Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Say, can I write a goblin stampede in night watch? Like hundreds of goblins, utilizing human shields in the form of naked woman tied on a plank advancing toward the city?
'-'
'-'
'-'
'-'
'-'
'-'
'-'

...x...

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Say, can I write a goblin stampede in night watch? Like hundreds of goblins, utilizing human shields in the form of naked woman tied on a plank advancing toward the city?
That's some next-level gore right there— I could already see some of our 'adventurers' fell onto their knees as they were too horrified/timid to do anything against this strategy.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
|.o)
Should I change it to a trough of water?

X
Up to you I think? I mean... At the end of the day, inconsistent details are expected to happen eventually, so I don't think we need to worry too much about those thingies.

I mean, there was one guy that found toothbrush for sale, for example... Sometimes people interpret things differently, and I don't think this is a problem~
I personally wouldn't mind, we could then use Freestyle for people to try solving the Goblin Attack and stuff or something.

Could be fun~

... But well, depends on how everyone feels about it I guess. I'm about to log-off myself though~
What's a raid?
Basically an event in which everyone works together to deal with a huge threat by posting on Freestyle in turns and the like. So far we had none of those in the current version of AG though~

... Or at least that's how we handled raids in the previous versions~

Zoey

Mustachu
I wouldn't firstly becasue why would goblins attack the city they're not dumb enough to do something that would have such a low chance of success. And two because if you want to have a raid you need to build up to it, you can't just have a hundred goblins show up out of no where.

Himekawa

A big battle? I mean, hundreds of goblins is not a simple thing that can be resolved with just a single night watch mission. I thought you're suggesting a big battle with that in mind.
Honestly... yeah. I am level 1 right now. Like it would be inevitable if I died joining it. But, the job of a night watch is to ring the alarm bell.

Nahrenne

That's some next-level gore right there— I could already see some of our 'adventurers' fell onto their knees as they were too horrified/timid to do anything against this strategy.
Liana's reaction:
'-'
"...Free food?"

Jasper's reaction:
^-^
"Free food~!"

Julrik's reaction:
(*p*)
"A buffet for my eyes! Ahhn~! As a gentleman, I simply must rescue those poor women~!"
*goes to write a quest for someone to do it for him and send them to him to help 'recuperate'*

Hejlikka's reaction:
'o'
>///<
*pushes up glasses*
"S-s-such obscene creatures! How dare they do such things?! Hey! You there!" *points at some male co-workers* "Stop ogling and get back to work! It's unprofessional!"

X

Himekawa

I wouldn't firstly becasue why would goblins attack the city they're not dumb enough to do something that would have such a low chance of success. And two because if you want to have a raid you need to build up to it, you can't just have a hundred goblins show up out of no where.
Hmm... yeah. Better shelved for asteria village quest eh. Village razed to the ground, the women kidnapped as the goblin's womb etc etc.

Nahrenne

Up to you I think? I mean... At the end of the day, inconsistent details are expected to happen eventually, so I don't think we need to worry too much about those thingies.

I mean, there was one guy that found toothbrush for sale, for example... Sometimes people interpret things differently, and I don't think this is a problem~
Yeah, but I don't want to break the world setting and possibly cause more world-breaking.
I'll go change it.
X

AliceShiki

That's a fair argument, a slime horde attacking would make much more sense! xD
Liana's reaction:
'-'
"...Free food?"

Jasper's reaction:
^-^
"Free food~!"

Julrik's reaction:
(*p*)
"A buffet for my eyes! Ahhn~! As a gentleman, I simply must rescue those poor women~!"
*goes to write a quest for someone to do it for him and send them to him to help 'recuperate'*

Hejlikka's reaction:
'o'
>///<
*pushes up glasses*
"S-s-such obscene creatures! How dare they do such things?! Hey! You there!" *points at some male co-workers* "Stop ogling and get back to work! It's unprofessional!"

X
Nene's Reaction:
*goes gather civilians near the wall and bring them to the temple where it should be safer, and then asks the priests at the priests to prepare to heal a wave of injured people before going to bring more civilians to the temple*

Himekawa

Hmm... So, how to write starting in media res? The website I've read for writing short story is that to put the character in the middle of action.

Obscura_Luna

Liana's reaction:
'-'
"...Free food?"

Jasper's reaction:
^-^
"Free food~!"

Julrik's reaction:
(*p*)

Hejlikka's reaction:
'o'
>///<
*pushes up glasses*

X
I've just realized you made quite a number of NPCs. As someone that can barely play one character and took quite literally a few hours just to come up with a name for my NPC in the orphanage, I am impressed.

Nahrenne

I've just realized you made quite a number of NPCs. As someone that can barely play one character and took quite literally a few hours just to come up with a name for my NPC in the orphanage, I am impressed.
Thanks!
(^-^)

I struggle more with surnames than first names, tbh.
It's why most of the NPC's don't have a surname.
>w<

X

AliceShiki

Hmm... So, how to write starting in media res? The website I've read for writing short story is that to put the character in the middle of action.
I never tried it myself, but the gist of it is to start at the middle of something, and then go back and forth between what happened in the past and what is happening in the present, isn't it?
:blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad: :blob_pat_sad:

When I'm out of ideas for names, I usually go to fantasy name generators and use the randomizer until I get something I like, it works pretty well~

AliceShiki

Thanks!
(^-^)

>w<

X
I make most people not have a surname because IMO only nobles and outworlders should have a surname! xD

Though yeah, Surnames are harder IMO.

Zoey

Mustachu
Hmm... yeah. Better shelved for asteria village quest eh. Village razed to the ground, the women kidnapped as the goblin's womb etc etc.
Goblin's womb? I'm pretty sure goblins aren't closely related enough to humans to have babies with them. Or are you implying that goblins insert some kind of parasitic clone baby into females. Edit: because the both are disturbing.

Himekawa

Goblin's womb? I'm pretty sure goblins aren't closely related enough to humans to have babies with them. Or are you implying that goblins insert some kind of parasitic clone baby into females.
at least that was popular in literature.

Obscura_Luna

Thanks!
(^-^)

>w<

X
Yes, the same. And also, I mean, I can only develop my own character and I hardly have enough time to develop the NPC. That's why usually I just interact with other people's character or their developed NPC to develop my own character. Besides, I also want to interact with the other player as much as I can.

When I'm out of ideas for names, I usually go to fantasy name generators and use the randomizer until I get something I like, it works pretty well~
The same. I use randomizer names too.

AliceShiki

Goblin's womb? I'm pretty sure goblins aren't closely related enough to humans to have babies with them. Or are you implying that goblins insert some kind of parasitic clone baby into females. Edit: because the both are disturbing.
Having goblins have children with humans is a surprisingly popular fantasy trope... I was surprised when I found out~

I usually just think of goblins as "Random mook A" though.