Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Yorth

Swordman
I'm actually so pissed right now. Due to a problem in folder structure of the custom assets, all of the map files got corrupted. Have to redo them again from scratch...
I'll stream the process later on. Gonna get dinner first

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Well, the average fight between 2 persons takes about 10 seconds. Now, I'm going to oversimplify this, but here's a rough mathematical estimate. Now, let's say that the enemies are all far weaker than you and your allies, only about a third as strong and skilled each. So that would give every ally "3 HP" and every enemy "1 HP", and every fight a 75% chance for your allies to win, and let's define winning as reducing the HP by 1.

Assuming that there only are 1 on 1 fights, with 32 allies, and that only 1 fight is going on at once, that gives the allies 128 HP. One fight on average per 10 seconds, with a 75% chance to win, means that without healing the allies can, under these circumstances, survive for 512 fights, 5120 seconds, or about 85 minutes until everyone died. In that time they would have killed 384 enemies.

Of course, this is very oversimplified, but I think it shows my point in this case.
'-'
Those calculations are assuming that an enemy is appearing literally right after the preceding one died.
I would have thought since they would be tunnelling that they would be arriving at intervals and in small waves per interval, thus allowing a longer duration for the scenario.
'-'

You're also not taking into account the possibility of several team members being magic users.
You might have a dedicated healer, a dedicated saboteur who affects the movements and strengths of the enemies, a dedicated long range attacker, a dedicated party-buffer, as well as the non-magic users. I also imagine that the higher ups would have made sure to scrounge up their potion resources to better ensure the success of the mission.

With those things in mind, I think the scenario could last a lot longer than your calculations have predicted.
Not necessarily as long as the quest mentions, but still longer than what you stated.
'-'

Just my opinion on the matter, though.

X

Nahrenne

I'm actually so pissed right now. Due to a problem in folder structure of the custom assets, all of the map files got corrupted. Have to redo them again from scratch...
Sorry to hear that happened...
I hope it won't take you too long to rectify.
I'll stream the process later on. Gonna get dinner first
Enjoy your food!
o/

X

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Oof!!! >.<

Ganbatte... Isn't there any way to recover a previous version?

Quaesitor

'-'
Those calculations are assuming that an enemy is appearing literally right after the preceding one died.
I would have thought since they would be tunnelling that they would be arriving at intervals and in small waves per interval, thus allowing a longer duration for the scenario.
'-'

You're also not taking into account the possibility of several team members being magic users.
You might have a dedicated healer, a dedicated saboteur who affects the movements and strengths of the enemies, a dedicated long range attacker, a dedicated party-buffer, as well as the non-magic users. I also imagine that the higher ups would have made sure to scrounge up their potion resources to better ensure the success of the mission.

With those things in mind, I think the scenario could last a lot longer than your calculations have predicted.
Not necessarily as long as the quest mentions, but still longer than what you stated.
'-'

Just my opinion on the matter, though.

X
As I said, my calculation was very oversimplified. However, the HP part of the calculation was very generous, as a single mistake in combat most often means that you essentially lose a leg, arm, or head or get your stomach torn open. Which, in my opinion, no common healer should be able to simply fix. And unless it's about level 3 enemies storming you, a 75% chance of winning is very generous as well - especially as I expect the enemies to arrive in groups bigger than the group of allies, and if you add everyone fighting at once, people are likely to die quickly.

Please delete post in wrong thread
Making a Friend [Evaluation Needed]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
After spending 50 coins at the Shopping District, Vesper left the area on a happy note. He wanted to tour the city before doing anything else, so Vesper wondered around Scribel City. Just as he was about to exit a book store, Vesper bumped into someone and both person fell to the ground.

Vesper clicked his tongue in annoyance and looked up. The person who bumped into looked at him in apology after he saw Vesper's gaze. "Sorrry," the person, a young boy his age said. "Are you alright?"

"Just a fall," Vesper replied. "No harm. You are..?"

"I'm Hanu, an adventurer," Hanu said. "I'm new around here."

"You are? I'm new, too." Vesper said, getting up." "Where did you come from."

"Somewhere southeast," Hanu answered. "At the Eastern Continents."

"Really? Me, too!"

"That's great! I actually met someone like me," Hanu said. "Let's keep in touch? You're the first Easterner I met since coming here."

"Of course!."

Quaesitor

how much a house?
According to this thread:

It's
House8000 G / yearly rent

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Well, the average fight between 2 persons takes about 10 seconds. Now, I'm going to oversimplify this, but here's a rough mathematical estimate. Now, let's say that the enemies are all far weaker than you and your allies, only about a third as strong and skilled each. So that would give every ally "3 HP" and every enemy "1 HP", and every fight a 75% chance for your allies to win, and let's define winning as reducing the HP by 1.

Assuming that there only are 1 on 1 fights, with 32 allies, and that only 1 fight is going on at once, that gives the allies 128 HP. One fight on average per 10 seconds, with a 75% chance to win, means that without healing the allies can, under these circumstances, survive for 512 fights, 5120 seconds, or about 85 minutes until everyone died. In that time they would have killed 384 enemies.

