll have loads of content but the power levels will need revamping as well

@ohko
:blob_joy::blob_joy::blob_joy: I don't understand any of these references!

But let's discuss this at the Town Hall when it happens.

I'd like to settle the power levels by ranks once and for... and probably grade a huge laundry list of famous characters (e.g. Luffy, Naruto) by what rank we think they would be in this universe.

The main reason for having strict power levels is:
  1. Characters that are too OP can literally break the setting (e.g. flatten mountains, kill kings, shatter quest boards)
  2. Easily run out of content for quests
  3. Makes raids unbalanced
Consequently, in my view, it's important to regulate how quickly players power creep. If players are giving themselves mountain-shattering powers at Level 10, what will their characters look like at Level 40?

I think even by the level systems of most RPGs and MMORPG's, level 10 is still quite low. The interesting skills only start popping up around the 20's, and players are really only somewhat strong by the 30's and 40's. I would prefer it most if players could think of ways to regulate themselves according to that logic.

Some ideas that I've been tossing around in my head:
  • Make a reference sheet of popular fiction characters and what rank we think they would be in Tonia.
  • Make a reference sheet of suggested skills at each rank
  • Make character registration require peer review before a character can be played
  • Make players do a character review (with a peer) whenever they rank up to review any new skills
But all of this is open to discussion

GM

ohko, something like this, is it allowed?

---

Guardsman - south wall

"Captain, we really need to focus on the blue slimes! The other slimes at the front near it did not move when my arrow pierced it!"
Sure~!

Drevart

By the way, what's the name of the last village which needs to be helped?

Bochi

:blob_joy::blob_joy::blob_joy: I don't understand any of these references!

But let's discuss this at the Town Hall when it happens.

I'd like to settle the power levels by ranks once and for... and probably grade a huge laundry list of famous characters (e.g. Luffy, Naruto) by what rank we think they would be in this universe.

The main reason for having strict power levels is:
  1. Characters that are too OP can literally break the setting (e.g. flatten mountains, kill kings, shatter quest boards)
  2. Easily run out of content for quests
  3. Makes raids unbalanced
Consequently, in my view, it's important to regulate how quickly players power creep. If players are giving themselves mountain-shattering powers at Level 10, what will their characters look like at Level 40?

I think even by the level systems of most RPGs and MMORPG's, level 10 is still quite low. The interesting skills only start popping up around the 20's, and players are really only somewhat strong by the 30's and 40's. I would prefer it most if players could think of ways to regulate themselves according to that logic.

Some ideas that I've been tossing around in my head:
  • Make a reference sheet of popular fiction characters and what rank we think they would be in Tonia.
  • Make a reference sheet of suggested skills at each rank
  • Make character registration require peer review before a character can be played
  • Make players do a character review (with a peer) whenever they rank up to review any new skills
But all of this is open to discussion
It’s doable, but the later levels have to be stronger. I’m not even going to bring up Fate, but at least let us have a fighting chance against Granblue’s primal beasts by the time one hits level 30. Keeping power levels lower is well and good, but one needs power to write epic stuff.

Fighting Chance = Can reasonably escape or keep up with one briefly, not kill it.

Bochi

Niv, hearing a yell from inside the city, starts heading towards Adsall "okay, so these slimes are grey for some reason." she goes to stab one and its rock solid. "greeeaaat rock slimes." she continues stabbing it. "oh hey, this is a good arm workout!"
Remember to tag the user if you want to collaborate with his character~ @Epsil
come on everyone! Let's make more objective for the quest!
King Slime?