Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Euka

Weeeeeeird, I thought it might be a limitation because you have 0 posts, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Can you put the link here while breaking it up with spaces? I can try testing it.

I just wanted to change text colors and link my quests to my signature T.T

https:// forum.scribblehub. com/threads/adventurers-guild-reception-desk. 1640/page-48#post -36959

My test quest link

edit: oh.. it works now...

edit 2: nvm... it's still not working on my signature

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
All my tests are working just fine. I dunno what could be causing Euka's issue...
I just wanted to change text colors and link my quests to my signature T.T

https:// forum.scribblehub. com/threads/adventurers-guild-reception-desk. 1640/page-48#post -36959

My test quest link

edit: oh.. it works now...
Ah... Didn't you reach the limit of 20000 characters for your signature? That's the usual issue.

Euka

All my tests are working just fine. I dunno what could be causing Euka's issue...

Ah... Didn't you reach the limit of 20000 characters for your signature? That's the usual issue.
I checked the word count and I'm at 1.4k word count.

AliceShiki

I checked the word count and I'm at 1.4k word count.
I checked your character count at BB Code Editor, you're at 11611 characters atm.

Maybe Scribbly's limit is smaller than NUF and caps at 12000 characters or something, I dunno. That's my current guess anyways.

Obscura_Luna

I got a question. How far is the current technology in the city? As in, do each house has their own lighting in form of magic or simple candle? And how about sanitation? Do we have running water easily like piped water or just simple well or even magically produced water or something? I read Nahrenne story and I see a tap in her story. Is that due to magic or something?

I just want to know that since my next story might involve the orphanage building and just want to be as close to the setting as possible.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
I got a question. How far is the current technology in the city? As in, do each house has their own lighting in form of magic or simple candle? And how about sanitation? Do we have running water easily like piped water or just simple well or even magically produced water or something? I read Nahrenne story and I see a tap in her story. Is that due to magic or something?

I just want to know that since my next story might involve the orphanage building and just want to be as close to the setting as possible.
The reason I used a tap was cos I thought that - with all of the adventurers from different worlds coming and going out of the guild - the technology of the guild building would be more eclectic than the rest of the city, hence the plumbing being installed there.
>w<

I really struggled with whether to put that bit about using a tap in, or not, tbh.
orz

X

Euka

I checked your character count at BB Code Editor, you're at 11611 characters atm.

Maybe Scribbly's limit is smaller than NUF and caps at 12000 characters or something, I dunno. That's my current guess anyways.

Ahh sorry I misinterpret that. I would accept the character limit put my quest post won't let me edit.

Sigh.. hope I'll get it fixed in the future.

Nahrenne

Ahh sorry I misinterpret that. I would accept the character limit put my quest post won't let me edit.

*huggles*
Maybe message Tony about it?

X

AliceShiki

I think it varies from person to person and there is no set in stone standard.

Judging by the idea of being generic medi-fantasy though, I'd argue taps, houses illuminated by water, easily available running water, magically produced water and all other similar things are totally out of the reasonable.

My rule of thumb would be that if it wouldn't exist in a standard medieval setting, it shouldn't exist here either. But that's just me.

Mmmmmm, let me do another test, just in case...

Obscura_Luna

The reason I used a tap was cos I thought that - with all of the adventurers from different worlds coming and going out of the guild - the technology of the guild building would be more eclectic than the rest of the city, hence the plumbing being installed there.
>w<

I really struggled with whether to put that bit about using a tap in, or not, tbh.
orz

X
Yes, that's why I want to know it first. It would be cool to have tap and modern stuff in there. But I'm not sure, so I want to ask the other first. Because, in my mind at least, to have that kind of plumbing, a lot of stuff needs to be added to the city. A big impact, even if the guild has their own water treatment plant, be it underground or anything. Unless the explanation is due to magic.

Himekawa

At first, it was a character made for fun, as I am stuck in a rut writing Meiko. I'm planning to make the character a blacksmith, following blacksmith goh's template at level 2, then at level 3, become a hunter like the template. At level 4, he will become a guard.

Then, the question becomes how? The farmer never killed anything. He is unable to wield any weapon with any proficiency. Because of that, how do I develop this character, for him to get over his fear?

And then, I decided to erase meiko and start over. So, I decided to focus on the character Mei instead. The farmer turned adventurer shimura was also erased in the process.

Obscura_Luna

Judging by the idea of being generic medi-fantasy though, I'd argue taps, houses illuminated by water, easily available running water, magically produced water and all other similar things are totally out of the reasonable.

My rule of thumb would be that if it wouldn't exist in a standard medieval setting, it shouldn't exist here either. But that's just me.
I see. I will use that rule of thumb then. It is easier anyway, without too much consequences. Thank you for the answer. Oh, thank you for the answer too @Nahrenne . I forgot to thank you.

AliceShiki

Mmmmmm, let me do another test, just in case...
There doesn't seem to be any widespread bug about adding links to signatures... At the moment, I can only think the issue is the character limit.

Easiest solution I can think of, is for you to change the spoiler in your signature to a link to a post in the Registration page. Posts have a much much higher character limit, so you should be able to add all links you want just fine.
I see. I will use that rule of thumb then. It is easier anyway, without too much consequences. Thank you for the answer. Oh, thank you for the answer too @Nahrenne . I forgot to thank you.
Glad to help~

Nahrenne

|.o)
Should I change it to a trough of water?

X

Himekawa

Say, can I write a goblin stampede in night watch? Like hundreds of goblins, utilizing human shields in the form of naked woman tied on a plank advancing toward the city?