Of course, this is very oversimplified, but I think it shows my point in this case.
Yeah, I understand what you’re saying.

IMO, from a quest difficulty perspective, it’s a sensitivity and specificity question. Some players are approaching AG with a more realistic mindset, whereas others have clearly gone for a more fantasy interpretation.

I wanted a Rank D quest that anybody would look at and think: “That’s hard/impossible” — regardless if you’re playing a more realistic character or a more powered-up characters (which there are plenty of in the guild).

In a sense, I actually took the median as my reference point. Many of the quests are hard from a realism perspective (hence the complaints about the Rank E exam), yet most of the characters in AG so far breezed through it.

For Rank D, I wanted to be extra sure that no character just “breezes through” the exam — i.e. my character fireballed for two hours straight and killed everyone, so we took zero losses because I’m awesome.

...So the bar was set higher than usual.

Does this set the bar too high for the realistic players? Yeah, probably. You’ll have to find an alternative strategy to someone pass the exam, even if it means that your entire party gets wiped out in the first hour and you spend the next six hours cowering under a pile of rubble like a terrified baby — that’s still a pass.

darkza1569

Hey, I gone for awhile and come back with my old event character. This should do for how to met with him
I am going to post it in freestyle rping but don't know if it's good enough

A Monster In Human's Skin (OPEN!)

"By the divine might of ancient ritual and the sacrifices of thousand." Deep voice sounds throughtout hundread of miles "May your soul and body disintegrate into trillion of pieces disappearing in the void. Sunk deep into the darkest abyss and never arise to see the light again."

In that moment, Thousand of people that gathered in circle withered. Left with only the bag of bones. The ancient ritual absorbed all their lifeforces including their souls.

"Such wicked and weak method and you thinks that's enough to stop me? Peasants." Old-aged man with white hair said.

Stood there claded in red armaments littered with yet unknown whose's blood. The blood of unknown number seems to merge completely with this armour. There was no distinguish between blood and armour. It's just like the blood are the armour itself.

This is the armour that was rumored that had bathed in million of lives including its owner.

Holding crimson sword shone brightly red grimly like enemy's blood. The blade was red like bloody moon. The pattern of the blade seems to show the screaming and desparing faces of human. Unknown how much lives were slain by this sword.

This is the sword that was rumored to slain million of enemies's lives.

The essence of sword saint and emperor gathered around the blade. The essence manifested in the physical world. The blade lit with golden light. The halo of conquest ,war ,farmine and death appeared behind his back. Two giant figures of devil and god floating besides him.

This is the swordsmanship that was rumored to killed million of lives.

"No matter who you are. Be it human, ancient ritual, devil or god." The old-aged man said "Obstruct my path, and perish in my wake."

This world is blessed by martial gods. This identity of ancient ritual is an legend in itself. There are little to none of magic particles in this world, so this ancient ritual has been using lifeforce instead of magic.

*BOOM*

One sword and the lifeforce of thousand lives clashed.

A portal opened. One man came out. The man landing on the uneven ground before look around at the surrounding.

"Their ancient ritual success?" Old-aged man mumbled.

Before the clash, The ancient ritual swallow all his being completely before throwing him out. The attack from his sword was negated in the void.

Sadly, The ritual didn't meant to devour and destroy his being in the void but throw him in another dimension. The unknown dimension.

"What is this vast energy my senses picking up?"

Old-aged man seemed to possessed some kind of sixth sense, But his senses sense a vast amount of energy. So vast that its dull all of his sense. But that's not all.

"My curses was weakened?"

He found that the curses that possessed his old body was now being suppressed and weakened by the energy of this world. It's seem as the energy that filled this world and his senses are holy energy from the higher beings such as Gods, Devils, Dragons.

"But it seem this curse is still here and even more vigor than before"

A curse that born within him, Mutation. He called this mutation as "Devil's Strength". It filled all of his being with power, So powerful that it's like the power of devil or god with his lifeforce as compensate.

He is only 30 years old but he is so old that everyone from his age can called him grandpa.

"This world seem to have many restricts more than in my world." He said "Maybe should test it out."

He swing his sword with all his might. The tree that was 3 feets apart from him split into pieces beforce falling. The might from his swing are great but it can't compare with before he was in his world.

"Even my power was suppressed?"

His might from "Devil's Strength" is still the same, But the power output is different from when he is in his old world. In his old world, With this might he can split apart the mountain with ease.

"Emperor Swordsmanship"

The crimson sword shone brightly.

"Peerless Style"

The killing intent radiate from his crimson sword. Behind his back manifested the figure of grim reaper. With that he swing the sword in his hand.

BOOM!

Everything in his sight exploded into dust.

