Recommendations Any super-duper funny fantasy stories?

TotallyHuman

there was a story on nu about a guy and a humanoid frog and a girl hero in a sailor uniform and a fairy and it was super funny but I can't remember it for the life of me

Reincarnated as an AXE on rrl

BlackKnightX

there was a story on nu about a guy and a humanoid frog and a girl hero in a sailor uniform and a fairy and it was super funny but I can't remember it for the life of me

Reincarnated as an AXE on rrl
Sounds hella fun! I'll check it out, thanks.

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
"Normally, that'd be an issue for me as well. However, as someone with overwhelming confidence due to never having tried anything that could result in failure, I was extremely upbeat about my own abilities.

That's right! My success rate was 100%. And until the day I tasted failure, I intended to abuse that winning streak for as long as I can. Ohohoho!"

Coming from the same author as Lily Clairet! I absolutely love it~

This is also good.

Admittedly, there aren't a whole lot of fantasy-comedy focused stories I've read, but they are fun.

Last edited:

Arkus86

There was This Quest is Bullshit, but I believe it was moved to Amazon entirelly. Also Everybody Loves Large Chests on RR, though I think it was better comedy in the first half than the latter. And Fork This Life!, though that is not exactly updated frequently these days.
Edit: And Dungeon Item Shop or some other stories from the author, though several of those including DiS have moved to Amazon as well.

Last edited:

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
I mostly read on RoyalRoad, so my recommendation will be for there :

Cinnamon Bun - (On SH) Very light hearted, has an Alice in Wonderland vibe, and is full of fluff, chaos and comedy.

How to get lost: a wanderers guide - A guy wakes up in the wilderness with no memories, and just wings it. Chaotic and fun, but unfortunately dropped, though it is not too bad since there is not much of a story to begin with, just a succession of shenanigans.

Bloom - A nutty guy gets reincarnated into a tree and wreaks havoc in the world, with no care for consequences, very chaotic. Finished, but with an open ending that is not satisfactory.

The Godking's Legacy - You are probably seeing a pattern in my recommendations and what I find funny, but this is about a dumb musclebrain squirrelkin that has entirely too much power and absolutely no sense on how to use it, and is unintentionally a murderhobo as she believes everyone to be just as resistant as her.

Vainqueur the Dragon - A dragon suddenly realizes the system exists and decides to become an adventurer to grow his hoard.

Necrotourists - An OP archlich and his friends wake up and go on a tourist tour to see how the world has changed in the thousands of years he has been away.

Le_ther

Demon prince goes to the academy(Kr novel at NU)

First half is a slice of life comedy school life fantasy. However, latter half is no longer funny...

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
I love fantasy. I love comedy. And I love you. So now could You please give me some Comedy Fantasy (fantasy comedy)?
Awww... so sweet! Here you go!

melchi

What is a custom title?
I was going to say cinnamon bun too.

Loner life in another world is good too, the guy has classes like Otaku, hikikimori and doesn't call anyone by their name.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Loner life in another world is good too, the guy has classes like Otaku, hikikimori and doesn't call anyone by their name.
yeah, that's an epic series if you can handle absurd style gag comedy. it's like watching a human shaped pile of chaos wreak positive havoc upon the world (well, positive for those he actually can give a shit about. for those against him? not so positive)