Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Feathers95

Is no one wanted to sit beside reciful to distribute the medicine?
I was going to get Myria to do that since she's a centaur and fast as hell, but I got sidetracked :blob_happy:

I've also already contributed quite a bit to the raid so I want to leave stuff for others to do too :blob_reach:

If no one does it before I head to bed, I'll maybe write something up so we can have another post for it before the raid ends~

Himekawa

• Unranked people - 98% of the population (~98 out of 100 people)
  • Rank E people - 1% of the population (~1 out of 100 people)
  • Rank D people - 0.1% of the population (~1 out of 1000 people)
  • Rank C people - 0.01% of the population (~1 out of 10,000 people)
  • Rank B people - 0.001% of the population (~1 out of 100,000 people)
  • Rank A people - 0.0001% of the population (~1 out of 1,000,000 people)
  • Rank S people - 0.00001% of the population (~1 out of 10,000,000 people)
We have 0.99999% missing. Where is the missing one?

SquadCammander354

@GM, I've been thinking of doing something, but could I introduce a new term (metal) in this world? There's of course iron, steel, bronze, etc, but this is something different; something magical.

You see, the idea is that a unique variety of metals can be created through the exposure of magic, but there are conditions for these metals to be useable. Let's say a bar of steel is exposed to an abundance of mana for less than a day, and someone tries to forge something out of it. The first strike is the moment that metal loses all magical properties immediately, turning back to normal steel.

It requires time for these metals to be useful, specifically thirty-to-forty years, any longer than that and the metals become too soft, like bronze, but capable of resonating better with mana; less than thirty years and the metal may either be too brittle or once again go back to being normal.

There's an optimal point for these metals, depending on the abundance of mana. Too much and the metal might become too soft and will melt too easily; as in, even in room-temperature (best used for alchemy by this point).

I call this...AMRITA.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
@GM, I've been thinking of doing something, but could I introduce a new term (metal) in this world? There's of course iron, steel, bronze, etc, but this is something different; something magical.

You see, the idea is that a unique variety of metals can be created through the exposure of magic, but there are conditions for these metals to be useable. Let's say a bar of steel is exposed to an abundance of mana for less than a day, and someone tries to forge something out of it. The first strike is the moment that metal loses all magical properties immediately, turning back to normal steel.

It requires time for these metals to be useful, specifically thirty-to-forty years, any longer than that and the metals become too soft, like bronze, but capable of resonating better with mana; less than thirty years and the metal may either be too brittle or once again go back to being normal.

There's an optimal point for these metals, depending on the abundance of mana. Too much and the metal might become too soft and will melt too easily; as in, even in room-temperature (best used for alchemy by this point).

I call this...AMRITA.
Honestly you can write whatever you want into your quest reports, and if you get a second reference on it -- you can add it to the library!

Nivateth

*crow just looks at this and wonder what this applies to, as lot of fantasy like to make mithril come out of silver (though give or take bunch of centuries.) though no one has really done much with copper, iron, bronze or even steel yet, so this idea prob has a lot of merit o-o.*
it would probably have better conductivity of magic. or is easier to enchant. that's the trope at least

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~

I call this...AMRITA.
Honestly you can write whatever you want into your quest reports, and if you get a second reference on it -- you can add it to the library!
Basically, players add to the lore of the world through their IC posts.
If other players like the sound of it, then they'll also mention it in their IC posts.
With a reference from more than one player, it can become accepted lore.
(^-^)

X

Euka

I call this...AMRITA.
Sooooo what you're trying to make is Magisteel while also referencing Nioh?

SquadCammander354

Sooooo what you're trying to make is Magisteel while also referencing Nioh?
o(^▽^)o
Yes! Also, I've been playing Nioh 1 since last year, and it was my New Year's purchase.
Also, because of the required aging of the metal, it's extremely expensive, even when it's made in abundance. Some businesses have a sort of monopoly on it, as it requires extensive work and maintenance to make sure not too much mana gathers, or too little, as the decreasing amount of mana can immediately ruin it.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
@SquadCammander354 to answer your profile post question:
If you want your character to buy something from the market, then quote the item, description and price from the Market thread and then either post it in the Freestyle RP thread, or the Tavern while having your character do the interactions needed to buy the item.
Freestyle tends to be used for when buying from an NPC shop.
Tavern tends to be used for when buying from a Player's shop.

Does that make more sense?
'-'

X