"Hm...This is quite troublesome. My essense of sword saint and emperor, aura, buddhist devil, devilish god, four halo of apocalyspe are suppressed"

"The blessings from Alktana Mad God of Blazing Sun, Empryon Mad God of Lunatic moon, Doom deities and Lord of seven deadly seas are gone"

"Aura, Buddhist devil, Devilish God and Four halo of Apocalypse is not that important. The blessings is just some sh*t. But even the essense of Sword Saint and Emperor was suppressed. This is not a simple world."

To him, All the blessings and figure of god and devil didn't matter much to him. Only the essense ruled the world. The essense is the transcendence energy. He born with sword saint energy and he used it to the point that it's transcending. The emperor essense is the trait that come with his swordsmanship.

"I don't know how or why the energy of this world suppressed my essense. But I know that the being with enough power to suppress this essense isn't some simple being that only wield the power."

"I need information."

7 days later

"There's someone"

Old-aged man said while glanced at the figure of a man holding the dagger and carry a large bag climbing the mountain.

'This should be the people of this world. Maybe I can find some information from him"

Old-aged man thought before removing his weapon and armour. This young man is vigilant with the surrounding, It'd be best if he not appeared while wearing a suit of armour and weapon.

"Hey, Young man. Can you assist this old man?"

"Sure, How may I help you?"

"What's your name? Young man"

"The name's Almodeus Thompson."

"Hohoho great name indeed." Old-aged man said "My name is Arthur. Only Arthur"

OOC : You can met with 'Arthur The Great' in the northern mountain. He'll appeared as old man asking for help. If you help him once, He'll assist in your battle.

Euphoria723

According to this thread:

It's
House8000 G / yearly rent
Then make i build a house once my oc gets the necessary items?

Last edited:

Quaesitor

Yeah, I understand what you’re saying.

IMO, from a quest difficulty perspective, it’s a sensitivity and specificity question. Some players are approaching AG with a more realistic mindset, whereas others have clearly gone for a more fantasy interpretation.

I wanted a Rank D quest that anybody would look at and think: “That’s hard/impossible” — regardless if you’re playing a more realistic character or a more powered-up characters (which there are plenty of in the guild).

In a sense, I actually took the median as my reference point. Many of the quests are hard from a realism perspective (hence the complaints about the Rank E exam), yet most of the characters in AG so far breezed through it.

For Rank D, I wanted to be extra sure that no character just “breezes through” the exam — i.e. my character fireballed for two hours straight and killed everyone, so we took zero losses because I’m awesome.

...So the bar was set higher than usual.

Does this set the bar too high for the realistic players? Yeah, probably. You’ll have to find an alternative strategy to someone pass the exam, even if it means that your entire party gets wiped out in the first hour and you spend the next six hours cowering under a pile of rubble like a terrified baby — that’s still a pass.
I do understand where you are coming from, yeah. Well, as I don't have an alternative solution that deals with this point, I can't really complain, can I? I agree with everything you said, stated my point, so, yeah. I'm glad if it helps you think of something, but if it doesn't or you don't want to change the exam, I completely understand.

Nahrenne

I do understand where you are coming from, yeah. Well, as I don't have an alternative solution that deals with this point, I can't really complain, can I? I agree with everything you said, stated my point, so, yeah. I'm glad if it helps you think of something, but if it doesn't or you don't want to change the exam, I completely understand.
|.o)
Maybe wait for the Spire Reef one to open up?
|.<)

X

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Mhm... frankly I don’t have that many ideas about how to standardize a difficulty. :blob_pat_sad:

I hope I can make it clear that I think the quest should be considered a pass even if the author has it last 3 hours, or they failed at almost everything else stated... surviving the quest is the primary criteria to promotion.

Nahrenne

Mhm... frankly I don’t have that many ideas about how to standardize a difficulty. :blob_pat_sad:

I hope I can make it clear that I think the quest should be considered a pass even if the author has it last 3 hours, or they failed at almost everything else stated... surviving the quest is the primary criteria to promotion.
Why not re-word it to surviving the siege of enemies - giving no time limit to it to allow people to make it as long or short as they want?
|.o)

X

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Why not re-word it to surviving the siege of enemies - giving no time limit to it to allow people to make it as long or short as they want?
|.o)

X
Many of the earlier quests that are worded as “defenses” are already kind of like that. Because of author bias, nearly everyone puts their character in an easy defense situation.

Nahrenne

Many of the earlier quests that are worded as “defenses” are already kind of like that. Because of author bias, nearly everyone puts their character in an easy defense situation.
Then, how about an OOC note stating that players can't breeze through it and have to struggle to survive in this quest?

X

ON a side note, I will say what I found tho... I had never played an AG forum RPG before... So Intially, putting levels on abilities and skills, seemed to simplified envisioning the character... becasue there is a level system with the quest.

But ultimately, this is not a video game, so there is no AI that needs to understand things in levels. And in the recent quests I found by having skill levels was reductive for me. I ended up removing them. It was better to just describe the skill and competency level in the description... bur that might just be me, I feel that decribing evel of the ability react more naturally to the plots unfolding,