Any harem writers go all the way to the MC having kids with his harem?

ForestDweller

And having the kids be their own characters too?

That's what I'm planning to do so it may be fun to brainstorm fun ideas to write for such a situation.

For example, having one kid plotting for their mother to be no 1 in the harem or one kid getting upset that their mother isn't getting much attention from mc lately.

Of course, there's also the classic "kids want to sleep with papa so papa can't have sex with mama".

D

Deleted member 54065

Not yet written, but I plan to.

Then my MC would go...

"Haiyaa...why you don't get an A? Your cousin Timmy always gets an A studying from the back of milk carton. Your father is Asian, you Asian, not Bsian! Failyeeeerrr! Haiyaaaa..."

But on a serious side, yes, I plan to have him kids.

ForestDweller

Not yet written, but I plan to.

Then my MC would go...

"Haiyaa...why you don't get an A? Your cousin Timmy always gets an A studying from the back of milk carton. Your father is Asian, you Asian, not Bsian! Failyeeeerrr! Haiyaaaa..."

But on a serious side, yes, I plan to have him kids.

My MC's gonna have his first baby soon.

At least for my Patreon readers. :s_tongue:

Sebas_Guzman

I think about it but I don't know yet. Kids are such handfuls unless you unload them on grandparents and nannies XD

But yeah, it's definitely fun to think about. I do love the idea about the kids developing hierarchies for mothers like:
Mom A is the person to go to for food
Mom B is the nicest
Mom C tells the best stories
Mom D--do not get Mom D mad, wait, Dad, don't do it!
Mom E will save us all from Mom D's nuke

RobBanks

Eh... Honestly, people love talking about the babies/kids ever after like it's the best thing ever, but I think it'll be really boring.

With a huge harem you already have your story bloating with characters, right? Now you gonna add kids in, too? How many would each of the wives have? Two? Three?

Sure it might be interesting as an idea but would be a nightmare in execution.

Honestly, if the MC's kids are that interesting to you guys, I can see writing a separate story focused on your favorite, and maybe some of their siblings and putting the MC and the others kinda to the sidelines a bit.
But trying to have them all on the main story sounds like hell.
Huge sea of one-note characters you can't develop properly because there's just not enough space for everyone.

ForestDweller

Yeah, that's kinda my plan. MC taking the backseat and then taking the spotlight.

ACertainPassingUser

And not to mention what drama would happen if one of the wife suddenly ask for divorce as she can't continue live the place MC' family currently lives, as it's either too hot/too cold/too dry/Too humid/too crowded/too quiet or something.

I remember watching a certain Mecha anime where MC's mom didn't live with her husband because she can't bear to leave Earth and live in space.

I also remember a fanfic or shitty novel where a German couple who run away from German and lives in Tropical hot country. They eventually divorced because the wife couldn't handle the tropical climate, altough they still love each other. The wife decided to go home back to German or some Europe country.

But the wife ask the husband's local maid to take care of his husband tho, therefore the German husband married the local maid and the German wife just go home. Somehow it feels like the natural thing to do after years, like leaving your husband to your best friend or loyal servant or something if you couldn't handle living with him any longer.

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
In my novel there are twins.

But they are adopted among the whole group so they see all of them as their mother and father.

Although they are not natural, they are two androids, who act like a hive mind, who tries to act like two different pretty twin sisters but has a hard time.

They were adopted because the main character could not have children and as a result of one of his adventures, (The action type, the fighting type, a military base).

It is complicated.

J_Chemist

> MC was abandoned with his Auntie by his Dad who chose Adventuring over being a parent. Mom died when he was young to not-named cause.

> MC said he would never be like his Dad. i.e; would become Adventurer but not abandon his kids.

> MC just plowed childhood friend. Likely has a kid. Just left said woman on an Adventure.

> There are plans in the works for this to happen two to three more times.

> MC is literally becoming his dad.

sanitylimited

> MC was abandoned with his Auntie by his Dad who chose Adventuring over being a parent. Mom died when he was young to not-named cause.

> MC said he would never be like his Dad. i.e; would become Adventurer but not abandon his kids.

> MC just plowed childhood friend. Likely has a kid. Just left said woman on an Adventure.

> There are plans in the works for this to happen two to three more times.

> MC is literally becoming his dad.
and in time travel because he wants to learn more about his mum, thus he literaly does become his dad.

his mum dies from paradox poisoning

ACertainPassingUser

and in time travel because he wants to learn more about his mum, thus he literaly does become his dad.

his mum dies from paradox poisoning
Paradox poisoning didn't just affect that guy's mum, it affects the mum of universe and she decided to purge the poison by sending it to another universe altogether.