Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Moshi

Has anyone met with my event character while role playing yet? If not then I'm going to make a quest about him and adding him into the library.
Nobody knows his current location, so it's hard to meet him. Maybe you should just start rping him, and we can go from there.

Yorth

Swordman
@ohko dwarves need to drink water too, and the lake and the rivers seem to be their main source of it.

Epsil

So many things need library entries. Hopefully tomorrow we get to update worldanvil with all the stuff we know.
Hopefully so, if not I'm going to start saving posts and creating a library entry myself.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Agreed. Although that's barely one quest.

I spotted a lot of wildlife in the team's quest report, but nothing stood out to me as worth having a standing subjugation order. Like to me it seems a bit silly to have a standing subjugation quest for mountain bears or snowy owls.
I'll give more ideas if I can think of them! >.<

And I agree that it does feel kinda silly to have subjugation quests for those...
I like a lot of the poisoned earth plots.
*hugs*
But if it's big, and if it takes narrow underground tunnels to get to the city... unless it isn't so narrow?

I'm also thinking of tons of giant poisonous snakes at the standard mob monsters.

I guess it would make sense if the snakes slithered their way into the tunnels
Perhaps the Hydra didn't attack directly exactly because it couldn't fit into the tunnels? So it is poisoning the land and sending minions or something.

... But what for? Unless it's an intelligent Hydra that has a deep grudge rooted against Dwarves because they stole its treasure or something...?

Wait, isn't that basically a dragon? o.0

darkza1569

The sponsor part can I used as adventurer's guild? It would be troublesome if I used my current character

GM

@ohko dwarves need to drink water too
Great! Thank you!

I think it would be cool to portray a war environment through the guild quests.

---

GM's Gelderholm Concept Draft for Guild Quests:

(note: this is not canon -- I like to have plausible economy / politics / system when working with something in my head)

• Once upon a time, the dwarves of Gelderholm established their mining city.
  • They were greedy about getting better ores and dug too deep.
  • They mined into an underground lake that housed the hydra -- awakening it from its slumber
  • Many heroic dwarves perished fighting the hydra, failed to slay it, yet successfully managed to chase it out.
  • Angry, the hydra broke out from the underground city (causing half of the mountain to crumble) and escaped to the lake -- causing the underground lake to be linked to the outside lake.
  • Meanwhile, the hydra is angry about being chased out of its home, and viciously attacks the dwarves -- from both above and below
  • Dwarves suffer a two front war from the mines and from the lakeside (note: the two main quest areas)
  • It seems to be a losing battle, and the dwarves have been steadily declining from exhaustion up until Scribel City intervened.
Scribel City will send healing stuff and adventurers.

What happens next? I guess that's a story for adventurers to determine?

Maybe something like this?

Epsil

I'll give more ideas if I can think of them! >.<

And I agree that it does feel kinda silly to have subjugation quests for those...

*hugs*

Perhaps the Hydra didn't attack directly exactly because it couldn't fit into the tunnels? So it is poisoning the land and sending minions or something.

... But what for? Unless it's an intelligent Hydra that has a deep grudge rooted against Dwarves because they stole its treasure or something...?

Wait, isn't that basically a dragon? o.0
If it's an intelligent hydra, maybe it has a cult following it? :blob_evil:

AliceShiki

The sponsor part can I used as adventurer's guild? It would be troublesome if I used my current character
You can, for as long as you think it's something the guild would want to sponsor that is~

AliceShiki

Great! Thank you!

I think it would be cool to portray a war environment through the guild quests.

---

GM's Gelderholm Concept Draft for Guild Quests:

(note: this is not canon -- I like to have plausible economy / politics / system when working with something in my head)

• Once upon a time, the dwarves of Gelderholm established their mining city.
  • They were greedy about getting better ores and dug too deep.
  • They mined into an underground lake that housed the hydra -- awakening it from its slumber
  • Many heroic dwarves perished fighting the hydra, failed to slay it, yet successfully managed to chase it out.
  • Angry, the hydra broke out from the underground city (causing half of the mountain to crumble) and escaped to the lake -- causing the underground lake to be linked to the outside lake.
  • Meanwhile, the hydra is angry about being chased out of its home, and viciously attacks the dwarves -- from both above and below
  • Dwarves suffer a two front war from the mines and from the lakeside (note: the two main quest areas)
  • It seems to be a losing battle, and the dwarves have been steadily declining from exhaustion up until Scribel City intervened.
Scribel City will send healing stuff and adventurers.

What happens next? I guess that's a story for adventurers to determine?

Maybe something like this?
I loved it! :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww:

darkza1569

Title : A Noises In Northern Mountains
Sponsor : Adventurer's Guild
Required Level : 3

Objectives :
Find out the origin of the noises
•Kill the monster that you've deemed dangerous

Explanation :
The northern mountains is big and wide. There're many things hidden in there but somehow, There're many noises of screaming of monster. Adventurer's guild wants you to find out what is the cause of it. You may find something special.

Rewards :
EXP : 150
•20 G

Is this quest okay for meeting with my event character? or should I just rping my character and met him on the way through the mountain?

AliceShiki

Oh and uh... I guess for now let's make the hydra an A-rank threat? So it's gonna be there for a while

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: That way I don't need to worry about re-writing all the quests again for Gelderholm for a while
That seems perfectly fair to me. I mean, if it was easy to kill, the dwarves would have done so already~

AliceShiki

How? To do that?
Any way is fine, as long as it makes it easier for anyone looking to see that your report was already appraised.

What I usually do is put it into a spoiler saying "Already Appraised", others just write (Appraised) in some easy to see location...

You can do it however you want, we only ask that to make the life of whoever is appraising easier, as we might end up appraising quests that were already appraised otherwise.

GM

Maybe they stole the hydra's egg? Planning to raise it in captivity and harvest it's scales?
I'm not going to put details like that in the guild quests.

Investigate it with your characters and I'm sure you can come up with an interesting plot for why the hydra is attacking the dwarves.

Perhaps the dwarves are evening harboring a secret that they aren't telling.

Yorth

Swordman
Question becomes how do they survive the wrath of the hydra

Any way is fine, as long as it makes it easier for anyone looking to see that your report was already appraised.

What I usually do is put it into a spoiler saying "Already Appraised", others just write (Appraised) in some easy to see location...

You can do it however you want, we only ask that to make the life of whoever is appraising easier, as we might end up appraising quests that were already appraised otherwise.

Um so after someone evaluate the quest we just need to edit our quest report & add [Already appraised] that all right

Just did a report... so long :sweating_profusely: added a bunch of detail to the west...

Who ever evaluates it, plez take my character to a hospital or something, charge him a fee...
Please dont let him bleed out in the street :blob_teary: