Am I dumb or is this a bug?

RaizuN

Hi guys! So I started posting here recently and I've come across a weird little issue when I try to search for my book. When I search the name of my story, Crown, in the search bar, my story comes up under as an option, but when I hit enter to see the full list, I can't seem to find my story. I dunno if that really makes sense, so I've attached a few pictures to show what I mean.
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 8.50.27 PM.png

So my story shows up as the first option here, but if I hit enter
Screen Shot 2024-04-22 at 8.53.07 PM.png

the story isn't anywhere on this page. At first I thought this was just happening because the story was new, but it's been a few days and I'm starting to think that's not the problem. Now I'm well aware that this is just me being dumb and not understanding the site, so if this isn't a bug, I'd be very grateful if someone could explain what is going on with all that. Thanks!

J_Chemist

1713843936813.png

So for reference, when I plug in all of the tags into the normal search function, it pops up. And your book is searchable, as I was able to find it myself.

If I could take a guess, I would presume that hitting "enter" only displays a limited number of titles rather than an entire laundry list. It prints out exactly 25 books and likely the top 25 within the search.

RaizuN

View attachment 28346
So for reference, when I plug in all of the tags into the normal search function, it pops up. And your book is searchable, as I was able to find it myself.

If I could take a guess, I would presume that hitting "enter" only displays a limited number of titles rather than an entire laundry list. It prints out exactly 25 books and likely the top 25 within the search.
Ahhhhhh okk that makes a lot of sense. I thought that the site would show all the stories with the word Crown in the title when I hit enter, so I was expecting multiple pages of stuff. When I got to the bottom of the first page and didn't see any options to see more, I just assumed that it was showing me everything. But your guess makes much more sense. I guess that's just the problem with having such a common word as a title :P

Anyway, thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate you clearing that up for me.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
Ahhhhhh okk that makes a lot of sense. I thought that the site would show all the stories with the word Crown in the title when I hit enter, so I was expecting multiple pages of stuff. When I got to the bottom of the first page and didn't see any options to see more, I just assumed that it was showing me everything. But your guess makes much more sense. I guess that's just the problem with having such a common word as a title :P

Anyway, thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate you clearing that up for me.
*Deep exhale*

LIBERAL

LIBERAL!.jpg

The liberalist must be so dumb to let you type like this.

RaizuN

...I'm so confused. How did this thread devolve into this? What are any of you saying?? What's going on??